Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Seems clear to me. you can slow down the frames, their shins are touching, varane pushes him, as kelechi falls back he grabs his foot onto the leg of Varane and pulls it. The push does not cause the hook though, the hook is a response to the push. 

I’ve watched it 40 or more times, I still disagree. You are right on one thing though, it is clear, just not in the way you think it is.

With a bit more quality, composure and confidence in the final third we would of won that. That’s why Maddison should be first name on the team sheet, even if in and out the game he can produce moments of quality that only he and Tielemans can do.

Was disappointed in Barnes this evening, had a lot of ball but seemed passive and quite sloppy in possession 

I thought the system worked really well today. Defensively we were sound for most of the game and rarely at risk of conceding. Offensively we took up good positions, there was always a pass on but we failed to execute them. More down to individual mistakes and concentration than poor system imo.

Anyone else a bit worried about Barnes? Seems to really dwell on the ball atm and keeps missing really good opportunities to pass or cross. He’s a dangerous dribbler but even then he seems to do it too much and lose the ball too often. He also is cutting in too much imo and just shooting the ball at 3 defenders. He’s got quality, but it feels like lots of dangerous moves stop with him atm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

I thought the system worked really well today. Defensively we were sound for most of the game and rarely at risk of conceding. Offensively we took up good positions, there was always a pass on but we failed to execute them. More down to individual mistakes and concentration than poor system imo.

Anyone else a bit worried about Barnes? Seems to really dwell on the ball atm and keeps missing really good opportunities to pass or cross. He’s a dangerous dribbler but even then he seems to do it too much and lose the ball too often. He also is cutting in too much imo and just shooting the ball at 3 defenders. He’s got quality, but it feels like lots of dangerous moves stop with him atm.

Barnes is just a very streaky player, he's improved his finishing no end and often his best creative play is going on the outside on his left foot rather than cutting in but he wasn't very good today, where on earth was Castagne though? He played the the left back equivalent of Danny Simpson, created very little overlaps and although they was still ample opportunity for Barnes to have been better when given the ball, I've had my doubts over Castagne on the left as he seems to struggle to spring off that side and find space like he does on the right. I'd hoped Brentford at home was the start of a good spell from him bit I'd switch him and Justin.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

‘You can slow down the frames’ 

That is exactly why I hate VAR. It’s got referees looking at things in slow motion when the sport is played at real time. Things happen which occur with collisions.

I’m not debating here with you, just making another point 

Yeah I can't disagree with that, the problem is with rules they inevitably end up being fine margins, for example where does the hand start/end, then the ball lands on that exact spot and it ends up in an endless debate about whether it touched the hand part or the non hand part etc etc. unfortunately though with fine margins these things do matter in the end.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Barnes is just a very streaky player, he's improved his finishing no end and often his best creative play is going on the outside on his left foot rather than cutting in but he wasn't very good today, where on earth was Castagne though? He played the the left back equivalent of Danny Simpson, created very little overlaps and although they was still ample opportunity for Barnes to have been better when given the ball, I've had my doubts over Castagne on the left as he seems to struggle to spring off that side and find space like he does on the right. I'd hoped Brentford at home was the start of a good spell from him bit I'd switch him and Justin.

Barnes plays better off vardy and with Thomas behind.

His interplay with vardy was looking unplayable at times. Need to get them both fit and playing together.

• Like 3

Depressingly average first half. Significant improvement in second half, and probably right to feel aggrieved at not having all three points. ‘Both’ VAR decisions were debatable. But, when do they not go the way of the the top four clubs? 😞

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I felt castagne was good today tbh, defensively seemed strong and I don’t recall him losing the ball much. Seemed to me that against Brentford castagne was tasked with getting forward and Justin was to stay back a bit more, might just be changing depending on the opposition.

One thing I took from that match is that we are a different kettle of fish defensively when we have the first choice back 4 in.  That then gives confidence in attacking more.  

I genuinely think if we had had castagne, Justin, Evans and fofana all together from day one of the season, we'd be sitting with at least ten more points than we are now.

• Like 3

Disappointing to net get the 3 points - we definitely deserved them after that second half. I'm not having it that that's a foul from Iheanacho on Varane, yes if you slow it down it looks like he's deliberately pulling his foot with his foot, but in real time he's clearly just trying to get past him. If he doesn't get past him, it's obstruction. The ball then goes to Maguire, who hits it off Iheanacho, and Kel threads it wide right where Maddison finishes it.

It was a great move, with real tenacity, and VAR has made a poor call.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Seems clear to me. you can slow down the frames, their shins are touching, varane pushes him, as kelechi falls back he grabs his foot onto the leg of Varane and pulls it. The push does not cause the hook though, the hook is a response to the push. 

Lee Dixon says there's nothing in that and yet after the game he changes his tune... lol

If Manure score in that situation, the goal stands.