Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

How much is promotion worth? 100m? Keeping Maddison would massively enhance our chances of achieving that, so surely it would be better for the club to slap a silly price tag on him and risk losing him for free after promotion is (hopefully) achieved. I'd rather gamble and keep him, 100m is better then selling him for less than he is worth (60m) and decreasing our chances of promotion. It would also be amusing to watch Championship players get mauled every week by Maddison, Barnes and Iheanacho, all of which are far too good for the Championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, majaco said:

I am watching the England game.  I am reflecting on the nature of being a Leicester fan.  My emotional attachment to Maddison is over.

My attachment ended after THAT penalty miss against Everton... arrogance personified!! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just heard he is staying…does not want to leave with that Everton penalty miss,burning his conscience..

Southgate supports him even in Championship..

That's clearly nonsense!

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Just heard he is staying…does not want to leave with that Everton penalty miss,burning his conscience..

As gullible as I could be by this post, I do think it could be real.

-He loves being in the midlands, his home, near to Coventry and twins on the way.

-I think the only clubs he would consider based on the above are north London and Manchester, other then spurs I cannot see any other clubs based in those areas putting a bid in this summer 

-Southgate I feel picks Maddison over media and press pressure rather then because he rates him. As such madders playing championship football could (me being cynical here) give Southgate reasons to not select him. 

-contrary to others views I do feel Maddison will take responsibility for the penalty miss, and did genuinely feel gutted

-1 year left on contract, big pay increase at another club next year if we don’t go up

thats my logical possibly bonkers based views 

Edited by turkish14

6 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

-He loves being in the midlands, his home, near to Coventry and twins on the way.

-I think the only clubs he would consider based on the above are north London and Manchester, other then spurs I cannot see any other clubs based in those areas putting a bid in this summer 

-Southgate I feel picks Maddison over media and press pressure rather then because he rates him. As such madders playing championship football could (me being cynical here) give Southgate reasons to not select him. 

-contrary to others views I do feel Maddison will take responsibility for the penalty miss, and did genuinely feel gutted

-1 year left on contract, big pay increase at another club next year if we don’t go up

I heard that they’re removing the word gullible from the dictionary……..

5 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

If anybody thinks Maddison will give up millions of pounds to stay with us , stop kidding yourself. A season in the the championship at his age at this point in his career would be the hight of stupidity.

14 hours ago, 4everfox said:

How much is promotion worth? 100m? Keeping Maddison would massively enhance our chances of achieving that, so surely it would be better for the club to slap a silly price tag on him and risk losing him for free after promotion is (hopefully) achieved. I'd rather gamble and keep him, 100m is better then selling him for less than he is worth (60m) and decreasing our chances of promotion. It would also be amusing to watch Championship players get mauled every week by Maddison, Barnes and Iheanacho, all of which are far too good for the Championship.

Would rather sell Maddison and keep Barnes which is the more likely to happen.

While Maddison is a great player, I wouldn't want him in the Championship side even under Enzo.. plus we can prob get 45/60m for him

Actually I would have in the Championship but never happening and then we would lose the money as his contract is over next season.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

There is Euro 2024 coming up, I really can’t see him risking it to help us back up. Sure he would go to instant legend status at the club if he did decide to stay but it would actually impact his career in my view. I’m a funny way I think we might be better off getting the money for him now 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1