Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

10 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

I don’t think we’re as low on funds as we are all possibly thinking, wage bill has decreased massively following the relegation and players walking away for free. Plus the sales of low end players to come will free up money in both transfer fees and wages. 

Add to that we bring in Maresca which will be on a lower pay check than the experienced managers. 

Madders will go but for upwards of £50m for a current international, it is the minimum we should expect, when a less productive Havertz is moving for the price he is I do think it’s possible.

So we run the risk of losing him for free if we play hard ball, we could see him here until at least January and we pick up £30-35m and still make a profit on the fee we paid, with possibly the team in a position where an Instant return to the premier league is in sight. If that was the case I wouldn’t be too fussed what we got for him.

Our wage bill is still about £100m though, we still need 5-6 sold and 8+ replacements on modest wages.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our wage bill is still about £100m though, we still need 5-6 sold and 8+ replacements on modest wages.

So let’s say we sold the below for roughly this sort of money;

Castagne £15m

Praet £5-7m

Ndidi £15-18m 

Soumare £10m

Nacho £30m

Barnes £40-45m

top line is £125m, before we’ve even looked at wages. So in some weird paradox Maddison could be a championship player! 🤣

Also reading the Newcastle fan pages online, they are saying they’re moving on from Maddison as it seems to be too much hassle to convince him to join and it’s more likely he will be a Spurs player 😂😂

There are players out there we could pick up for modest money, on loan or possibly even for free - Coady at £5-8m imo is a steal, I wouldn’t discount Harry Winks at less than £10m, Tom Davies is free, the Tanaka lad looks good as well. 

It’s all ifs, buts and maybes, to be honest in my head Maddison is gone, but I just think Leicester will think of Leicester and Maddison will just have to do what the rest did and be patient, Mahrez got his move, Maguire got his, Fofana got his, but we made sure we got our money. 

Edited by SB87_LCFC

Someone will come in. Personally I don’t think Spurs nor Newcastle appeal to Maddison. Newcastle were quite clear at the start of the summer that if we go for Maddison we want to feel he wants to come. Evidently he wasn’t very keen. I don’t think that is about the club but perhaps the city and moving there. 

Spurs are not the big move he would’ve anticipated or dreamt of when leaving Leicester. Don’t get me wrong, he’ll go there if they pay up but deep down he must want a big club to come in. 

If, miraculously he does stay. It would be great for us but he also needs to sign a short extension to buy us another year. If he stays and stays fit, we win the league with ease. 

33 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Castagne £15m

Praet £5-7m

Ndidi £15-18m 

Soumare £10m

Nacho £30m

Barnes £40-45m

top line is £125m, before we’ve even looked at wages. So in some weird paradox Maddison could be a championship player! 🤣

Also reading the Newcastle fan pages online, they are saying they’re moving on from Maddison as it seems to be too much hassle to convince him to join and it’s more likely he will be a Spurs player 😂😂

There are players out there we could pick up for modest money, on loan or possibly even for free - Coady at £5-8m imo is a steal, I wouldn’t discount Harry Winks at less than £10m, Tom Davies is free, the Tanaka lad looks good as well. 

It’s all ifs, buts and maybes, to be honest in my head Maddison is gone, but I just think Leicester will think of Leicester and Maddison will just have to do what the rest did and be patient, Mahrez got his move, Maguire got his, Fofana got his, but we made sure we got our money. 

Some of those are very optimistic. Knock £10m each off the Ndidi, Barnes and Nacho price tags.

Guest Kopfkino
5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We won’t drop the price. We’ve seen this before. We will want £50m at least for him and we won’t budge on that. 

Yeah we’ve seen it before where we had to drop the price with both Chilwell (reports of 70-80m became 50m) and Fofana (reports of 85m, ends up less than 70m)

Our income is going to fall to less than half what it was. A quarter of next season’s income is currently down for a loan repayment - to avoid that we either have to refinance on worse terms or the owners will have to refinance it themselves. We’ve got in the last set of accounts 40m of net transfer fees payable at this point - that’s probably increased since. 

We have very little leverage in this situation and it’s really a question of how long the club wants to delay what it wants to do in the market vs being able to do more. They won’t even want Maddison to stay - we might get away with keepin one of Maddison and Barnes so they’d almost certainly prefer it to be Barnes

29 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Castagne £15m

Praet £5-7m

Ndidi £15-18m 

Soumare £10m

Nacho £30m

Barnes £40-45m

All last summer people were on here going if we just sell these players for these random figures we’ll raise so much money and with it we’ll sign these for much less money and we’ll be geniuses. And guess what, it didn’t happen.

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Yeah we’ve seen it before where we had to drop the price with both Chilwell (reports of 70-80m became 50m) and Fofana (reports of 85m, ends up less than 70m)

Our income is going to fall to less than half what it was. A quarter of next season’s income is currently down for a loan repayment - to avoid that we either have to refinance on worse terms or the owners will have to refinance it themselves. We’ve got in the last set of accounts 40m of net transfer fees payable at this point - that’s probably increased since. 

We have very little leverage in this situation and it’s really a question of how long the club wants to delay what it wants to do in the market vs being able to do more. They won’t even want Maddison to stay - we might get away with keepin one of Maddison and Barnes so they’d almost certainly prefer it to be Barnes

All last summer people were on here going if we just sell these players for these random figures we’ll raise so much money and with it we’ll sign these for much less money and we’ll be geniuses. And guess what, it didn’t happen.

