Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

32 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Seems clear to me. you can slow down the frames, their shins are touching, varane pushes him, as kelechi falls back he grabs his foot onto the leg of Varane and pulls it. The push does not cause the hook though, the hook is a response to the push. 

its a clash of knees at best, sickening decision.. most of us have knocked knees when playing and it can hurt.. but that's not a foul its clash of knees thats why he goes down holding his Knee.

Weve been robbed plain and simple

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

Varane was going down on his arse anyway from doing the splits

Ref gave a goal because if it happened anywhere else there would have been no fuss....but the s*** in the the VAR studio tell him to review it....but didn't bother when Mctominay red card challenge on Maddison.

Bet if Maddison hadn't scored they wouldn't have given it as foul 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

its a clash of knees at best, sickening decision.. most of us have knocked knees when playing and it can hurt.. but that's not a foul its clash of knees

Clash of knees? what? The leg is hooked away, hitting knees doesn't cause your foot to be dragged a foot in another direction. You've literally responded to a comment that includes the video footage...

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Clash of knees? what? The leg is hooked away, hitting knees doesn't cause your foot to be dragged a foot in another direction. You've literally responded to a comment that includes the video footage...

that what you want to see, why does he go down holding his knee? you've just responded to a comment that includes the video footage?

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

First half average. 

Second half deserved the win. 

Conned by the McTominay yellow. And the disallowed goal. 

Frustrating because that was such a winnable game. 

The game hinged on two decisions Manure got both of them and gained a point from it. Simple as that.

mate he goes down holding his knee its in the video have a look.

Right, what does that have to do with the fact his leg has been hooked a full foot out of position?

A clash of knees does not cause someone's foot to move a foot to the right. The hook of the leg caused it. 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Right, what does that have to do with the fact his leg has been hooked a full foot out of position?

A clash of knees does not cause someone's foot to move a foot to the right. The hook of the leg caused it. 

if you take a knock to the knee it can put you unbalanced and on the floor like we seen here.

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Amazing how we can hold our own with some big players returning.  

3 months ago I would have taken 1-1 away to Man United. Can’t help but feel disappointed now though- I suppose that’s a positive  sign.

about the disallowed goal- a slow replay can make things look  bad- but it can still be a foul even if it didn’t have  willful intent- it can impede him even if he makes a meal of it. Vardy has been the king of drawing those fouls for years so we can’t really complain too much.

It’s amazing how assured we looked at the back with a half fit Evans in the line up. We conceded minutes after he went off.

• Like 2

if you take a knock to the knee it can put you unbalanced and on the floor like we seen here.

This happened after his leg was hooked out of the way. Blue tinted specs is real today. He very clearly only holds his knee and goes to ground AFTER he has his leg hooked. If you're seriously suggesting the leg wasn't hooked then I'd love to have a sip of whatever you're drinking.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

his save pushed it back in to a scoring position - he shoudl have pushed it wide.

That’s a bit of a reach, it was a great save, he did push it wide, just unlucky who it feel to. Don’t see that Kasper could have done more there as the first save was incredible.

He also kept us in it with 2-3 crucial saves throughout the match.

This happened after his leg was hooked out of the way. Blue tinted specs is real today. He very clearly only holds his knee and goes to ground AFTER he has his leg hooked. If you're seriously suggesting the leg wasn't hooked then I'd love to have a sip of whatever you're drinking.

What is your opinion of Varane pushing iheanacho first?

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

It’s amazing how assured we looked at the back with a half fit Evans in the line up. We conceded minutes after he went off.

Little wes being there makes a huge difference, for him to sign a new deal too is massive for us. Watching fofana and how he positions himself is amazing 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

no your just making stuff up now go and watch the video again. he knocks knees.. goes unbalanced.. then the 'foot sweep' then he goes down holding his knee why has he gone down holding his knee? is he a clown?

Edited by whoareyaaa

Guest Mee-9

Wonder if we’ll get a VAR apology on Monday.

Disgusting state of officiating today, how many times had Andre Marriner had a blunder against us that’s cost us the game.

1 minute ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What is your opinion of Varane pushing iheanacho first?

Yeah it's a clear push. If anything you could argue that's not a fair tackle. It does not cause the hook of the leg though which is what I've seen a few people arguing. Just looking at Iheanacho's momentum from the push shows it did not cause the hook. 

Should have won. Man Utd are a pile of brown smelly stuff.  The disallowed goal was a bit soft, but probably a free kick. That said, Its Old Trafford and Man Utd, and if that happens down the other end, it dont go to VAR, the goal stands, and it done even get mentioned.  Same with the McTomminey Yellow card, if thats down the other end, and Mendy on Fernandes, VAR sticks its oar in, and its Mendy gets a red.

Just now, Mee-9 said:

Wonder if we’ll get a VAR apology on Monday.

Disgusting state of officiating today, how many times had Andre Marriner had a blunder against us that’s cost us the game.

Look I seen it, our goal was a foul but does that get checked the other way I doubt it… the more obvious one was the mctominay challenge and I don’t think they can hide from that… it is red 

• Like 2

Yeah it's a clear push. If anything you could argue that's not a fair tackle. It does not cause the hook of the leg though which is what I've seen a few people arguing. Just looking at Iheanacho's momentum from the push shows it did not cause the hook. 

Once Upon a Time': Colin O'Donoghue Revisits Debut as Hook | TVLine

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I thought the system worked really well today. Defensively we were sound for most of the game and rarely at risk of conceding. Offensively we took up good positions, there was always a pass on but we failed to execute them. More down to individual mistakes and concentration than poor system imo.

Anyone else a bit worried about Barnes? Seems to really dwell on the ball atm and keeps missing really good opportunities to pass or cross. He’s a dangerous dribbler but even then he seems to do it too much and lose the ball too often. He also is cutting in too much imo and just shooting the ball at 3 defenders. He’s got quality, but it feels like lots of dangerous moves stop with him atm.

Think Barnes was just isolated today, every time he came in from the left there were 5 Utd players to beat and he had no support. Outside the goal, Nacho was criminally bad today, offered nothing up front and every time Barnes tried to play with him, Nacho passed the ball completely in the wrong direction. 

Edited by jim5000

no your just making stuff up now go and watch the video again. he knocks knees.. goes unbalanced.. then the 'foot sweep' then he goes down holding his knee why has he gone down holding his knee? is he a clown?

I have no idea why he held his knee, you realise you have not said anything here that I disagree with right? You're admitting the foot sweep. Which is what the foul was for. 
My initial thought was he held the knee because the foot sweet dragged him basically into the splits, I thought he had pulled his knee or something. The entire point of my argument though was that it was a foul because of the foot sweep. Which was nowhere near the ball. You've literally admitted that this happened.