Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevejpos

GREATEST EVER....LCFC WINGERS

20 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

Mahrez is world class and in a league of his own but Lenny Glover was one of my idols as a kid - an old-fashioned winger who could dribble and skin a full back alive. What a player! I also appreciated 'Stringy' who, in the latter part of his career, got dog's abuse from fans but was seriously underrated. Honourable mention to Steve guppy - perhaps the best crosser of a ball ever to wear a Leicester shirt. Should have been rewarded with an England cap.

He was

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes..But somehow the individuals brought out some special moments...

O'Farrall  put Glover in midfield & he took a lot of kicking...und took him while to refind his stride

But to me Glover's & Weller's games were often better than the teams, Its Not through Misty bluetinted lenses of time, But at the time, I always said These 2

pulled the Team along & its unfortunate our midfield Couldnt take advantage...and often many said of both, they have to Cross the ball und be in the center to

head the ball...One reason Bloomfield often Moved Weller in the CF ,But he Couldnt be everywhere..!!

I Loved Wortho ,he deserved his England Call up, But he could Really have Quiet periods,whereas back then Glover & Weller Fought Losing battles & often

the consistent lights in our play. We played neat entertaining football, Played some Teams off the park, or went toe to toe with the Top teams

But just couldnt translate the Good Work into goals, often not failing in the last 3rd, But those very last yards..

WBA were the same...

I remember both Cloughie & Revie saying within weeks of each other,that Leicester have the Providers & finishers, But they are 2-4 players ( also Rofe& Whitworth)

But Not at the same time, because they come from the same source...They played nice Football got in behind us, But forgot there is a goal where the intention

is to see it end up in...Allison,Shankley said of Leicester under Bloomfield, a Team who in their Play should end up consistently in Top 6-8, But always find themselves struggling in Bottom 8..They cant find the end product.

Who knows where that team would have got with JV in the team. Bloomfield could never find the a good enough partner for Wortho, although Chris Garland was great for a short time. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Jackie Sinclair was a favorite of mine. He could ping balls on the Doogs head. There were some great Scots in our side in the late 60’s.  

Frank Mclintock, Bobby Roberts, David Gibson,  John Sjoberg, Ian King, Ian White, jimmy walsh, malcolm Manley, Jimmy Goodfellow to name but a few.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Frank Mclintock, Bobby Roberts, David Gibson,  John Sjoberg, Ian King, Ian White, jimmy walsh, malcolm Manley, Jimmy Goodfellow to name but a few.

Read an extract from Gordon Banks' autobiography last night and apparently Matt Gillies tried to sign Colin Bell, Martin Chivers and Francis Lee after selling Frank McClintock! Doubt that he meant all 3 but any one of them would have been amazing! Just below halfway down this:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=7lAccwoo_ZsC&pg=PP138&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false