Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Couldn't disagree more if I tried. He'd walk in to almost any of the top 6 and prosper.

He's absolutely got the talent to be in a big 6 side, but what I doubt is the mental aspects. Does he have the fight, something i personally think he lacks and that ability to graft 

We really need to insist a deal is done quickly. We're terrible at brinksmanship and generally come out it worst.

I'd say to any club if you want him you've got till the 7th of July to agree a deal. We need players in quickly and we need guarantees of funds.

I liked Newcastle saying they want a deal either done or they're moving on in a week. All this wasting everyones time for a few million quid is ridiculous when clubs are happy to spunk a few million a year on cheersleaders/"3rd choice keepers"

• Like 3

The stick he gets feels quite unjust I won't lie 

9/10 over the last couple of seasons he has been the difference maker for us, and overall he has been not only an outstanding footballer, but a very good professional for us, no doubt he's going to be missed 

Sadly by some he will be remembered for that penalty miss, but deep down if we are all honest that is a miniscule part of what went wrong last season 

Get good money for him and wish him all the best 

I think it will be Newcastle for him, but you can tell he would rather go down to the big smoke and get the spurs move 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Madders is not top 6. Anyone with top 6 ambition is wasting their time.

Not sure if you go to games but if you do I can't fathom what you've said there at all.

He walks into more or less any side in the world for me.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So what happened the two seasons we finished 5th with him in the side lol 

I'll tell you what happened.

2019/20 - not a single goal or assist after New Year's Day. Nothing. Zilch.

2020/21 - not a single goal or assist after February 21st. Nothing. Two-thirds ot the square root of Sweet Fanny Adams.

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

2020/21 - not a single goal or assist after February 21st. Nothing. Two-thirds ot the square root of Sweet Fanny Adams.

I didn't realise the competition only ran for the second half of the season. Don't the league count the point from before Xmas lol

Edited by coolhandfox

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

he missed the last six games of 2020 with his hip injury 
It flared back up 21 feb 2021 at villa 

He played after 22 April but was not properly fit.  He adjusted his running style in the close season to help him cope 

I know where you’re coming from re his input in the final third of the covid seasons when the pressure was on but that hip issue  interfered with his output 

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The toys are being thrown out of the pram (allegedly). We're pricing him out of a move (allegedly).

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/21/reporter-reveals-frustration-in-james-maddison-camp-as-leicester-city-price-tag-keeps-newcastle-united-and-tottenham-at-bay/

Not sure it quite says that, just there is some frustration there. I can understand it but a deal will probs take a few weeks.

Ridiculous player, the flack from our fans really gets to me. Has given us so much, I won’t forget PSV away ever. Tried too hard if anything back end of this season. Noise regarding City sniffing about, Pep is a big admirer. I’m sure I saw something regarding them coming in for him this Jan ? I think one of pep’s staff wrote an article during the World Cup about how incredible he thinks he is. On his form earlier in the season he was the business. Hope he gets a bigger move than Spurs, him and Grealish at City would be something. 

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think you can question his mentality historically, but his talent is unquestionable and his mentality has noticeably changed since becoming a father it seems 

To easily pushed off the ball. Look how strong grealish is.  Imo he needed to bulk up his upper body strength.... but he hasn't 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Not sure if you go to games but if you do I can't fathom what you've said there at all.

He walks into more or less any side in the world for me.

Too light weight.  He is one of the best players we've ever had... but I am used to seeing him on his arse waving his hands at the ref.  Honestly, I dont see him starting for top top teams.  

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

To easily pushed off the ball. Look how strong grealish is.  Imo he needed to bulk up his upper body strength.... but he hasn't 

Bernardo Silva is a twig yet glides past players. Maddison turns out of positions he shouldn’t be able to due to how agile he is, being lean is key in maximising agility. Even Messi gets/ got bodied (Goretzka) sometimes it’s just part of the game

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

Plus, lack of physicality isn't such an issue when you are at a big 6 club, and the ref assist gets turned up to maximum. He'll win a lot more free kicks and penalties, especially with var getting out the special electron microscope they reserve to look for "contact" to give something to big 6 teams to avoid getting grief after a sky sports panel of ex big 6 players spends all half time and post game work themselves into a lather over how "hard done by" Man U/Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I didn't realise the competition only ran for the second half of the season. Don't the league count the point from before Xmas lol

The league runs all season.  Consistency is important; it's not only the games that Maddison plays well in.

Maddison is often brilliant.  Despite good spells in the season, i felt he didn't deliver after the World Cup.  We aren't going to be able to keep him anyway. We need to get asmuch as we can for him.

41 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The toys are being thrown out of the pram (allegedly). We're pricing him out of a move (allegedly).

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/21/reporter-reveals-frustration-in-james-maddison-camp-as-leicester-city-price-tag-keeps-newcastle-united-and-tottenham-at-bay/

Jordan getting caught out with his comparison to rice - West Ham have an optional year 

better to compare to mount where Man Utd have just offered £45m as a second bid. Mount is two years younger and Chelsea are still a PL club and don’t need the dosh like we do. 

Chances are they will sit it out until the season starts which will mean we will include him in the squad when we do not want to and then we will be more or less forced to come down. Its a buyers market we are now faced with.

Edited by An Sionnach

Chelsea want £65M for as well.

Maddison is a much better and much more effective player than Mount. That's been proven over the last couple of years.

Yes, we've been relegated, but we should be demanding £60M. There is enough interest in him for someone to pay it.

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Man Utd bidding 50m for Mount when we'd blatantly cave and sell them Maddison for that blows my mind. 

Objectively better player by almost every single metric other than being Southgate's pet. 

Where does Maddison fit in at Man Utd though? He's not getting in their team ahead of Fernandes. Mount isn't as good a player as Maddison but he's probably that bit more versatile in that he can play as a wide attacker as well as an 8 or a 10, and it's that extra versatility that probably means they are more interested in Mount than Maddison.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier