Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Es played well today, especially the 2nd half.Not an exceptions Performance Bit some moments of excellent movement.

Sorry cant understand People of having Digs at Amartey or Schmeichel, for the goal, Amartey's path was Not  Open to clear the ball..Schmeichel chipped it far out to the near the halfway-line..Others should have Defended that attack..I

We looked more stabile at the back, & grow better into the game the more solid B.line seemed to give KDH

the confidence with Maddison to Play more to their strengths & the Team fed off it...at Old Trafford.

People say Manutd are not so Good this season...Hey-ho neither are we hitting the hights...

In General Happy with today..But we still need to be more disciplined & Clinical around goal & last 1/3...

Nacho & Barnes have to get their chances at least on target, until they do....consistent Top 4-7 will Stay a struggle.

Our midfield passes have to be crisper...Even Off form Man-UTD Move that midfield ball smoother & clinical..I

The future..Fofana-Soyuncu has to be the CB Pairing we over the Summer should be pushing & motivating...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

I mean look at that rat face fairy Fernandez or whatever his name is, he got Youri booked and there wasn’t even contact. Rolling around on the floor like he’d been stabbed in the calf. 

Also, just look at what happens every time we play Villa. Scrotes like Cash and McGinn runnning around hacking people down every 2 minutes, then hurling themselves to the floor clutching their shins to get dubious free kick after dubious free kick. And the refs fall for it every time. We are too nice, if we are playing scum cheats like MAn Utd or Villa, you have to match them at it or the refs will take the piss.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I know it will annoy certainposters on here, but Mendy was superb. Wish Brendan had included him in the Europa squad 

I've never really understood the criticism of him to be honest. I think some expected him to be Kante mk2 but whilst he isn't that I see him as a valuable squad member 

• Like 4

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I've never really understood the criticism of him to be honest. I think some expected him to be Kante mk2 but whilst he isn't that I see him as a valuable squad member 

Being part of those dreadful summer 2016 signings has been a factor. 

For the most part he does lack a bit of consistency. A very good performance is often followed up by a middling one. 

Good today it must be said. 

20 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Es played well today, especially the 2nd half.Not an exceptions Performance Bit some moments of excellent movement.

Sorry cant understand People of having Digs at Amartey or Schmeichel, for the goal, Amartey's path was Not  Open to clear the ball..Schmeichel chipped it far out to the near the halfway-line..Others should have Defended that attack..I

We looked more stabile at the back, & grow better into the game the more solid B.line seemed to give KDH

the confidence with Maddison to Play more to their strengths & the Team fed off it...at Old Trafford.

People say Manutd are not so Good this season...Hey-ho neither are we hitting the hights...

In General Happy with today..But we still need to be more disciplined & Clinical around goal & last 1/3...

Nacho & Barnes have to get their chances at least on target, until they do....consistent Top 4-7 will Stay a struggle.

Our midfield passes have to be crisper...Even Off form Man-UTD Move that midfield ball smoother & clinical..I

The future..Fofana-Soyuncu has to be the CB Pairing we over the Summer should be pushing & motivating...

Evans did well today and adds an air of calmness and authority. Going forwards though it has to be Cags and Fofana. Soyuncu has been impressive of late and plays better himself with a strong partner. Amartey has far exceeded expectations and been very solid this season but   I was a bit surprised cags didn’t come on when evans had to go off. That’s not meant to be disrespectful to Amartey but I think they need to play together and whilst we can enable this and still have great back up we should take it. Still now we have four great CBS ready for PSV. Quite the turnaround from just a few months ago. 

A draw was probably just about fair but I thought we edged it. They should have had a red and that Var decision doesn't go that way if the tables were turned imo. Marriner is a shit ref. 

Our final ball still lacks a little bit for me though. We play some good stuff but lack the final edge. De Gea only did that one good save from Fofana, did he do anything else notable? 

Shame tho as we looked decent going forward and I'm enjoying how we're playing a bit more now. 

Some comments on players....Evans is a class act, and Fofana looks superb. Says it all that Amartey is considered better than Soyuncu. 

I thought Barnes was ****ing awful. He needs to be called out more often than he is. Never ever known a player like him in terms of contrasting performances. 

Iheanacho probably should have scored another one but for me his target man play has improved so much. His linking up and setting up moves is superb and for me he is now so capable of playing on his own which he lacked before. 

Maddison was very good, his form has been consistent and looks back to his best. 

If Brendan hasn't already, I really hope he apologised massively to Mendy. Him not being named in the 25 man squad was an aberration frankly. He's a very good player, I didn't think about Ndidi once today. He's got a lot of qualities and some are much better than Ndidi. It's a shame if he does go at the end of the season, as I'd happily keep him and have him starting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Something really sinister about MoTD not even showing or mentioning the McTominay clear and obvious red card. 2 Major VAR decisions swung the game to save Manu and they're trying to hide that for some reason ...

It's weird. I expected them to show it but agree with the ref but say the player was fortunate. But to completely duck a major incident and probably game changing incident is just bizarre. :blink:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

If you "slow down the frames", you'll see Kel was fouled first. 

As Lineker mentioned there should not be slow motion with VAR as it is artificial and not accurate in showing the incident.  Fine for offside but not in tackling

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's weird. I expected them to show it but agree with the ref but say the player was fortunate. But to completely duck a major incident and probably game changing incident is just bizarre. :blink:

Exactly. I expected them to just gloss over it at worst, but to completely edit it out is a proper glitch in the matrix type moment. Especially given I've seen chunks of recent episodes dedicated to discussing similar tackles (was it Kane on Robertson recently?)

Can't trust MOTD to give fair coverage at all.

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I swear Barnes completed about 6 nutmegs today

First half he did well I thought.

Missed someone to pass to and was a bit anonymous second half. Would have scored of he was more composed.

Odd that he is being critised.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

A point at Old Trafford is not to be sniffed at but I really feel like the win was there for us if we just let the shackles off a bit and were braver. The rest of the season should be used as a free hit as we're not playing for anything domestically 

The thing is we have European competition which we could win. Say in trying to beat Man U we pick up 2 more injuries and put Thursday in jeopardy... is that smart to do?

I totally agree that we could / should have won the game today, but think the approach to the game was probably the right one. Playing to win but without putting absolutely everything into the match. The maximum effort should be kept for the European games; PSV is a hard game to play for a team with such little European experience as us, and if we get past them it could Roma and then Marseille to win that competition. It's highly unlikely we can qualify for Europe via the league now, so that competition represents our best opportunity. So I think we will see similar performances for the rest of the league, certainly in the matches that are sandwiched between European competitions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Its not just motd, sky and BT are also incredibly biased towards the big clubs. It's been the same since the beginning of time and is never going to change but its incredibly annoying and makes me love football less and less. The "big 6" wank fest is sickening and part of me wishes they would fck off and start a European super league. 

Yea, I'm more than used to bias towards the 'big teams', but leaving out major talking points against them as if they didn't happen is something a bit more than that. Proper sus.