Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, lcfc old boy said:

so your giving kasper no blame for the goal

No.

It was a terrible ball back to him from Amartey, he can't do anything but chip it away. Even then it travels nearly to halfway. Nacho's on his heels and doesn't win it. The ball has to come back to our goal from 40+ yards away. Plenty of chance to clear it, get a foot in etc but just sloppy defending all round.

• Like 2

Disappointed we didn’t win, but it was the result of a completely shit call. 

But, its the forth game in a row we’ve come off the pitch the better team against Manure. 

We were never really second best at all, perhaps we’re just holding a bit back for the ECL?

All in all a good a point. 

Just now, iancognito said:

No.

It was a terrible ball back to him from Amartey, he can't do anything but chip it away. Even then it travels nearly to halfway. Nacho's on his heels and doesn't win it. The ball has to come back to our goal from 40+ yards away. Plenty of chance to clear it, get a foot in etc but just sloppy defending all round.

his save pushed it back in to a scoring position - he shoudl have pushed it wide.

I haven’t been so disappointed in a draw for a long time. We were the better team without playing to our potential. We should have beat them regardless and if we had been on form thumped them. An opportunity missed. I think we had an eye on Thursday which is understandable. I think we could have bought on cags against them as he has done well in the past and started castagne on the right and Justin on the left overlapping with barnes and KDH but otherwise the right starting eleven. Ah well onwards and upwards. 

1 minute ago, mikey_b said:

Don’t know what you guys are not seeing on the disallowed goal, clearly sweeps his leg away. You’d be furious if that wasn’t overturned at the other end of the pitch. 

The point is it doesn’t get checked if it was the other way… how about the mctominay chalenge? we were robbed simple 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

My only shock was VAR didn't go for the hat trick after the McTominay and Varane cock ups and award them a pen at the end. That was a clear foul by Elanga on Rashford, blatant pen.

I’m surprised Man U didn’t get the penalty lol I’m sure they were itching to find something to give it 

I think that you could have MAYBE given that as a soft foul. Maybe but three things then come to mind...

Was it an obvious error if it was soft? I don't even know rules when it comes to "clear and obvious" and I don't think they do either. 

It would NEVER be given the other way. Fact. If you want proof of that, look how the ref didn't even bother lookg at Mctominays clear red on maddison. 

The way Varane went down for that soft foul was pathetic and nothing less than cheating. Exactly the same as how ratface went down to get Youri booked when the replays show no contact was made. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Kasper Schmeical - 147(?) consecutive Premier League appearances

Martin Tyler every 5 minutes - YEAH BUT REMEMBER HIS DAD HE WAS GOOD WASNT HE…THE GOOD OLD DAYS… OH NO I THINK IVE LEFT THE OVEN ON… WHAT DAY IS IT?!? AND ITS LIVEEEEEE

They even got a mention of Harvey Barnes' dad and we weren't even playing Burnley lollol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mikey_b said:

Don’t know what you guys are not seeing on the disallowed goal, clearly sweeps his leg away. You’d be furious if that wasn’t overturned at the other end of the pitch. 

was just about to say this. In real time it looks harsh but if United bundled one in like that we'd have been screaming for the foul. We deserved the win and but for DeGea's fingertips we probably get it.

9th is probably as high as we can get, Villa are having a dip and that's where we should try and hold on to whilst putting everything into the Cup Winners Cup.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Thought the midfield 3 of Youri, KDH and Mendy were excellent, particularly in the second half.

Youri was poor I thought, KDH and Mendy were brilliant. I honestly don't think we will miss Youri next season. 2 from  Ndidi, Mendy, KDH can play behind Maddison who can actually play at his proper number 10 position, and buy a right winger.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

All the neutral fans are saying it wasn’t a foul by Nacho, super-slow-mo making it seem more than it was.

it was a 50/50 and Nacho was stronger.

livid with that call, we should have won

VAR made the decision already by showing it in such a way to allow the ref to disallow it. Shameful.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Youri was poor I thought, KDH and Mendy were brilliant. I honestly don't think we will miss Youri next season. 2 from  Ndidi, Mendy, KDH can play behind Maddison who can actually play at his proper number 10 position, and buy a right winger.

Tielemans doesn’t want to be here… should be looking to drop him to be honest, gets caught on the ball too often 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikey_b said:

The problem is they wouldn’t even look at it if that was us. That’s what people on here are most frustrated by