Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

It's just a friendly and the players want to get to Germany. 

These games are for making sure the fitness ticks over. 

Well Southgate hasn’t filled me with confidence for a while now bar a good performance/result against Italy it’s been very lacklustre. Results like this don’t help when you have been struggling so long. Let’s face it not many PL clubs would take Southgate, not even at championship level .

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Guest Col city fan
20 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Just as long as Chanhel 4 don't do a commentary/punditary again

Jesus the female lurch completely kills it. So does shrek

What’s dreadful show!

England were shite, the happy clappers were silent! And Lurch/Shrek were incredibly boring.

A couple of hours of my life I shan’t get back…

11 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well Southgate hasn’t filled me with confidence for a while now bar a good performance/result against Italy it’s been very lacklustre. Results like this don’t help when you have been struggling so long. Let’s face it not many PL clubs would take Southgate, not even at championship level .

I agree about Southgate ( I really hope Man U go for him 😁) , but the quality on the pitch will shine through as the tournament progresses.

I'll duck out of the thread now because my attention was on Hampden. 

These friendlies mean nothing, its all about getting ready for next week. 

12 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I agree about Southgate ( I really hope Man U go for him 😁) , but the quality on the pitch will shine through as the tournament progresses.

Reckon Shankland will start for the first game now?

Has southgate made all the cuts now?

Did that affect todays performance?

players knowing their on the plane to German so no effort or desire for the friendly?

12 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

It’s is about getting ready sure, but we looked far from ready. Southgate was out done tactically again. I expect certain players to show far more commitment and quality at the tournament and that may be enough to reach the QF, I’m just struggling to see with southgate at the helm how we go any farther. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Reckon Shankland will start for the first game now?

I think Clarke will stick with Adams. 

He offers a bit more outside the box and links the play better. 

I was impressed by Tommy Conway and Lewis Morgans cameos.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It’s is about getting ready sure, but we looked far from ready. Southgate was out done tactically again. I expect certain players to show far more commitment and quality at the tournament and that may be enough to reach the QF, I’m just struggling to see with southgate at the helm how we go any farther. 

The people saying it's just a friendly and it means nothing would be the same people waxing lyrical if we'd have gone and spanked them tonight. Is Leicester fans should know more than anybody the importance of momentum and the effect it can have

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Has southgate made all the cuts now?

Did that affect todays performance?

players knowing their on the plane to German so no effort or desire for the friendly?

Yes squad was named yesterday .

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have you seen the state of the team we put out lol

Honestly, without googling, be really honest, how many of them have you even heard of. lol

Maybe a weaker team but the likes of Wilson , Moore and Johnson should still get a goal ?

Edited by Super_horns

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have you seen the state of the team we put out lol

Honestly, without googling, be really honest, how many of them have you even heard of. lol

To be honest Gibraltar would be struggling in non league football 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The people saying it's just a friendly and it means nothing would be the same people waxing lyrical if we'd have gone and spanked them tonight. Is Leicester fans should know more than anybody the importance of momentum and the effect it can have

Exactly. I think this result is disastrous. First of all, it's a result that may be demoralising for a lot of players just 1 week before the tournament. 

Secondly, Southgate's post match interview was shocking. The guy lives in his own universe. I'm certain he'll play right away the card of long season fatigue or whatever after the team fails to qualify from the group stage. 

Trust me, this team under this manager and his tactics will finish 4th in the group. It's bizarre Mainoo was even called. Palmer, despite his decent season, should be 3rd option at best. The defense is a laughing stock of overweight, unfit, slow players. Any creativity going forward was killed by the cut of both Grealish and Madders. This team is more flat than a McDonald's plastic burger. Bellingham and Foden can't carry on their shoulders the whole team. 

Kane is.. Kane. Going back and forward like Benny Hill without a purpose or with the only purpose to destroy any decent build up just to play the ball sideways. Sideways was a great movie, it's not working in football. 

6 hours ago, trugerkem said:

Mainoo has 2 good games for Man Utd and he’s straight in the England team … don’t get it myself 

He's gotten overly fast tracked. He shouldn't be in the team against Serbia. Correlation is not necessarily causation but he's been in a generally dire Man Utd side who concede an absurd amount of shots, his defensive numbers are pretty awful. He's a prospect rather than the finished article.

Friendly or not that's an absolutely dire result this close to the tournament, at home. Embarrassing score.

4 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Exactly. I think this result is disastrous. First of all, it's a result that may be demoralising for a lot of players just 1 week before the tournament. 

Secondly, Southgate's post match interview was shocking. The guy lives in his own universe. I'm certain he'll play right away the card of long season fatigue or whatever after the team fails to qualify from the group stage. 

Trust me, this team under this manager and his tactics will finish 4th in the group. It's bizarre Mainoo was even called. Palmer, despite his decent season, should be 3rd option at best. The defense is a laughing stock of overweight, unfit, slow players. Any creativity going forward was killed by the cut of both Grealish and Madders. This team is more flat than a McDonald's plastic burger. Bellingham and Foden can't carry on their shoulders the whole team. 

Kane is.. Kane. Going back and forward like Benny Hill without a purpose or with the only purpose to destroy any decent build up just to play the ball sideways. Sideways was a great movie, it's not working in football. 

I'm no Southgate fan but I doubt we go out in the groups. Too big a safety net. Do wonder if we're due a proper shocker of a tournament mind lol certainly don't look like one that'll win it either.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights. Iceland’s goal was superb build up if you ignore the terrible goalkeeping. It really doesn’t bode well even if it was only a fitness exercise, it’s not great for the confidence and matches some of the results of the past couple of years 

That game a a touch of the Plymouth vs Leicester when we lost 1-0. Although at least we could say we were away that day. 1 shot on target at Wembley. Ouch.

Iceland played well to be fair, and low blocked most of the game but when they attacked it was always with intent. 

I don't think we are going to get low blocked at the Euro's (much), so not going to read too much into this, but it is disappointing. 

I kind of disagree with the confidence knocking suggestion of losing to Iceland, I actually think it will have the reverse effect and show them they need to pull their socks up.

We don’t play Germany, France, Spain etc in the groups so beating these 4:0 could have actually hindered ENG by assuming they only need to turn up to beat Serbia etc #wakeupcall.

• Like 1