Maybe not but we can only speculate. As long as we have a side capable of challenging I’m sure we will all be happy 

48 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

...if they met our valuation then things would go much quicker!!!

They should start worrying when they meet our price and Maddison is still non-committal.

23 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

lol  Why on earth would he do that? 

He wouldn’t. The point is, if we did decide to dig in on the fee or he chose not to move on, we with drop the fee or he signs an extension. No way can we sit there and watch it just erode away. 

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

lol  Why on earth would he do that? 

Because if I was hoping for a move to a top clubs and Totteringham were the only one interested rather than then be tied into a 5 year contract with Daniel L I’d perhaps think about signing an extension and hoping someone else may be interested in a years time?

Probably cloud cuckoo land but who would want to sign for spuds? Talking to a  Charlton fan the other day and even he was taking the piss out of them and saying Maddison would be mad to go there if he wants to win something.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He wouldn’t. The point is, if we did decide to dig in on the fee or he chose not to move on, we with drop the fee or he signs an extension. No way can we sit there and watch it just erode away. 

We wouldn’t be in control to avoid that but madders won’t stay because of England - so he will move and it’s up to his people to get the fee to a level that we will accept. 

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Because if I was hoping for a move to a top clubs and Totteringham were the only one interested rather than then be tied into a 5 year contract with Daniel L I’d perhaps think about signing an extension and hoping someone else may be interested in a years time?

Probably cloud cuckoo land but who would want to sign for spuds? Talking to a  Charlton fan the other day and even he was taking the piss out of them and saying Maddison would be mad to go there if he wants to win something.

Are you for real? He's a free agent next year. He could take his pick of clubs.

Just now, st albans fox said:

We wouldn’t be in control to avoid that but madders won’t stay because of England - so he will move and it’s up to his people to get the fee to a level that we will accept. 

As the window goes on it’s difficult to know who will blink first. If he doesn’t go in the summer, do we let him go for £10/£15m in Jan  because we haven’t got the £50m.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Who would want to sign for spurs ?  Plenty - madders being one unless Chelsea or arsenal become interested (arsenal won’t re havertz) 

madders isn’t making a move to win trophies - he wants to cement his england place and earn 175/200k/week 

We've previous for vastly overprinting our players, especially those we no longer want and its culminated in us making howler after howler in the transfer window.

In the last 2 years we've signed just 5 first team players, one of those being Smithies and not been able to sell unwanted players either.

This is on Rudkin. Maddispn and Barnes are worth big money but I do wonder if our unreasonableness is coming back to haunt us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Are you for real? He's a free agent next year. He could take his pick of clubs.

Well he clearly can’t as they’re not queuing up for him right now.

ooh I’ll give Barca a call and tell them I’m signing for them.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

As the window goes on it’s difficult to know who will blink first. If he doesn’t go in the summer, do we let him go for £10/£15m in Jan  because we haven’t got the £50m.

He will go before this window shuts because he simply can’t stay here (neither the club nor player want this )

we may end up being screwed over on the price though (35m) if we can’t get a deal through before the season starts 

36 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Someone will come in. Personally I don’t think Spurs nor Newcastle appeal to Maddison. Newcastle were quite clear at the start of the summer that if we go for Maddison we want to feel he wants to come. Evidently he wasn’t very keen. I don’t think that is about the club but perhaps the city and moving there. 

Spurs are not the big move he would’ve anticipated or dreamt of when leaving Leicester. Don’t get me wrong, he’ll go there if they pay up but deep down he must want a big club to come in. 

If, miraculously he does stay. It would be great for us but he also needs to sign a short extension to buy us another year. If he stays and stays fit, we win the league with ease. 

Maddison is interested in spurs. His preferred choice is London. But he is allegedly warming to the idea of Newcastle. Especially as I’ve been told they’re planning on building a training ground near London in order to convince players to join. How true that is I don’t know. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Who would want to sign for spurs ?  Plenty - madders being one unless Chelsea or arsenal become interested (arsenal won’t re havertz) 

madders isn’t making a move to win trophies - he wants to cement his england place and earn 175/200k/week 

That’ll be helped by playing in Europe with Spurs next season will it?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've previous for vastly overprinting our players, especially those we no longer want and its culminated in us making howler after howler in the transfer window.

In the last 2 years we've signed just 5 first team players, one of those being Smithies and not been able to sell unwanted players either.

This is on Rudkin. Maddispn and Barnes are worth big money but I do wonder if our unreasonableness is coming back to haunt us.

Ideally we just need him off the wage bill, that’s the killer whatever money we get back in return is a bonus. He’s got a year left on his deal, no club will pay our asking price if they can just wait a year? 

It’s just a continuation of this ridiculous saga we’re in. There’s about a 25% chance he ends up staying I think, because we’re in danger of pricing him out of a move. However, I think he will go, but it won’t be until late in the window, and for potentially a reduced price. Farcical. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So you're saying nobody would be interested in signing James Maddison for no transfer fee. Good grief man.

I was talking about him signing for Spurs this summer not what his options are in a season. Nobody looks interested at the moment out the big clubs. They may not be falling over each other if he was on a free next season if he’s expecting 200k and they already have players in his position. 
He’s perhaps not rated as highly as we and he think he should be.

48 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He's just not good enough for a really big club.