Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

did anyone notice the Teilemans yellow card for a foul on Fernandes. The replay showed there was no contact Fernandes basically threw himself to the floor. Also the officials missed a corner from Barnes shot that went off from a Man U player.

It staggers me that such cheating is not punished retrospectively, as it would not alter the game played nor have impact on others except the cheater. I have no doubt we would fall foul to such a rule on occasion too, but it is a morally agreeable outcome assuming it was applied  with an even hand.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

did anyone notice the Teilemans yellow card for a foul on Fernandes. The replay showed there was no contact Fernandes basically threw himself to the floor. Also the officials missed a corner from Barnes shot that went off from a Man U player.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It staggers me that such cheating is not punished retrospectively, as it would not alter the game played nor have impact on others except the cheater. I have no doubt we would fall foul to such a rule on occasion too, but it is a morally agreeable outcome assuming it was applied  with an even hand.  

I was surprised it didn't even get mentioned by commentator or pundit after the replay. I guess it's a case of "We don't talk about Bruno".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shiv said:

I’ve reflected on the game and I am still as angry as I was yesterday with both decisions.

The McTominay challenge was a blatant red. Excessive force, no control of the challenge and could’ve done some serious damage. The fact that Michael Oliver was the ref who sent Ayoze off for something similar is even more farcical that he didn’t get the onfield ref to check it.

As for the foul. The first issue is, this is in no way a clear and obvious error. It has no bearing on the goal as Utd still have to make 2 challenges which they fail to do.

Secondly, if we’re going to call that a clear and obvious error, then the first foul is Varane’s push on Kelechi which throws him off balance and actually causes him to hook Varane’s leg.

The way I see it is, if McTominay gets sent off and the Madders goal stands then VAR is less of a talking point this weekend.

Shame really as we played very well. Bit sloppy in the final third in the 1st half but overall we were the much better side. Kelechi could’ve scored 2 more, Barnes also had 2 great chances and Fofana’s header was just a world class save from DDG.

Yeah I'd forgotten about the Perez one.

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

Hmm. Just looked at MoD. Nacho did hook Varane's leg. That was the first questionable move. Plus Tielemans tackle (and KDH's) to initiate the move were superb.

I watched it again on match of the day, what I noticed was Varane pushed Nacho away which caused the hooked leg.

It came back to basically what I thought at the time, a bit of a tangle, a 50/50, Nacho came away with it. No foul, or at worst, advantage to Leicester following Varane fouling Nacho.

• Like 4

In the final analysis, I thoroughly enjoyed our performance yesterday and I am feeling confident that we will have a good last two months. Get Vardy back and we will be buzzing.  BR in. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I watched it again on match of the day, what I noticed was Varane pushed Nacho away which caused the hooked leg.

It came back to basically what I thought at the time, a bit of a tangle, a 50/50, Nacho came away with it. No foul, or at worst, advantage to Leicester following Varane fouling Nacho.

That’s all very well - and a perfectly logical breakdown of events - but you forgot to factor in Big Club Bias.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I'll make a prediction that Dermot Gallagher will be on Sky sports Monday and he will agree with the yellow card and say VAR was right to disallow the goal.

His analysis of the incidents away at Brighton was the giveaway. 

The ex-ref is a stooge. No other explanation. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Look at the incident as a whole. Was Varane pushing Nacho? Was it really clear and obvious requiring VAR intervention? 

The game loses integrity if VAR picks and chooses which incidents to review. It's possible to find something wrong in most goals if you look hard enough from every angle, use slow-mo and stills. 

This is the key I think and why it's currently causing controversy. Seems odd that ours can get called a foul but if you win a corner that should have been a goal kick then a goal would stand. 

There was one the other week (can't remember the team) which had an offside in the build up play but was considered too long before the actual goal.

So subjective. So open to abuse.

13 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

I know it will annoy certainposters on here, but Mendy was superb. Wish Brendan had included him in the Europa squad 

I agree. I think he is best suited to the 433 formation we are playing now. When he is part of a 2 in a 4231 he struggles in the PL as he doesn't have the mobility to cover the ground in fast paced matches. But in a midfield 3 that's less important and we benefit from his calmness and efficiency on the ball. Why on earth we've included Hamza in the ECL squad instead of him is totally baffling. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I'll make a prediction that Dermot Gallagher will be on Sky sports Monday and he will agree with the yellow card and say VAR was right to disallow the goal.

Probably won't even mention the yellow/red card incident. They won't want to draw attention to United getting away with it.

• Like 1

The first half was dire, the second half was better. Not for the first game this season, VAR was not on our side. Still, they didn't get to score in the third minute of added to added time. The ref did try for them there.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Such a shame the Maddison goal was ruled out by VAR....the build up play of passing in minutes was suberb such lovely to watch

and a howler from Slabhead diving in and missing the ball as well!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Strokes said:

It was a different clip he was showing :dunno:

My bad. In my (poor) defence, 1.30am is stupidly late to be posting (so don't do it, knobber) and the videos were no longer visible by that time, so it was hard to follow the thread. Glad I chose that emoji, not something more, er, combatative. 

Have amended doh-riginal post

• Like 1

Not a lot to say really other than what’s been said already, great atmosphere both pre match and during. Not the best first half but massively improved 2nd. Would prefer two up front personally.. city massively unlucky not to come away with the points.

as with the goal if the roles were reversed then the away following would be screaming for it to be disallowed. 

Onto a massive game Thursday.. 

4 hours ago, shiv said:

I’ve reflected on the game and I am still as angry as I was yesterday with both decisions.

The McTominay challenge was a blatant red. Excessive force, no control of the challenge and could’ve done some serious damage. The fact that Michael Oliver was the ref who sent Ayoze off for something similar is even more farcical that he didn’t get the onfield ref to check it.

As for the foul. The first issue is, this is in no way a clear and obvious error. It has no bearing on the goal as Utd still have to make 2 challenges which they fail to do.

Secondly, if we’re going to call that a clear and obvious error, then the first foul is Varane’s push on Kelechi which throws him off balance and actually causes him to hook Varane’s leg.

The way I see it is, if McTominay gets sent off and the Madders goal stands then VAR is less of a talking point this weekend.

Shame really as we played very well. Bit sloppy in the final third in the 1st half but overall we were the much better side. Kelechi could’ve scored 2 more, Barnes also had 2 great chances and Fofana’s header was just a world class save from DDG.

COuldn't agree more - the first foul is on Iheanacho so the foul that followed on Varane doesn't matter. If you are looking at that properly you say, well its a foul on Kelechi and I missed that so what happens afterwards is irrelevant ie let the goal stand ffs

• Like 2