Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

No need to “ work hard” just pay the asking price or something close to it , Levy, you tight c..t 

"We're offering you £25m. Sure, that's £35m below your asking price, but we promise you we worked really, really hard on this...."

I don’t know why we can be sniffy about Harry Winks. He’s only 27, can pass and get about the pitch and would improve our midfield this year and last. He was a regular at Spurs when they were better than they are now, if Pochetino could find a place for him I’m sure we can.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

I don’t know why we can be sniffy about Harry Winks. He’s only 27, can pass and get about the pitch and would improve our midfield this year and last. He was a regular at Spurs when they were better than they are now, if Pochetino could find a place for him I’m sure we can.

I’m not sure that he’s massively different to Dele Alli in that once decent spurs players start to decline their careers seem to turn to rat s**t in record time 

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I’m not sure that he’s massively different to Dele Alli in that once decent spurs players start to decline their careers seem to turn to rat s**t in record time 

Seems to be catching here too. Drinkwater...NDidi...maybe Tielemans?

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Can I have that Ferrari for £2k please?  I e worked really hard on this. 

Reminds me of a story I read in the newspaper many years ago.

Man goes into bookies with an accumulator on a football match.

0-0 correct score

Under 0.5 goals

No goalscorer

Draw

They obviously wouldn't let him have the bet because it's obvious contingency and he moaned he'd been working on this bet all week. :)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

agreement in principle between THFC and Madders but no bid, **** off Levy and get you're money out.

It's accepted practice, clubs usually only bid when everything is agreed. They don't want to get a bid accepted and then find out the player doesn't want to come or wants too much.

It's good for us that there is interest from more than one club, hopefully it will put the clubs off trying to drag this to a cliff edge with a paltry take it or leave it offer. I'm pretty sure the club know our hand is weak and ideally don't want to see him at Seagrave again, best for all concerned we get this done quick. £40m is par for me, we have to respect that we can't afford to have a staring contest whilst the clock is ticking. Barnes on the other hand we can afford to play that game.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Reminds me of a story I read in the newspaper many years ago.

Man goes into bookies with an accumulator on a football match.

0-0 correct score

Under 0.5 goals

No goalscorer

Draw

They obviously wouldn't let him have the bet because it's obvious contingency and he moaned he'd been working on this bet all week. :)

Similar to the Messi World Cup one I’d imagine. They were never going to pay out on the accumulated odds of each line.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Similar to the Messi World Cup one I’d imagine. They were never going to pay out on the accumulated odds of each line.

Was that Argentina to win and Messi Golden Ball?

If so that's certainly a related contingency.

What could be really handy now is for Man U to say we are turning our intentions to Maddison as Chelsea playing hardball over Mount, whether they want him or not as it will clear Mount for them as Chelsea flap but also stick a market valuation on Maddison

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Isn't this guy usually pretty unreliable? 

And personal terms means nothing, we've seen these rumours a number of times - Raya to spurs was at this point weeks ago

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Spurs are tight but they do occasionally waste money. Look at Richarlison as a recent example.

Especially with Newcastle, maybe a Man City if Silva goes, and maybe even a United if they fail to get Mount. They'll probably be able to be conned to pay more.

15 hours ago, SB87_LCFC said:

I don’t think we’re as low on funds as we are all possibly thinking, wage bill has decreased massively following the relegation and players walking away for free. Plus the sales of low end players to come will free up money in both transfer fees and wages. 

Add to that we bring in Maresca which will be on a lower pay check than the experienced managers. 

Madders will go but for upwards of £50m for a current international, it is the minimum we should expect, when a less productive Havertz is moving for the price he is I do think it’s possible.

So we run the risk of losing him for free if we play hard ball, we could see him here until at least January and we pick up £30-35m and still make a profit on the fee we paid, with possibly the team in a position where an Instant return to the premier league is in sight. If that was the case I wouldn’t be too fussed what we got for him.

We wouldn’t get anything for him in jan, we’d probably annoy him he wouldn’t move and would negotiate his exit for the summer on a free and collect the fee himself..

if we kept him we know we’d be losing his fee but would have a damn good player, we know he wouldn’t down tools because he’d be trying to get a euros place

33 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We wouldn’t get anything for him in jan, we’d probably annoy him he wouldn’t move and would negotiate his exit for the summer on a free and collect the fee himself..

if we kept him we know we’d be losing his fee but would have a damn good player, we know he wouldn’t down tools because he’d be trying to get a euros place

Southgate will not select Championship players. If he stays his international career would be suspended if not ended. I am pretty sure he will express his frustration in the media if we price him out of a move. Its in our interest to take a realistic fee for him and move on.

40 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

But look at how Youri's performance last season ended his  chance of a big move...

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Southgate will not select Championship players. If he stays his international career would be suspended if not ended. I am pretty sure he will express his frustration in the media if we price him out of a move. Its in our interest to take a realistic fee for him and move on.

I agree, but it sucks, a contract is a contract, but where have we heard that before