Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think FFP will stop that in the case of Newcastle.

City got into the big 6 before FFP ****ed any challengers over, now the revenue of Newcastle can be nowhere near the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool ect, they simply dont have and cant easily generate the turn over. 

Are they going to be able to out wealth the masters, and out class with Eddie Howe? hes a good managers but not Pep levels!

You have far too much faith in FFP then. 

Saudi will find ways around any rules on transfers, similar to Man City. If you think the Premier League will stop them, then why didn't they stop the club being sold to Saudi, when it is clearly breaking the rules on state ownership. 

Look at what Saudi state owned clubs are doing now with taking players like Kante/Benzema/Neves etc to Saudi. 

I suspect that will continue over the summer, and a handful of these players will end up at Newcastle in the future on loan or for low fees.

Newcastle won't be stopped unfortunately. They will muscle their way in eventually. It may just take them a little longer than Man City. 

As for Eddie Howe, if he doesn't perform, he will be out, and their next Manager will likely be one of the biggest names around. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2023 at 14:16, An Sionnach said:

He is never going to replace the very similar Fernandez so he would be a bench option. No doubt a very well paid one but I think he wants to be a main man , which he would be at Spurs.

Plus he's a show off of the highest order so playing in Landan will be well cool 😎

• Like 1

I fell in love with Maddison’s ability when he bounced back from the whole covid partying story, he’s got some real quality to his game when he wants to prove something. 

However, due to the fact that he felt the need to call out Rob Tanner with his own idiotic tweet (which will now be his Leicester legacy), coupled with his lackadaisical play over the final 1/3 of the season, and his Bournemouth “assist”, and finally that terrible Everton penalty (dumb lad didn’t remember having a conversation with Pickford?!), I’m well beyond ready to move on from him and sell him off to the highest bidder so we can reset the club with young, skillful players who aren’t too big for their britches. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Said it before, will say it again, I like maddison, think he's been good for us, and we've been good for him, hope he does well for his new club, don't get the hate, I'll miss seeing his runs across the box and some of the free kicks he's converted 

Just think it’s because when we really needed him he didn’t really step up … even though he spoke about wanting to be the main man and wanting the pressure 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Said it before, will say it again, I like maddison, think he's been good for us, and we've been good for him, hope he does well for his new club, don't get the hate, I'll miss seeing his runs across the box and some of the free kicks he's converted 

I think once he's gone we'll all wish him well and thank him for his contribution. Part of the reason there's a bit of irritation/dislike at the moment is because of the way he called out Tanner. I'm no Tanner fan, but that tweet from Maddison looked silly at the time, and looks embarrassing now. He was too enamoured with Rodgers, it seems.

All the same, not Maddison's fault we got relegated—he was our best player this past season. He just didn't have much to work with, and ended up taking too much on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Just think it’s because when we really needed him he didn’t really step up … even though he spoke about wanting to be the main man and wanting the pressure 

I don't get this, he had an odd game where he went missing or made a mistake, but in the grand scheme of things, he was one of the better players this season

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think once he's gone we'll all wish him well and thank him for his contribution. Part of the reason there's a bit of irritation/dislike at the moment is because of the way he called out Tanner. I'm no Tanner fan, but that tweet from Maddison looked silly at the time, and looks embarrassing now. He was too enamoured with Rodgers, it seems.

All the same, not Maddison's fault we got relegated—he was our best player this past season. He just didn't have much to work with, and ended up taking too much on.

He's always attracted the most vitriol from our fans, but he seemed the most eloquent, the best ambassador for this club I've ever seen in a player, I've never heard any player call us a big club, he seemed to love the club, but when we had party gate, and we needed him playing against West ham, and Rodgers dropped him, our fans went full on hate for him, was weird.

He is a show off, uber confident, was probably best to keep quiet on social media at that time, but think his thoughts were reflective of the whole club at that time

• Like 3

I wish him well and think he's been excellent for us during his time here.

Scored some brilliant goals and created plenty for others.

He's made us a tidy profit,  unlike others, so I hope he does well and rinses Levy for a lucrative contract.

But because its Spurs , I hope he wins feck all.

Which will probably be the case😄

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Fks sake. 

I get dogs for having a pop at  Harry fckin Winks or Tete, yet Madders is fair game. 

I really don't get our support at times

I’m joking mate 😂 

Madders is the best 10 we’ve ever had imo

• Like 3

Just now, happy85 said:

40m upfront plus add ons

Presumed that might be the case. £40m plus an extra £10m when they win something would be good… I’m sure it won’t take them long.