Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

13 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So you're going to completely ignore the fact that 2 fouls were committed? one by Varane and one by Kel? 
Push = Foul
Leg hook = Foul
Advantage cancelled. 
Free kick. 

You can't pick and choose which is okay and which is not an okay foul to suit you. 

At the point in time the push takes place Kel’s foot is extended trying to kick the ball.

push = foul

Result of foul is distortion of body shape, Kel’s foot follows his body and gets tangled with the defender’s foot.

foul not given, advantage played.

goal stands. 

Sky Sports reviewing the McTominay challenge and the panel (inc Dermot Gallagher) were in agreement that it should’ve been a red card. Slightly refreshing to see it being highlighted.

Also, all 4 were in agreement that Nacho fouled Varane. 

25 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Sky Sports reviewing the McTominay challenge and the panel (inc Dermot Gallagher) were in agreement that it should’ve been a red card. Slightly refreshing to see it being highlighted.

Well, that rather silences those that like to make the argument 'we all know what so and so will do/say/think'. Until the next time, when this evidence will be quietly ignored.

we looked like we had some of our old swagger in the second half...it looked like the restraints were off and we could win  by 2 or 3...their equaliser was a gift and a bit of a shock. overall though some good signs with and without the ball..just need a little more concentration and precision...we all know we are not 14 points worse than Man utd

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, that rather silences those that like to make the argument 'we all know what so and so will do/say/think'. Until the next time, when this evidence will be quietly ignored.

Not quite sure if that’s sarcasm or not.

I was just pointing out that the decision did make the MSM (albeit after a while). Criminal that it wasn’t shown/discussed on MOTD, I agree. 

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Have you thought about becoming a poet?

There once was a forum called foxestalk,
Where Leicester City football fans could squawk.
Since most of the time, their posts did not rhyme,
They were nothing but unartful orcs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Orange!? What? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

There once was a forum called foxestalk,
Where Leicester City football fans could squawk.
Since most of the time, their posts did not rhyme,
They were nothing but unartful orcs.

Poetry in motion....

48 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Really?! Says it all

Was odd I thought .

Particularly with your mate Gary on the show.

Maybe Alan Shearer thought it was ok - he is used to getting away with kicking people .

Man U will probably put in a complaint now about ex refs trying to get their players sent off .

• Like 1

You knew the instant the challenge happened it looked very bad.

Similar to Vardy's red against Wolves in 2018 and Perez at West Ham last August.

Had a red been issued United would have had few complaints. A yellow for that as way worse than disallowing Maddisons goal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Yet it wasn’t given but the goal was ruled out. The red that never was was so much clearer than the Nacho foul but for me there’s not a big enough deal made about this. Plus the fvcking stupid ref stopped us when Barnes was in an AMAZING position to hurt Man U on the counter from Maddison almost having his leg broke!

This ref performance needs to be slated, when you have 3 things going against you what chance do you have!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, without wishing to appear passively confrontational, my opinion is neither here nor there. I just don't really think I can ever claim that my opinion is ever fact, and nor can anyone else. I didn't much like the 2 major decisions that were made yesterday, but I think presuming it's due to overt corruption as a default position is a slippery slope. 

Happy to discuss the 2 incidents, but not really when the opposing POV is 'You're not looking at things right'.

I think I understand what you’re saying but it depends how deeply you want to break things down. I would be amazed if over 1% of people thought the McTom challenge wasn’t a straight red. I’ve spoken with Man Utd friends since the game and all of them have said it was a blatant red card.

Your comments about not really having an opinion because it doesn’t change anything is quite irrelevant, in that case you presumably don’t have any opinions about anything football related, as your opinion doesn’t and won’t change anything? Strange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

I think I understand what you’re saying but it depends how deeply you want to break things down. I would be amazed if over 1% of people thought the McTom challenge wasn’t a straight red. I’ve spoken with Man Utd friends since the game and all of them have said it was a blatant red card.

Your comments about not really having an opinion because it doesn’t change anything is quite irrelevant, in that case you presumably don’t have any opinions about anything football related, as your opinion doesn’t and won’t change anything? Strange.

My comment was made in context of you trying to claim your position was fact, in so many words. So all I'm trying to say is that it is disingenuous to try and pass an opinion off as fact.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

My comment was made in context of you trying to claim your position was fact, in so many words. So all I'm trying to say is that it is disingenuous to try and pass an opinion off as fact.

I think 99.9% of people would agree that the McTom foul was factually a red card. It’s literally incomprehensible how it could have been anything else.

I don’t claim this about all of my opinions btw, but the McTom challenge being a red card should have been a matter of fact, but for “some reason” it wasn’t …

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

I think 99.9% of people would agree that the McTom foul was factually a red card. It’s literally incomprehensible how it could have been anything else.

This is my point - that is just your opinion and not true in any way.

I'll leave this here before I somehow get 3 days for pedantry.

• Haha 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

This is my point - that is just your opinion and not true in any way.

I'll leave this here before I somehow get 3 days for pedantry.

If it was up to me I’d give you 3 months for pedantry. Regardless, it’s nice to share opinions on a public forum, pedantic or not.

15 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Thanks for sourcing this. I hope some of the VAR sceptics read it. It's interesting that it's only in football where it's viewed with such cynicism. Might make an interesting thesis for some student - 'VAR in football - its place in conspiracy theories'.