Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

There is Euro 2024 coming up, I really can’t see him risking it to help us back up. Sure he would go to instant legend status at the club if he did decide to stay but it would actually impact his career in my view. I’m a funny way I think we might be better off getting the money for him now 

Also, the club needs the funds. A sale would be better for the finances and I think that has to be on the mind of the club. I can't see him staying either. 

We have the potential to gain £100m from transfers. I wonder how many clubs that have been relegated would have been able to do that 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Genuinely can't believe I'm reading some people suggesting Maddison might stay or that we should keep him because he's under contract. Madness. 

Hes an asset that we can generate funds for. As is Barnes. Both are off. As will a number of others. 

I agree Maddison will be sold.

But saying this is very assuming we need funds. Nobody knows for sure what the financial situation is. If we sell Maddison for say 40m. How much do we spend to replace him. 10 , 20? How much profit after we pay Norwich their share is left.. we then end up with what I'll guess is a weaker number 10 for the promotion push.

I dont think it's madness to give an opinion he might stay. Its unlikely but who knows what discussions or plans the club have.

19 minutes ago, richard123 said:

But saying this is very assuming we need funds. Nobody knows for sure what the financial situation is. If we sell Maddison for say 40m. How much do we spend to replace him. 10 , 20? How much profit after we pay Norwich their share is left.. we then end up with what I'll guess is a weaker number 10 for the promotion push.

I dont think it's madness to give an opinion he might stay. Its unlikely but who knows what discussions or plans the club have.

OK, let's take finances out of the equation. Why would a player who has just got into the England squad, as an example, want to stay in the Championship? 

Like it or not, whoever we get will be a weaker number 10. On the whole our squad will reflect the level we are at. He's very much a player in demand.

So I'll stick to my guns and say its very much madness to suggest he's going to stay.

• Like 3

Would previously have been chuffed for him but genuinely felt no connection with the game on Friday. Still the frustration of if only he stepped up his game when it really counted. He's not gonna be here, might as well get it done with

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Need to get madders to saudi

they've just bid £47m for neves with a year on his contract - surely he won’t go there at 26 ? 

These kind of transfers really do show which players have genuine ambition within the game and which are just looking after their bank balance. I get it when they are at the twilight of their career but as you say, why would he do this at 26!

I did have to check the Neves news to see whether you were talking about the Middle East or North East though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

These kind of transfers really do show which players have genuine ambition within the game and which are just looking after their bank balance. I get it when they are at the twilight of their career but as you say, why would he do this at 26!

I did have to check the Neves news to see whether you were talking about the Middle East or North East though!

I guess he could stick a release clause of £30m in there and stay for two seasons?  Then his great grandkids are all sorted and he can have a four year deal at a CL club at 28 

21 hours ago, richard123 said:

Transfer fee is one thing but it's worth remembering salary and Madders is rumoured to be on £100k a week. Any replacement is likely to be on more like £30k so there's a saving of £70k a week as well.

I actually don’t think he played that badly against malta but … it was.. well, Malta.

The madness is that TAA is being touted as the new no.10 messiah because he had a decent game against… Malta lol

Tanner's done a reeeet fluff piece on Athletic. It's bang on, basically just KDB is better in prem at attacking midfielding.

We should be asking for 100mil minimum. Robs added a good ten twenty mil on with this article 👏👏👏

13 hours ago, MPH said:

I actually don’t think he played that badly against malta but … it was.. well, Malta.

The madness is that TAA is being touted as the new no.10 messiah because he had a decent game against… Malta lol

The funniest part is whats his face comparing TAA  to messi lol

As some have noted though Maddison is less effective against the top PL teams. He needs to show he can penetrate the best defenses . In truth he needs a midfield partner of similar quality and he definitely won't find that at Leicester.

• Like 1

Has he gone yet? Hope this does not hang around like a pickled onion flavored fart for the next two months.  Need him out PFQ so we can start our rebuild.