Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Too light weight.  He is one of the best players we've ever had... but I am used to seeing him on his arse waving his hands at the ref.  Honestly, I dont see him starting for top top teams.  

Thing is, those sort of antics will get you endless free kicks if you play for man city et al. so i don't think that will bother them at all.

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Man Utd bidding 50m for Mount when we'd blatantly cave and sell them Maddison for that blows my mind. 

Objectively better player by almost every single metric other than being Southgate's pet. 

Not to mention Maddison is a known boyhood man united fan.

22 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Where does Maddison fit in at Man Utd though? He's not getting in their team ahead of Fernandes. Mount isn't as good a player as Maddison but he's probably that bit more versatile in that he can play as a wide attacker as well as an 8 or a 10, and it's that extra versatility that probably means they are more interested in Mount than Maddison.

Maddison has played at 8, 10, out left, out wide and even appears alongside the striker at certain times in games - whatever maddison's limitations maybe, versatility is not one of them.

8 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Maddison has played at 8, 10, out left, out wide and even appears alongside the striker at certain times in games - whatever maddison's limitations maybe, versatility is not one of them.

Although technically he has played 'out wide' for us he still generally drifts back to the centre, where he does his best work. He's not a wide player. Never in a million years.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The toys are being thrown out of the pram (allegedly). We're pricing him out of a move (allegedly).

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/21/reporter-reveals-frustration-in-james-maddison-camp-as-leicester-city-price-tag-keeps-newcastle-united-and-tottenham-at-bay/

Aaahh, perhaps he would like to go **** himself. 

God I wish we could afford that. I'd make him play all season and let him go for nowt if

1 — we could afford it.

2 — I didn't fear he would be as shit as he was in the run in after being made captain. Hissy fits and twirly shit don't help avoid relegation and I'm not sure it wouldn't outweigh the good when it comes to promotion. 

Bottle job. Our best player, during our most bottle job years. Says it all imo. 

Talks well though so all is forgiven I guess. 

14 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Same as Tielemans imo. *When the chips were down*, they as our "best players" didn't even come close

Mooby Tubbimans looked to have had plenty of chips down last season. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Tonali is no scrub. 

true, remember we was linked with him at one point before he went Milan

but some of their fans are moaning about 50mil for madders, they already made a rod for their own back paying 45mil on Gordon and now this

cant have it both ways

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

they are moaning about £50mil for maddison

yet spend that much on someone who hasnt played in the prem

70m euros which is probably somewhere around £55-60m is a great ****ing deal for someone like Tonali. 

Newcastle are being smart here, the only reason they were able to pull it off was because the Milan board is even more inept than ours and sacked Maldini (a household name at the club for now 3 generations, just Paolo has 650 apps for them) and Massara now players are probably looking for a way out (even local boys like Tonali) because their club doesn't give a shit anymore. 

2 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

We should not accept any low ball offers when you look at the money being spent on players with inferior stats.

Maddison is worth more to us in contributing to getting us straight back up even if he ends up going for free at the end of the season. 

The only value we should accept is a realistic value that works for us in what we are trying to achieve

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wonder if Newcastle will now play the “Well **** me, we only paid 60m (+10m) for Tonali, so calm down with your 60m nonsense”.  :rolleyes:

And we'll play the, you've just paid 60m + £10m for Tonali, so fcukin pay up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

nah piss right off

they are moaning about £50mil for maddison

yet spend that much on someone who hasnt played in the prem

Tonali has the potential to be a world class player.

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

Thing is, those sort of antics will get you endless free kicks if you play for man city et al. so i don't think that will bother them at all.

Let's see if the come for hom then.  Spurs, villa or Brighton more likely 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I do wonder if Maddison's fitness issues are putting some off.

I think you’re very right. 

Maddison is very lightweight and lacks real stamina.

In FM terms none of his fitness, Stamina or strength would be above 11/20😂