Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

I've always thought Mount is overrated but I guess Ten Hag seems him as a very different player to Maddison. He's much less creative for a start but he's also a lot stronger and more dynamic - I suspect Man U see him as an 8 rather than a 10 and someone who can play the Eriksen role in their current set up. I know Maddison says that he can play as an 8 but in the PL he lacks the running power and physicality you need for the role. I'm not even sure where he'd fit in at Newcastle as they don't play with a 10 and I'm still unconvinced by Maddison as a wide player. 

With all the talk of Tonali going to Newcastle it will be interesting to see if they retain an interest in Madders or Spuds are the only game in town.

We could do with a bit of an auction to push up his fee. 

however I expect this potential transfer may drag and he will be at Seagrave well into preseason.

Tonali is a very different player to Maddison isn't he? They won't spunk 130 mill on two midfielders though. I think they know JM has his heart set on London, which will make our position weaker. Start him against Cov and let Spurs chuck a massive panic buy in

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Tonali is a very different player to Maddison isn't he? They won't spunk 130 mill on two midfielders though. I think they know JM has his heart set on London, which will make our position weaker. Start him against Cov and let Spurs chuck a massive panic buy in

That may be how it plays out but what does that mean for incomings?

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

If I'm honest, the situation needs to be sorted before the start of the season. Just so we can concentrate on the future and use the money where needed. 

Maddison quite clearly wants to go (no problem) and we would like the sale. So the sooner it's sorted, the sooner we can move on and sort out the mess we're in. I do not want this still being an issue and distraction come 6th August. 

• Like 1

Despite him being a good player I don’t want him starting the first game of its only for 1/2 games, means whoever replaces him won’t be bedded in and will take them few games to get into it etc. Get the deals done as early as poss for ones wanting out so we can build who’s gunna be here all season. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Koke said:

Maddison had 10 goals and  9 assists in the PL last season. Would you sell him now for £50-60m or keep him and lose him for free next summer

He'll get us promoted with 20 goals and 20 assists guaranteed. Unlike Tielemans,  Maddison actually performed the last 2 years when the team and manager were crap.

...sell him, promotion is neither guaranteed or gone with him in the team!!!

We offloaded Fofana at the right time, any recurrence of his (Maddison's) hip/back injury and he could be out for a period, we need to build a team from this base of players. We cannot afford to lose money on a player again, I would have taken £15m for Youri at Christmas when the Arsenal rumours were flying around.

20 hours ago, fkas said:

Newcastle are looking to bring in a few players. So far they know the only competition for Maddison is Spurs and that Levy will piss about trying to pay as little as possible. They don't need to prioritise this deal, they can let us sweat a little and then come in when we are in need of cash in a few weeks and get a deal done.

...not if Spurs is Maddison's preferred destination!!!

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a funny one as I've always pictured Maddison at Man Utd. However, I think I agree with you that I'm not sure he goes there and changes things, he'd have to rotate with Fernandes or play wide right which is a possibility I suppose.

I think looking at all the teams out there Spurs or Man City would benefit the most from him and yet neither are in the Champions League or even Europe next season 😂

...am I missing something here or is this sarcasm!!!

I have always pictured Maddison at United or Spurs, two clubs his personality seems to fit with. I did not envisage him being here for more than 6 months when he signed, as that would be all it took for United to see him perform in the league and whisk him away.

I saw him in his first home game and was surprised by his lack of pace and lack of quickness of thought. That may have been the reason teams did not beat down our door, but he has now improved his game, his final ball was not all it should have been, and he stopped jumping out of tackles and started to believe in himself more. His injuries, however, will become a concern for potential buyers.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...am I missing something here or is this sarcasm!!!

I have always pictured Maddison at United or Spurs, two clubs his personality seems to fit with. I did not envisage him being here for more than 6 months when he signed, as that would be all it took for United to see him perform in the league and whisk him away.

I saw him in his first home game and was surprised by his lack of pace and lack of quickness of thought. That may have been the reason teams did not beat down our door, but he has now improved his game, his final ball was not all it should have been, and he stopped jumping out of tackles and started to believe in himself more. His injuries, however, will become a concern for potential buyers.

Complete brain fart, that was meant to say Spurs and Chelsea.

• Haha 1

Guest BlueBrett

Weird situation this one. I don't really see anyone giving us 'fair value' for him and surely anything less than 50 mill would be too much of a pisstake to entertain. Can't believe i'm even suggesting this but is it possible he doesn't actually end up going?

3 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I'm guessing Madison is on holiday now so speculation may die off a bit whilst he ponders his options. Total speculation on my behalf of cause but just my two cents. 

Yeah - away with KDH

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

With all the talk of Tonali going to Newcastle it will be interesting to see if they retain an interest in Madders or Spuds are the only game in town.

We could do with a bit of an auction to push up his fee. 

however I expect this potential transfer may drag and he will be at Seagrave well into preseason.

This is exactly why, in previous transfer dealings with other clubs, it's always wise to keep the discussions cordial. 

Take the Fofana deal last year. When we eventually relented, maybe a quiet word and a handshake with Chelsea to agree that one day we may need a favour to help bolster the price of another asset. 

One of my own mantras in business when negotiating is 'always lose' ....it's amazing how many favours you then pick up from the client you have 'lost to' in subsequent dealings. 

45 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Weird situation this one. I don't really see anyone giving us 'fair value' for him and surely anything less than 50 mill would be too much of a pisstake to entertain. Can't believe i'm even suggesting this but is it possible he doesn't actually end up going?

I thought this a while back after what happened with Tielemans, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we started the season with Maddison and Barnes, a couple of loans and no permanent signings.

I suppose it almost guarantees our promotion if nothing else.

9 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I thought this a while back after what happened with Tielemans, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we started the season with Maddison and Barnes, a couple of loans and no permanent signings.

I suppose it almost guarantees our promotion if nothing else.

We could start the season with these guys but they could still leave before the window closes in September. 

4 hours ago, ronnup said:

Lmfao. Good one.

Bid of £13.2346 million incoming in 4 installments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Levy will offer £41 million. I honestly can't see Spurs paying what we're asking, not unless they've reached deadline day without getting anyone.

Which isn't good for anyone.