Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

VAR gives us something to talk about I guess, not that I want to. We talk about the incident itself and VAR just adds a dimension.

For me, I no longer concern myself about VAR decisions. They've become part of the game, I accept them just as I would a ref's decision. Not to say I always agree with them but I just don't get wound up by them. 

I thought McTominey was worthy of red but I can't really call Nacho's challenge; I can see why it was given (courtesy of slow mo, and in isolation) but I'm not sure I agree, it was a mess of legs from all concerned. The minute one stops the footage and says 'make a decision' then, yes, it's always likely to get called out.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Look at the incident as a whole. Was Varane pushing Nacho? Was it really clear and obvious requiring VAR intervention? 

The game loses integrity if VAR picks and chooses which incidents to review. It's possible to find something wrong in most goals if you look hard enough from every angle, use slow-mo and stills. 

Michelle Oliver was on VAR he loves to try and dictate a game.

VAR needs investigating

The referee should be referred to the monitor where there has been a clear and obvious error made by him in the decision he has made he. In this case not awarding a foul against Iheanacho. This wasn’t a clear and obvious error as evidenced by the discussions on social media so we were robbed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

Kasper's clearance didn't help matters. His distribution really does create us problems sometimes, which he counter balances by keeping us in games.

Amartey’s pass, kasper’s clearance, the way we deal with the second ball, Kasper’s save, Justin’s positioning… it’s all just so avoidable.

look at how hard we had to work for our goal and then we gift wrap one for them 4 minutes later. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Just watched the highlights on sky. 
Could Tyler sound anymore depressed after Nacho scored? Twat. 

He was terrible. Almost willed Utd to score and when they didn't he was equally as disappointed as to when we did open the scoring. 

And referenced 'Ralfy time' which should immediately be a sackable offence. 

Just now, StanSP said:

He was terrible. Almost willed Utd to score and when they didn't he was equally as disappointed as to when we did open the scoring. 

And referenced 'Ralfy time' which should immediately be a sackable offence. 

He should of retired years ago. 
Hated his smugness in the Arsenal game saying it’s hardly the champions league quarter finals after referring to Europa conference. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Look at the incident as a whole. Was Varane pushing Nacho? Was it really clear and obvious requiring VAR intervention? 

The game loses integrity if VAR picks and chooses which incidents to review. It's possible to find something wrong in most goals if you look hard enough from every angle, use slow-mo and stills. 

Was it 2 seasons ago they gave a penalty for a less than clear cut foul by Soyuncu and didn't even consider VAR? 

Having slept on it, I’m still annoyed about the result and the VAR debacle, but I’m trying to frame it in a different way. We are disappointed with 4 points out of 6 from Man U, that’s how far we’ve come. This could be the start of a resurgence and we could easily make a charge for the top 6 now.

• Like 1

Looked again in terms of real time - it's just a scrap for the ball between Nacho and Varane - who comes off worst. Certainly no foul.

I also wondered whether McTominay saw an opportunity to nobble  Madders and make it look like a 50:50. He's a dirty player at heart, so he's more likely to look for a chance to get an unfair advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Yes - agreed. See my subsequent posts for a change of opinion. :)