Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Just now, foxinsocks said:

But look at how Youri's performance last season ended his  chance of a big move...

I hope he goes, the risk isn’t worth it as far as I can see, but it’s the money men that know the truth, sure they’ll have done their calculations 

Maddison had 10 goals and  9 assists in the PL last season. Would you sell him now for £50-60m or keep him and lose him for free next summer

He'll get us promoted with 20 goals and 20 assists guaranteed. Unlike Tielemans,  Maddison actually performed the last 2 years when the team and manager were crap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Maddison had 10 goals and  9 assists in the PL last season. Would you sell him now for £50-60m or keep him and lose him for free next summer

He'll get us promoted with 20 goals and 20 assists guaranteed. Unlike Tielemans,  Maddison actually performed the last 2 years when the team and manager were crap.

It's not guaranteed.

He's an excellent player.   Sometimes he has little effect on games.

We are a championship club.  We're not keeping him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Please guys, a dose of realism is needed.

There is no chance Maddison plays for us in the championship - Zero. Its merely a question of how much money we can get.

Spurs will be hoping that Newcastle are pulling out now they have Tonali lined up, so they can string this out and get him for around 30 in August.

That however will risk a Man City/United/Chelsea swooping in. I still personally think he's off to Newcastle for around 40-45ish

It's very possible he'll play for us for at least a few games in the Championship. Barnes, too.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's very possible he'll play for us for at least a few games in the Championship. Barnes, too.

That could happen but we don't want it to. We need the money early to finance incomers and the longer it goes we are up against deadline day and the usual mayhem.

25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I hope he goes, the risk isn’t worth it as far as I can see, but it’s the money men that know the truth, sure they’ll have done their calculations 

I want him gone too.  Best offers by 1st july please.

His agent must be crap

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Let's face it his injury record and lack if upper body strength are putting clubs off.  Sad if spurs are his best option 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

His bournmouth assist and missed penalty made clubs wary 

How do you know this?

That england game cant have helped. 

If I was about to make a mega offer and saw him compared to saka and the others around him.. id be starting to question whether it would end up another maguire 

you could argue our last 4 big sales have all burnt clubs.... Drinky, chilwell, maguire, fofana... none of them have actually gone on to be as good as people thought.  Theres bound to be a few clubs concerned about players from us now. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

That england game cant have helped. 

If I was about to make a mega offer and saw him compared to saka and the others around him.. id be starting to question whether it would end up another maguire 

you could argue our last 4 big sales have all burnt clubs.... Drinky, chilwell, maguire, fofana... none of them have actually gone on to be as good as people thought.  Theres bound to be a few clubs concerned about players from us now. 

We have been helped by Lineker bigging up our players on MOTD. Maddison has regularly been singled out. Television highlights can be very selective. Madison's skill and intelligence is a given and highlighted. What they never talk about is his lack of physicality and pace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Please guys, a dose of realism is needed.

There is no chance Maddison plays for us in the championship - Zero. Its merely a question of how much money we can get.

Spurs will be hoping that Newcastle are pulling out now they have Tonali lined up, so they can string this out and get him for around 30 in August.

That however will risk a Man City/United/Chelsea swooping in. I still personally think he's off to Newcastle for around 40-45ish

Newcastle want him on the cheap too though. Given that Man Utd are willing to pay 50 plus million for Mount, I'm amazed they haven't gone for Maddison instead, who is far better than Mount in my opinion.  

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

I’m not sure that he’s massively different to Dele Alli in that once decent spurs players start to decline their careers seem to turn to rat s**t in record time 

Yeah maybe, but playing weekly in serieA has got to mean he’d be quality in the championship?

Newcastle are looking to bring in a few players. So far they know the only competition for Maddison is Spurs and that Levy will piss about trying to pay as little as possible. They don't need to prioritise this deal, they can let us sweat a little and then come in when we are in need of cash in a few weeks and get a deal done.

16 minutes ago, fkas said:

Newcastle are looking to bring in a few players. So far they know the only competition for Maddison is Spurs and that Levy will piss about trying to pay as little as possible. They don't need to prioritise this deal, they can let us sweat a little and then come in when we are in need of cash in a few weeks and get a deal done.

unfortunately this is what I see playing out.  I think Maddison will be desperate for champions league football and they will be able to come in at a lowish fee and get the deal done.  I can see us accepting 40m when all is said and done and thats a steal for someone of his ability. 

Edited by Lambert09

Didn’t Levy screw Villa about offering 25m for Grealish?  Yet he wants 100m for Kane who is 30 with 1 year left on his contract.  Levy and Fluffkin are a pair of Muppets.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

unfortunately this is what I see playing out.  I think Maddison will be desperate for champions league football and they will be able to come in at a lowish fee and get the deal done.  I can see us accepting 40m when all is said and done and thats a steal for someone of his ability. 

Yeah, I think the best we'll do is take the cash they offer and then try and tag on a player or a loan as Newcastle will have to lighten their squad numbers before next season. £40m and a player might have to do.

32 minutes ago, fkas said:

Yeah, I think the best we'll do is take the cash they offer and then try and tag on a player or a loan as Newcastle will have to lighten their squad numbers before next season. £40m and a player might have to do.

Elliott Anderson? 

• Like 2