Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

11 minutes ago, adam said:

I'm so pissed off with that var bollocks today. Its not the sport we loved growing up. Football has been ruined forever with this var rubbish. 

You must thank God VAR was n't around when Geoff Hurst's "Goal" stood...lol 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Had Man Utd scored that and the goal stood, many many of our fans would have moaned that our defender had his leg hooked and why on earth does VAR not get involved.

Yes probably 😂

But how can there be 2 entirely different approaches for the 2 main events of the game? If the mctom tackle was looked at forensically and led to a red, then you could understand the goal being chalked off, it seemed ridiculously lenient for the red card challenge and then ridiculously over the top for the goal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolcol said:

You must thank God VAR was n't around when Geoff Hurst's "Goal" stood...lol 

VAR wouldn't have been involved in that even if it had existed. Hawkeye decides if the ball is over the line and has virtually always got it right. 

The sky commentator did my head in with every corner bleating on about our dodgy corner defending. 

Unlucky not to have won, they were there for the taking.

Glad to see Evans and Fof back in defence. Onwards to Thu!

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Had Man Utd scored that and the goal stood, many many of our fans would have moaned that our defender had his leg hooked and why on earth does VAR not get involved.

Depends if he is a scapegoat or not, if Perez got his leg hooked I’d have hammered him.

I’m annoyed at him now just for imagining it. The prìck.

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 3

I hope United finish the season eight or ninth. They're so painfully average and even without Vardy, we should have beaten them. Poor, muddling team who should have lost today.

Went there to win trophies, did you Harry?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

I think I’m just caring less and less, we stuck it to the establishment and have peaked, for me now we’ll never surpass our previous glories. Just doesn’t feel the same anymore. 

Same, what was pleasing today was the animation from the players. OK, kicking off at the ref and appealing everything is not a hugely positive trait bit we have often been too nice and it's definitely cost us. If we are going to continue to see this blatant bias go on then I hope we react by being absolutely vile and causing as much damage and upset as possible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

cannot post this enough

image.thumb.png.feb63851b8bbd0bb3272a2c8cbbb51c8.png

Agree, I do like var it just needs to be consistent, one decision goes one way in one game and the same decision goes a different way in another. 😡 But I have to agree I preferred it before var.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Same, what was pleasing today was the animation from the players. OK, kicking off at the ref and appealing everything is not a hugely positive trait bit we have often been too nice and it's definitely cost us. If we are going to continue to see this blatant bias go on then I hope we react by being absolutely vile and causing as much damage and upset as possible. 

Yes I’m inclined to agree. It’s hard to say it, to think it.. but it’s lost it’s appeal. It’s the same shit, different day. 

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Seems clear to me. you can slow down the frames, their shins are touching, varane pushes him, as kelechi falls back he grabs his foot onto the leg of Varane and pulls it. The push does not cause the hook though, the hook is a response to the push. 

If you "slow down the frames", you'll see Kel was fouled first.