Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Love it. 😂

“So no player will be sold on the cheap. And to that end, I've been told that privately, Leicester's bosses have found Newcastle's offers for Maddison verging on the offensive.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12669775/leicester-transfers-owners-investing-in-infrastructure-to-close-the-gap-on-the-big-six-in-the-long-term

Finally, in print, our situation explained. Let’s hope some of our fans take note. 

An excellent article, a different narrative to the easy one trotted out by too many. It certainly made me more aware and appreciative. 

The answer to all of those questions is 'no'. It's all part of an unwavering plan which, whilst unpalatable to many Leicester fans, is consistent with their long-term strategy.

Unpalatable to the manager too perhaps! Did he miss the meeting that day? 

Great article. Exactly what most thinking fans understood but good to see it laid out in black and white. Just a shame that the half wit pundits like mills & co and the gutter press journos  will still continue to stop the truth getting in the way of clickbait stories. It suits their agenda to peddle the line that we are skint and need a fire sale to stir up other clubs supporters, especially the entitled tw*ts from the greedy six.

ffp should be about levelling the playing field, but in reality is a cop out to the rich clubs, and until a flat salary cap is introduced ( which will never happen in respect of individuals, after players like jimmy hill fought so hard to abolish the maximum wage all those decades ago) will always favour those with massive incomes, which is perpetuated by the favouritism from The PL, euafa and the media.

There is no need for a super league, we already have pretty much a closed shop anyway now.

• Like 2

Well seeing as we aren’t likely to change our position on selling him, I would say any deal is pretty dead

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20617530.newcastle-united-magpies-put-james-maddison-interest-hold/

Newcastle United: Magpies put James Maddison interest on hold

NEWCASTLE UNITED will not be returning to the negotiating table over James Maddison unless Leicester City make a radical alteration to their current stance over the midfielder.

Newcastle made a sustained effort to sign Maddison at the start of this month, only to see two offers for the England international rejected by the hierarchy at the King Power Stadium.

The Magpies’ second bid for Maddison is understood to have been an offer of around £45m up front, with a further £5m of potential add-ons, but Leicester’s owners turned it down.

The Foxes are understood to regard £60m as a minimum starting point for discussions over the 25-year-old, who has just under two years of his current contract remaining.

Newcastle regard that valuation as too high, and are unwilling to take part in any further discussions unless they receive a firm indication that Leicester are ready to reduce it.

To further complicate matters, Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has publicly stated that he does not want to lose Maddison, who set up one of his side’s goals in their opening-day draw with Brentford last weekend.

While Newcastle’s recruitment team will continue to monitor the situation for the remainder of the transfer window, they have effectively drawn a line under their interest in Maddison and are in the process of moving on to alternative targets, with Eddie Howe still keen to make two more signings before the end of the month.

On 06/08/2022 at 12:21, davieG said:

Maddison, who is thought to be Eddie Howe’s priority target this summer, enjoyed a stellar 2021/22 campaign despite Leicester’s woes.

I guess finishing only three places above NUFC was rather a woe.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2022 at 12:26, Frank Large's Black Book said:

"Newcastle appear to have called off their chase for Maddison and are looking for a low-cost alternative to fix their attacking issues....."

Seems by the scoreline it ain't broken so doesn't need fixing

Perez?

“Foxes' owners are instead investing in training ground and stadium for long-term progress“

——————— 

It’s a very delicate balance. We need to invest in the team to maintain our PL status above all else. I don’t think our existing squad looks like one that should trouble the relegation places (assuming we don’t lose too many), but history is littered with teams, that have fallen, that were judged too good to go down. 

Signings freshen up the motivation of the existing players and avoid things going stale. Bringing just one player in that improved the starting eleven would actually be a better window than last summer. If we are going to play the long term game we really need to avoid lost windows where we waste money on expensive squad players. I hope we make that one signing that lifts the mood because that’s probably all we need 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Well seeing as we aren’t likely to change our position on selling him, I would say any deal is pretty dead

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20617530.newcastle-united-magpies-put-james-maddison-interest-hold/

Newcastle United: Magpies put James Maddison interest on hold

NEWCASTLE UNITED will not be returning to the negotiating table over James Maddison unless Leicester City make a radical alteration to their current stance over the midfielder.

Newcastle made a sustained effort to sign Maddison at the start of this month, only to see two offers for the England international rejected by the hierarchy at the King Power Stadium.

The Magpies’ second bid for Maddison is understood to have been an offer of around £45m up front, with a further £5m of potential add-ons, but Leicester’s owners turned it down.

The Foxes are understood to regard £60m as a minimum starting point for discussions over the 25-year-old, who has just under two years of his current contract remaining.

Newcastle regard that valuation as too high, and are unwilling to take part in any further discussions unless they receive a firm indication that Leicester are ready to reduce it.

To further complicate matters, Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has publicly stated that he does not want to lose Maddison, who set up one of his side’s goals in their opening-day draw with Brentford last weekend.

While Newcastle’s recruitment team will continue to monitor the situation for the remainder of the transfer window, they have effectively drawn a line under their interest in Maddison and are in the process of moving on to alternative targets, with Eddie Howe still keen to make two more signings before the end of the month.

We won't, now back to the market you belong in. Close thread. 

I feel we will have another season of Madders in top form then we may see him be the next one to move on, I sincerely hope not though 

He has a good attitude, seems alot older and wiser knowledge wise of football then his years, and I can only see him getting better and better 

I would love for him to be with us for the next 10 years or so, however with our model of selling a huge asset every summer, it appears that won't be the case 

Enjoy him for the time we have him, he's a player who we will miss hugely when he's gone 

26 minutes ago, copunk said:

I feel we will have another season of Madders in top form then we may see him be the next one to move on, I sincerely hope not though 

He has a good attitude, seems alot older and wiser knowledge wise of football then his years, and I can only see him getting better and better 

I would love for him to be with us for the next 10 years or so, however with our model of selling a huge asset every summer, it appears that won't be the case 

Enjoy him for the time we have him, he's a player who we will miss hugely when he's gone 

That’s why we need to be getting a new contract sorted pronto

• Like 2

Newcastle not prepared to meet Leicester's "...hefty price tag" or "...pay over the odds" for James Maddison.! They bid 45 million. What an insult! Clearly Saudi FC's dirty money has affected their judgment. In today's market, even with only 2 years left on his contract, Maddison is worth north of 60 million. Extend his contract and his value will go even higher. 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2022 at 12:59, moore_94 said:

Love it. 😂

“So no player will be sold on the cheap. And to that end, I've been told that privately, Leicester's bosses have found Newcastle's offers for Maddison verging on the offensive.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12669775/leicester-transfers-owners-investing-in-infrastructure-to-close-the-gap-on-the-big-six-in-the-long-term

Wonder who this private source is, its all written like we got this plan rolling but the club is not appealing to the state like they entitled on the stadium plans so their spending is effectively on hold there as well.

Good PR management article though.

On 11/08/2022 at 09:38, Jon the Hat said:

They have a good player after years of dross, you can't blame them for getting a bit excited about him.  

They have an alright upper mid table midfielder to go with their alright upper mid table winger. 

They act like he's the second coming of Xavi. 

A fit and on form Tielemans keeps him out of any team any day. 

• Like 1