Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Apparently arsenal had a shortlist of mount havertz and maddison. Mount wasn’t interested in them and obviously now they are targeting havertz. 

Can’t comprehend how they could think 60m for him is better spent than 45 on maddison.  

Is it just my blue tinted specs? A  better player than both havertz and Mount imho

(i don’t think arsenal have a direct need for maddison btw… but I don’t think they have one for mount of havertz either) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Apparently arsenal had a shortlist of mount havertz and maddison. Mount wasn’t interested in them and obviously now they are targeting havertz. 

Can’t comprehend how they could think 60m for him is better spent than 45 on maddison.  

Is it just my blue tinted specs? A  better player than both havertz and Mount imho

(i don’t think arsenal have a direct need for maddison btw… but I don’t think they have one for mount of havertz either) 

Same position but very different players.

Maddison is very much an Odegaard similarity, whereas Havertz can play that role, a 10 and a 9. 

Havertz also proven at a much higher level, scoring the winner in the CL final. Whereas our Maddison does like to go missing in those games 

I wouldnt be surprised to see this one done before the weekend- im pretty sure agreement already in place and everything will break today/tomorrow so he can go on hols with the family before pre season- £50m plus add ons- expect to see him at a ground holding another shirt with that pathetic grin by end of day thursday- best wishes and lets get this rebuild started

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hopefully it gets all sorted quickly

Best for all parties concerned if Maddison gets sold quickly whether that be Newcastle or whoever. Absolutely brilliant player, sometimes I wonder what other fans see when they criticise him. Same with Mahrez here is his pomp, I'm convinced if a 25yo Messi played for us he'd have his critics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Best for all parties concerned if Maddison gets sold quickly whether that be Newcastle or whoever. Absolutely brilliant player, sometimes I wonder what other fans see when they criticise him. Same with Mahrez here is his pomp, I'm convinced if a 25yo Messi played for us he'd have his critics.

Mahrez produced his best when we needed it most. Harsh as it sounds, Maddison didn't. Simple as that really.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I get the feeling Madders isnt really feeling Newcastle. 

He has a young family and has recently done up his house. Travelling from Leicestershire to London is far easier than Newcastle. 

Do players really care? Whilst I appreciate they are still human, they aren't really troubled in the same way most of us are. With virtually an unlimited budget to buy homes, and teams of people paid to pander to their every whim. 

I'm sure there biggest concern is probably more to do with where their families are, visiting etc. But on £200,000k a week or so, it's an easily solvable problem if they really want to. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Incoming £25m bid in 17 instalments, with a take it or leave it. 

I know they might have to curb it a bit and circumstances are different because we're npower, but this is a club that had Everton over a barrell and still paid what, £50m for Anthony Gordon? 

Spurs will almost definitely test the water with a bid of monopoly money but Newcastle strike me as a club that will simply pay a price to get their targets in and get their house in order early doors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Do players really care? Whilst I appreciate they are still human, they aren't really troubled in the same way most of us are. With virtually an unlimited budget to buy homes, and teams of people paid to pander to their every whim. 

I'm sure there biggest concern is probably more to do with where their families are, visiting etc. But on £200,000k a week or so, it's an easily solvable problem if they really want to. 

Maybe not. However, I remember when he signed for us one (of I am sure many) contributing factors was being close to his family in Coventry. 

• Like 1

I imagine it will be £40million plus £5million in add-ons. 

I think that is fair value for both sides and hopefully can get done quickly. 

Newcastle is the best move for him. He will start every week and has a chance to prove himself in the Champions League. 

Spurs are going nowhere, per usual. 

• Like 1

He's in an interesting situation at the minute.

Ideally for him this either needs to be done and dusted in the next week or so, or things will get complicated.

Twins due imminently to add to his son already, so he's not going to want much upheaval on top of all that.

I don't think he or his partner are fussed by London, they always seem to hang out in Manchester in their downtime. As we know he likes being near family but both his options don't really match that. 

Just get the feeling this one could really drag out, to the point where he might play a game or two for us next season.

Might be completely wrong of course lol  

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He's in an interesting situation at the minute.

Ideally for him this either needs to be done and dusted in the next week or so, or things will get complicated.

Twins due imminently to add to his son already, so he's not going to want much upheaval on top of all that.

I don't think he or his partner are fussed by London, they always seem to hang out in Manchester in their downtime. As we know he likes being near family but both his options don't really match that. 

Just get the feeling this one could really drag out, to the point where he might play a game or two for us next season.

Might be completely wrong of course lol  

I just don’t want to get into a fofana situation again. If it drags on we should probably just keep him away from the squad 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The location doesnt affect the players a jot.

They have a luxury flat or hotel at the club of their choice and drivers/planes to whisk them back home when they want. Schmeichel used to have a custom made A Team style van to ferry him about. Ronaldo a private jet waiting to take him off to Morocco after games in Madrid to visit his boyfriend 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The location doesnt affect the players a jot.

They have a luxury flat or hotel at the club of their choice and drivers/planes to whisk them back home when they want. Schmeichel used to have a custom made A Team style van to ferry him about. Ronaldo a private jet waiting to take him off to Morocco after games in Madrid to visit his boyfriend 

He dotes on his little boy and has twins due

i couldn’t disagree with you more about how important location will be to him 

living away from his kids will not be attractive to him and travelling a big distance each day or two will not be attractive to his new club 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I know they might have to curb it a bit and circumstances are different because we're npower, but this is a club that had Everton over a barrell and still paid what, £50m for Anthony Gordon? 

Spurs will almost definitely test the water with a bid of monopoly money but Newcastle strike me as a club that will simply pay a price to get their targets in and get their house in order early doors.

60m will do