Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Unfortunately didn’t get the catch the game today but stayed as up to date as I could. Sounds like the first half was a bit of a snore, but we were much the better team in the second?

How was the defence compared to how we have played recently?

18 hours ago, Strokes said:

I don’t agree, that video is anything but clear.

18 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’ve watched it 40 or more times, I still disagree. You are right on one thing though, it is clear, just not in the way you think it is.

:wub:   <--- :facepalm:sorry strokes

Edited by turtmcfly
Had a mare here

That 1st half was dire and we edged it in terms of at least trying to play football. Manure really are pants nowadays a joke of a team and a club IMO.

2nd half it was thanks to our team for finally bringing some entertainment. This is a home game for manure and they look like they've all been on the

bender the night before!

I love big Dan but boy does he do stupid stuff sometimes when there is no pressure. Just wish he'd stop playing footsy with Kasper at the back.

Totally unnecessary and dangerous. Can't be too hard on Kasper's hand to keep the ball out it just fell lucky for Fred Flinstone.

McTomTom should have been off on a red and that apparent Rolls Royce they call Veran is caught doing the splits. Nothing wrong with Kellechi trying

to get to the ball which he did after several attempts. Can't believe VAR picks on that one incident to highlight just stupidly frustrating. It was a great

goal anyway poor madders can't claim it now. Our 1st goal was a thing of beauty too from start to finish. Should have smashed them today the jammy bas!@%$

oh and how does 5 min of Fergie time equate to 96 minutes and 40 seconds?? 

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

Unfortunately didn’t get the catch the game today but stayed as up to date as I could. Sounds like the first half was a bit of a snore, but we were much the better team in the second?

How was the defence compared to how we have played recently?

First half we were very passive but we were the only team trying to sy football. Second half we upped the tempo and should have won the game. 

The defence looked much more stuctured and well organised. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Why then VAR did not apply the same in relation to the disallowed goal? The ref made an on-field decision with clear sight in real-time, so why did VAR decide to intervene on that occasion? Clearly Man Utd bias. Feel more aggrieved now that we were robbed.

• Like 2

Also, the fact man utd are anywhere near the European spots is a disgrace to football.

They look like a pe teacher gathered all the best players and is trying to mould then into a cohesive unit. Shocking team, we let them off today being so passive

• Like 1

5 hours ago, erlee said:

image.png.14a0cd2c0c74cc86c67adcf9964d46a1.png

image.png.18166cc759888576e25244278262b7cd.png

I've said this when he was out injured, there's no doubt we miss his energy, but defensively, he's as terrible as when we bought him.

I've counted about 5 goals since his return that have either been directly because of him, or could have done better with, and that's before this one.

9 hours ago, sishades said:

Just seen a replay of the disallowed goal....veranda clearly pushes Kel out of the way, so why was this not picked up by VAR?

I think it comes down to VAR’s remit.

The only option they have is goal or no goal and if it’s no goal then it has to be a free kick to Man Utd.  If it had occurred in the box though VAR could have recommended a penalty.

Having said that I am 100% certain if it was at the other end they would have decided it was six of one and half a dozen of the other and the goal would stand.

McTimminay’s challenge in the first half is inexplicable though.  It will be interesting to see Dermot justify it tomorrow with that ridiculous “I know I’m talking bollöcks” smirk on his face.  Sky should get Mike Dean in for Ref Watch next year, I get the impression he would say it as he sees it because he is an actual fan not a PL yes man.

First game I've watched for a long time and thought we deserved to win by playing well.  We are starting to look like a team again, best defenders back and I wasn't hiding behind the sofa on corners, or not foaming at the mouth and behaving like a released asylum inmate during a full moon.

Edited by Le Renard

We did ok. Playing at Old Trafford is always going to be challenging - their fans, despite all the evidence to the contrary, still think their team is the best in the world and make a concomitant racket to prove it. Sadly for them they're a team of big names whose league position is based on moments where 'it' clicks.

Seasons end more than likely they'll be isolated in sixth - they've only lost seven but shipped more goals than Saints or Brighton. That was good business selling Slabhead off to them!

Evans makes a hell of a difference. I don't believe we'd have drawn had he been able to stay on. As for the McTominay foul, there wasn't enough evidence to red card him. I dislike the f****r but he caught Madders on the foot - anywhere further north, different decision maybe. Varane was preventing the ball being in play - looked like Nacho was trying to kick it back into play using Varane's leg. I think free kick to City for obstruction.

Tielemans ain't doing much at the moment is he? There's no big rumours about interest from a specific club - just the media trying to clickbait a move away from the KP. Albrighton would be a better pick atm.

I miss Thomas linking up with KDH and Barnes. I know Timmy is a wiser head and Thomas will get his chance soon enough, but he's a great passer and loves getting forward. We keep seeing flashes of Justin returning to his best.

Wes was good yesterday. He takes a lot of getting around and he was carrying the ball forward whenever the opportunity arose.

Madders - what can you say? Superb again. Work rate, dead ball utilisation, deceptive movement and threat - all there.

Mendy looked v. capable again. He's no Wilf and no Kante, but he's doing a good job. 

Disappointed we didn't win, yet not unhappy with a draw. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just watching motd. Chelsea had a goal disallowed by VAR against Brentford. They obviously didn't get the big team bias memo. 

That was because it fell into the clear and obvious category. At Old Trafford yesterday, Stockley Park chose one incident for their involvement and one incident not required. It was clear to most that either both incidents were clear and obvious, or neither. No consistancy yet again. Unconscious bias. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yes. Justin did ok defensively but this his fault. I was disappointed Ricardo did not play this game - I thought this is more of a game for Ricardo.

I think Amartey was mostly at fault for their goal.  First of all faffing about at the back, playing it back to Kasper, when he should have cleared his lines, then he just ball watches, and is drawn towards Fernandes when he already had Fofana engaging with him, and not once looking around and being aware of who or what was going on around him.  He almost cost us another goal too, when he slipped and the ball went straight to Sancho who should have scored. Armartey has done well for us this season, but his 30 minutes yesterday were very poor.  Clearly the Evans sub after 60 minutes was pre planned, but it also cost us the game. Evans stays on, on and we win the game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

I think it comes down to VAR’s remit.

The only option they have is goal or no goal and if it’s no goal then it has to be a free kick to Man Utd.  If it had occurred in the box though VAR could have recommended a penalty.

Having said that I am 100% certain if it was at the other end they would have decided it was six of one and half a dozen of the other and the goal would stand.

McTimminay’s challenge in the first half is inexplicable though.  It will be interesting to see Dermot justify it tomorrow with that ridiculous “I know I’m talking bollöcks” smirk on his face.  Sky should get Mike Dean in for Ref Watch next year, I get the impression he would say it as he sees it because he is an actual fan not a PL yes man.

Also, as said on match of the day, the referee is told to look at the screen, and is then presented with a freeze frame picture, followed by slow motion.  It should be showed at game speed.  Having said that, we all know if thats down the other end and Man Utd score it, VAR don`t even get involved. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

that is the softest goal I’ve seen us concede from open play for years. Shockingly bad defending, even for us 

Kasper's clearance didn't help matters. His distribution really does create us problems sometimes, which he counter balances by keeping us in games.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was ruling that goal out immediately wasn’t he? 

I didn't think so tbf to him. It clearly stuck in his throat but he did say the move and pressure deserved a goal... but when he realised it was going to VAR and saw some replay footage then, yes, he could have been more delighted to suggest it be disallowed.