Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Telegraph are reporting we want £60m .

They negotiating to sign Nicolo Barella (!) for £50m, so have less budget for Maddison. The article says "There is growing optimism they are edging close to reaching a compromise on the fee". It adds Tottenham are interested. 

A different  journalist - Dean Jones - was suggesting Maddison would prefer a move to Tottenham. 

I don't see us getting £60m. I think £50m would be a success, given he's just got 1-year left to go on his contract and we want to sell him. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

They negotiating to sign Nicolo Barella (!) for £50m, so have less budget for Maddison. The article says "There is growing optimism they are edging close to reaching a compromise on the fee". It adds Tottenham are interested. 

A different  journalist - Dean Jones - was suggesting Maddison would prefer a move to Tottenham. 

I don't see us getting £60m. I think £50m would be a success, given he's just got 1-year left to go on his contract and we want to sell him. 

45m + 5m add ons is my guess.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not meant for here I know but Barella is just different gravy, proper player. I've hoped a PL side would sign him for a while, he's class.

With Bernardo Silva and Riyad potentially on they’re way out, a move for Madders isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

Pep likes Foden on the right hand side, then sign Madders as the No.10… Madders would get 30 goal contributions minimum in that side I truthfully believe that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 87fox said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12198693/Tottenham-submit-50m-JOINT-bid-James-Maddison-Harvey-Barnes.html

"Tottenham have made their first big move of the transfer window and submitted a joint bid for Leicester's James Maddison and Harvey Barnes.

The club has tabled an offer of £50million for both of the players in the wake of Leicester's relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season. 

However, the Foxes are unlikely to accept the fee from the north London club, having previoulsy valued the players at a combined £120m."

What an embarrassing club Tottenham are, no respect for themselves

2 minutes ago, 87fox said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12198693/Tottenham-submit-50m-JOINT-bid-James-Maddison-Harvey-Barnes.html

"Tottenham have made their first big move of the transfer window and submitted a joint bid for Leicester's James Maddison and Harvey Barnes.

The club has tabled an offer of £50million for both of the players in the wake of Leicester's relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season. 

However, the Foxes are unlikely to accept the fee from the north London club, having previoulsy valued the players at a combined £120m."

They taking the piss?

1 minute ago, 87fox said:

50m for them both!? how fuching embarrassing  🤣

35 minutes ago, DezFox said:

If this is true it’s classic big 6 tactic of unsettling players. God I hate them. Such a low ball offer. 

Erm, but both are off anyway - so how are they being unsettled?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Erm, but both are off anyway - so how are they being unsettled?

They may want to leave but knowing the Lee has been a formal bid will only mean they push harder for a specific club instead of just wanting to leave in general. simple tactic.