Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's not good enough for them. 

Pep would get him working well for them.

Look at his stats when he's often played out of position in an average to poor side.. If you surround him with the quality they have he'd be incredible.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 2

On 12/06/2023 at 05:27, Sly said:

I had a Little chuckle to myself yesterday.

Ward-Prowse is apparently going to go for £50m, however Maddison is only £40m.

I know he has the extra two years on his contract, but does that make him worth £10m more than Maddison? 

God, imagine losing both Maddison and Tielemans for less than Southampton get for Mr Average. This really does exemplify the complete mess that the club has made in managing players' contracts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, don_danbury said:

they paid 100 mill for grealish and he's hardly been amazing since joining 

I think like Marhez, you have to give Pep a season with them to get them to see it his way. Personally I think Grealish is coming along nicely and England can only benefit from that. Maddison would have to quickly learn its about the team and not him!

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Pep would get him working well for them.

Look at his stats when he's often played out of position in an average to poor side.. If you surround him with the quality they have he'd be incredible.

It would rightly be Peps way or the highway. There is a better player in there admittedly. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I think like Marhez, you have to give Pep a season with them to get them to see it his way. Personally I think Grealish is coming along nicely and England can only benefit from that. Maddison would have to quickly learn its about the team and not him!

yeah but grealish will be in his third season this year.8 goals and 10 assists in two season for man city is pretty poor. maddison has pretty much got that in a relegated side in one season

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

yeah but grealish will be in his third season this year.8 goals and 10 assists in two season for man city is pretty poor. maddison has pretty much got that in a relegated side in one season

So he's essentially had two seasons then. Maddison just wouldn't get in that team at the moment, who would he replace?

He was on fire up until the plane left for the World Cup and piss poor since, largely because he treated it as the Maddison show, tried to beat all the opposition on the pitch and in the end did very little  ... apart from giving the ball away like Tubby Tielemans, another legend in his own head.

You know and I know Pep wouldn't stand for any of that. They just don't need him. They've already got better and would have the choice of better. Spurs or Newcastle is the best he'll get offered. 

He can mature more admittedly both as a player and an individual, but, it would need a Pep like manager to take him down a peg or two and let him know that he isn't anywhere near as good as he thinks he is at this point in time. In fairness to him, he's only been under the tutorlidge of Rodgers who bizarrely seems to have impressed him.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2023 at 16:43, StanSP said:

Newcastle in the Champions League. Spurs not in Europe at all next season. Best player about to leave. 

Newcastle's trajectory very much rocketing high. 

If Maddison can get a numbe 10 role at Spurs, playing with Kane week in week out, Southgate will 100% make him a regular for England

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think Maddison is just as good if not better than Grealish esp if he was in that Man City team

He'd slow things down dramatically l think or lose possession. He needs to release the ball a lot quicker than he does and more often. Jack appears to have learned this after a year and is now more of a team player whilst still capable of his individualism. He's also very strong compared to the lightweight Maddison. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Jimmy's achilles heel or should that be hip. Nobody will question his skill and brain just his bony body.

Absolutely, yet there are boney tiny individuals like Luka Modric that can control a game. His vision, wildness and skill are different level though. Tough little sod too!

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

can anyone explain to me why man u and liverpool would be entertaining 70-80m for mount when they could get mads for 50ish. 

If mount played for us, he would barely shine. 

Values or perceived values aside, they're totally different types of players, so different teams with different priorities will be after different players

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

can anyone explain to me why man u and liverpool would be entertaining 70-80m for mount when they could get mads for 50ish. 

If mount played for us, he would barely shine. 

If you believe this article, then we want £60m, and Newcastle won't budge above £40m. A record Championship fee of £45-50m with add-ons probably gets it done. Unfortunately, I think interested clubs can afford to wait us out on this one because we really need to get Maddison off the books and whatever fee we get will be crucial to our Championship prospects and the squad we can build. We'll have to blink first I reckon.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/14/newcastle-united-wont-exceed-certain-amount-for-james-maddison-purchase-door-opening-for-tottenham-to-sign-leicester-city-star/

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

Guest nathan.
33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Chelsea reject a 40m bid for Mount, who has 1 year left.

Chelsea are a premier league side with money to burn.

We have been relegated and are skint.

2 hours ago, nathan. said:

Id be amazed if an offer above £40m comes in.

I wouldn't.

2 hours ago, nathan. said:

Chelsea are a premier league side with money to burn.

We have been relegated and are skint.

Doesn't me we aren't going to try and get as much as we can.