Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

nah piss right off

they are moaning about £50mil for maddison

yet spend that much on someone who hasnt played in the prem

I’d be VERY surprised if Tonali left Milan for that mob. 

Sad state of affairs if he does. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Not sold any one yet have they? Sure they can probably sell dubravka or someone to Saudi league for 200 mil plus add ons 

I think wood’s loan to forest was made permanent which was approx 15m

there is talk of a couple others leaving

if they generate 40m in sales then that 75m available to spend becomes 115m 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think wood’s loan to forest was made permanent which was approx 15m

there is talk of a couple others leaving

if they generate 40m in sales then that 75m available to spend becomes 115m 

Fair enough . Hope everyone they want to buy from takes them for as much as they can. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd counteract that with Serie A not commanding the same £ as the PL, and Maddison playing in a position that the elite players cost more than those in Tonali's position.

Maddison is comfortably worth £45m even with a year left on his deal. It won't be difficult us getting that eventually. If Newcastle want to risk losing out on him then that's what will happen, the longer they muck about.

I agree. I've said all along that a Championship record fee of £45-50m gets it done.

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

nah piss right off

they are moaning about £50mil for maddison

yet spend that much on someone who hasnt played in the prem

We've got a bunch of players with this premier league experience. Why would you sign Tonali when you can bag big Dan Amartey or Dennis Praet with their experience?

2 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

We should not accept any low ball offers when you look at the money being spent on players with inferior stats.

Maddison is worth more to us in contributing to getting us straight back up even if he ends up going for free at the end of the season. 

whilst I agree with you, we stuck with this line with  Tielemans  and look where that ended up for us? An overweight unhappy players who ended up leaving for nothing..

you say he is worth more to us but there’s no saying he’d be up for the challenge of the championship or will stay injury free as you know he’ll be the prime kicking target for champ defenders. I don’t want someone playing for us who doesn’t want to be here. That will destroy club morale

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd counteract that with Serie A not commanding the same £ as the PL, and Maddison playing in a position that the elite players cost more than those in Tonali's position.

Maddison is comfortably worth £45m even with a year left on his deal. It won't be difficult us getting that eventually. If Newcastle want to risk losing out on him then that's what will happen, the longer they muck about.

He’s also homegrown! That on its own adds a lot of pennies onto a players value in the premier league.

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Chelsea rejected £50 million for Mount also with a year left on the contract should show the league, that us wanting £50+ isn't crazy 

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Chelsea rejected £50 million for Mount also with a year left on the contract should show the league, that us wanting £50+ is crazy

At this rate Jimmy will be on our bench until deadline day, can't play him , he might get injured. The club is in LA LA land. 27 this year , 40 million is a very good deal.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

At this rate Jimmy will be on our bench until deadline day, can't play him , he might get injured. The club is in LA LA land. 27 this year , 40 million is a very good deal.

What's the point putting him on the bench if you are not going to play him?? Play him against Liverpool and Spurs pre season an hope he puts on a good show

Edited by Beachyboy

15 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I agree. I've said all along that a Championship record fee of £45-50m gets it done.

It says Newcastle offered £45 million + £5 million  in add ons last summer, just offer the same and you get the player.

Edited by Beachyboy

You can talk about Tonali all you want. The baseline with Newcastle will be Gordon and £45 million fee. That we have Manchester United bidding a good sum for a player at Chelsea in the same position and contractural situation gives us a strong basis to ask for a good sum of dollar. 

• Like 2