Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

I agree with previous comments, I genuinely think James maddison loves this club, all his interviews he does you can see a genuine passion for the club. I think he likes being the main man and sets himself targets of goals and assists.

I remember when he won player of the season and he said he would have swapped it for a place in the ECL final, of course he wants personal success, his passion for winning the FA cup and community shield was immense.

I've said it before, he is top quality, we couldn't buy someone like him for any less than £80m, he needs to be our highest paid player. Our current ones are coming to the end of their careers, maddison has a long career ahead of him!

I can sort of see the appeal of the Newcastle project if you ignore where the money comes from.  However to lose Maddison a week before the start of the season would be a disaster, and as a result should only happen if it enables a whole raft of signings we are holding off on completing due to funds and if the offer is ridiculous.  I mean like 80+ million ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Man City seem to have no issue creating false sponsorship deals and getting away with it. Newcastle will have no trouble.

If it were that easy we would be sponsoring the toilet flush handles for £50 million a season and have no issue with ffp.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

The lad at sky and this bloke sicken me. They're club puppets.

It’s probably wise to forget all this “he loves the club” and “why would he move” talk, which doesn’t really hold credibility.

Also important to accept that buying clubs always make a low offer first. It’s not “embarrassing”, it’s sound procedure and helps unsettle the player. Buyers bid low, sellers demand high. The truth is a compromise.

Newcastle would only bid if they thought the player was interested and they would know that from talking with Maddison’s agent. 

Absolutely true though to suspect that Maddison and his agent will use this to bolster contract talks, so there is some potential good news.

Nevertheless, a move to Newcastle holds the prospect of a boost in wages, a huge signing-on fee, money for the agent and the chance of playing for a club with an arguably bigger media profile…..please note the word “media”.

A fee of £60 million, paid over 4-5 years depending on the contract signed, is realistic, given current trends. And no one can rule out the import of Rodgers having to sell first. It is a truism in football that other clubs are only interested in your best players, not the ones you want to discard.

More to run on this story, with a move likely not probable and the potential for Maddison to land a better contract.

6 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I like to think so, but not so sure with how they’re strengthening. And us, erm…

That's the point many here are missing. It's not just the opportunity to double his wages. It's that he's going to a club that will be buying in talent season after season. He knows that injuries can cut his career short too, so best to capitalise now when he can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FatDave said:

It’s probably wise to forget all this “he loves the club” and “why would he move” talk, which doesn’t really hold credibility.

Also important to accept that buying clubs always make a low offer first. It’s not “embarrassing”, it’s sound procedure and helps unsettle the player. Buyers bid low, sellers demand high. The truth is a compromise.

Newcastle would only bid if they thought the player was interested and they would know that from talking with Maddison’s agent. 

Absolutely true though to suspect that Maddison and his agent will use this to bolster contract talks, so there is some potential good news.

Nevertheless, a move to Newcastle holds the prospect of a boost in wages, a huge signing-on fee, money for the agent and the chance of playing for a club with an arguably bigger media profile…..please note the word “media”.

A fee of £60 million, paid over 4-5 years depending on the contract signed, is realistic, given current trends. And no one can rule out the import of Rodgers having to sell first. It is a truism in football that other clubs are only interested in your best players, not the ones you want to discard.

More to run on this story, with a move likely not probable and the potential for Maddison to land a better contract.

A boost in wages? He’s already on about £140k isn’t he? Bloody hell. And what use is £60m paid over 5 years good for us lol we lose our best player and don’t have enough to sign anyone, which is why we demanded £80m all upfront when we sold Maguire…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

It will be interesting to see. Personally I think the opportunity to be part of something huge from the start could be too much of a lure for him. I think Newcastle will finish top 8 possibly top 6 this season so it’s no different to our current level and the only direction is going to be up for him over there.

Newcastle are not finishing top 8 or 6….. at the moment they’re a Ferrari with a peugeot engine. Their side honks bar one or two decent players. 

• Like 2