Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

If there’s a shred of truth in the article then we are going to fall out with Maddison big time 

he will have to decide if he wants to spend the first half of next season in the championship or to move elsewhere this summer.  Will delay our plans significantly whatever the outcome. His partner expecting twins is not helpful either. 

my suspicion would be that spurs would go to £65m max - whether we would consider that workable or what the max offer is for madders on his own is unknown - £37.5m ??

could do with yanited or being keen as only they (chelsea, arsenal and Man City) could possibly force him to rethink his plans. Yanited would likely pay more. 

I think what is going to sting, is that the perfect player for Maresca, would have been Maddison. 

Imagine a well coached Maddison, playing total football, pulling all the strings with total football being played.  I would have loved to see his potential in a fully functioning fluid system,  but weve been almost stuck using him with the handbrake on under brendan. I wonder just how good he can really become. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/06/2023 at 21:27, Sly said:

I had a Little chuckle to myself yesterday.

Ward-Prowse is apparently going to go for £50m, however Maddison is only £40m.

I know he has the extra two years on his contract, but does that make him worth £10m more than Maddison? 

Fifty Million Pounds for player who is essentially only good when the ball isn't moving.. 

Yet media outlets and internet ITK's want to tell the world you'll get a player who scored 13 Premier League goals AND James Maddison for the same price :doh:.. Whatever brand of Spice these people are smoking (and I include Daniel Levy in that) is some high grade. They have lost their collective minds.

4 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Fifty Million Pounds for player who is essentially only good when the ball isn't moving.. 

Yet media outlets and internet ITK's want to tell the world you'll get a player who scored 13 Premier League goals AND James Maddison for the same price :doh:.. Whatever brand of Spice these people are smoking (and I include Daniel Levy in that) is some high grade. They have lost their collective minds.

Our problem is that we can’t play any kind of game on Maddison’s sale because we can’t keep him for another season 

Soton can say - play £50m or we keep JWP.  

they can bluff that they will sell him for £35m next summer if they fail to get promoted. It’s a stance that isn’t ridiculous 

we cannot take any stance other than we have to sell madders - theoretically we could take it to January and try to get £20m but even that looks like a position that holds little water 

we are in a hole on this if it’s spurs he wants because levy is just the worst person to have in the other corner  

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Better off using JM and letting him go on a free and hoping to get 40-50m after promotion for Barnes than accept that crappy offer.

if it is indeed genuine.

the only thing in our favour is we’ve allowed so many to go on a free that it isn’t an empty threat 

but he isn’t going to play in the championship with a euros at the end - I just don’t see our threat not to sell him having any credibility given our situation 

let’s hope he gets picked over the weekend and shines 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 87fox said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12198693/Tottenham-submit-50m-JOINT-bid-James-Maddison-Harvey-Barnes.html

"Tottenham have made their first big move of the transfer window and submitted a joint bid for Leicester's James Maddison and Harvey Barnes.

The club has tabled an offer of £50million for both of the players in the wake of Leicester's relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season. 

However, the Foxes are unlikely to accept the fee from the north London club, having previoulsy valued the players at a combined £120m."

Go back with a bid of £20 and a crunchie for kane and son see what they say about tht. They are a total waste of time hope they get relegated 

From the Telegraph:

“Tottenham Hotspur have denied making a £50 million joint bid for Maddison and Harvey Barnes, but the London club are interested in both players and would be open to allowing Harry Winks to join Leicester as part of any deal for either or both men.”

Just now, Finn Claw II said:

Barnes we can keep if necessary for another year or at least until Jan and there is interest other than Spurs for both.  

£70m min for the pair

I think we can get at least 45m/50m for Madders alone and Barnes will probably be staying unless a big offer comes in

12 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Barnes we can keep if necessary for another year or at least until Jan and there is interest other than Spurs for both.  

£70m min for the pair

There is absolutely zero chance Barnes stays. Zero. Less than zero actually. 

We need to bank a minimum of 100m.and probably nearer 120m to stay afloat. 

Selling Barnes and Maddison eats up a big chunk of that. If we don't, then it's a sqaud massacre of 8 or 9 leaving at 5m apeice

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There is absolutely zero chance Barnes stays. Zero. Less than zero actually. 

We need to bank a minimum of 100m.and probably nearer 120m to stay afloat. 

Selling Barnes and Maddison eats up a big chunk of that. If we don't, then it's a sqaud massacre of 8 or 9 leaving at 5m apeice

If we reduce the wage bill by 50% which is likely then we can free up 50m there I'm not sure if that is possible but that would mean only selling Madders for maximum value.

Leicester City total wage bill for 2023 is:

• £105,917,760 per year

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

From the Telegraph:

“Tottenham Hotspur have denied making a £50 million joint bid for Maddison and Harvey Barnes, but the London club are interested in both players and would be open to allowing Harry Winks to join Leicester as part of any deal for either or both men.”

We’d be open to allowing Ward and Vestergaard to join them as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Our problem is that we can’t play any kind of game on Maddison’s sale because we can’t keep him for another season 

Soton can say - play £50m or we keep JWP.  

they can bluff that they will sell him for £35m next summer if they fail to get promoted. It’s a stance that isn’t ridiculous 

we cannot take any stance other than we have to sell madders - theoretically we could take it to January and try to get £20m but even that looks like a position that holds little water 

we are in a hole on this if it’s spurs he wants because levy is just the worst person to have in the other corner  

IMO, if Maddison decides he ONLY  wants Spurs, we're better off taking the position that he gets us promoted (can't see him tossing it off all season due to England) and then walks for free. 25mil is an absolute disgrace and everyone knows it, even with relegation and the last year being a factor. 

I don't envision him doing that if the Newcastles of the world renew their interest and offer him a big bag of cash. If he is serious though re only Spurs, that may force their hand a little bit in either offering more money or completely ending their interest if they aren't willing to move from their frankly ridiculous valuation. To avoid a potential situation we pretty much need other teams interested besides Spurs, which as we move closer to the start of the season I think there will be a few if he is still here.