Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

This top 7 thing is such a joke. With respect, a team who’s main strikers are Callum Wilson & Chris wood are not getting anywhere close to 7th. Also, they’ve not shown (neither has Eddie Howe) rhat they are capable of being consistent enough to finish in the European places. 

Where were Manchester City before they were bought by their present owners?...

You're living in cloud cookoo land if you honestly think Newcastle won't be a top 4 club in the next few years!!

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Perhaps because we value his importance to the team? I imagine you'd say to your employer "Thanks for the offer of more money, and I'm glad you appreciate all the hard work I've put in and how well I've performed. But come on you don't need to offer me anymore cash, I'm happy to honour my old contract on my lower wage"

I honestly don’t know how your mind works. And with the usual sense of foreboding, I’ll bite,,

I believe Maddison is one of the club’s biggest earners on allegedly 110k  week. That’s as his base salary. Add ons etc possibly take that up considerably.  That’s a lot of money for a club the size of Leicester. Nearly Half a million pounds per month. And it’s until 2024.
So, given everything we’ve been reading over the summer about the club not having a pot to piss in, resulting in us making no signings at all AND seemingly finding it impossible to sell our rubbish on (like Amartey), you’d now look to enter negotiations with Maddison to INCREASE his salary still further on the back of another club making a bid for him, allegedly, possibly driven to some extent by his agent.

The….mind….. boggles….

How’s this for a novel idea. DONT give him anymore money, don’t accept any offers and get him playing the football he’s being paid to play? He seems happy enough?…..

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Would you change jobs if you were offered a 100% pay rise?

If I already earned an absolute fortune, was a very rich man and was happy where I was?  No, I personally would not. 

It's not really the same thing as someone earning 50k a year doubling their wage.

Don't get me wrong there are some grasping b@stards in football but I hope it's not the only consideration for every player.  

• Like 1

It looks like multiple sources are saying the bid has happened. In reality, it’s multiple sources reporting from a single source, so that reduces the likelihood slightly.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I honestly don’t know how your mind works. And with the usual sense of foreboding, I’ll bite,,

I believe Maddison is one of the club’s biggest earners on allegedly 110k  week. That’s as his base salary. Add ons etc possibly take that up considerably.  That’s a lot of money for a club the size of Leicester. Nearly Half a million pounds per month. And it’s until 2024.
So, given everything we’ve been reading over the summer about the club not having a pot to piss in, resulting in us making no signings at all AND seemingly finding it impossible to sell our rubbish on (like Amartey), you’d now look to enter negotiations with Maddison to INCREASE his salary still further on the back of another club making a bid for him, allegedly, possibly driven to some extent by his agent.

The….mind….. boggles….

How’s this for a novel idea. DONT give him anymore money, don’t accept any offers and get him playing the football he’s being paid to play? He seems happy enough?…..

He “seems” happy enough.

Newcastle wouldn’t bid unless they knew the player was interested.

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

If I already earned an absolute fortune, was a very rich man and was happy where I was?  No, I personally would not. 

It's not really the same thing as someone earning 50k a year doubling their wage.

Don't get me wrong there are some grasping b@stards in football but I hope it's not the only consideration for every player.  

Short career...I think the money is paramount!

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Easy to say until it’s offered to you. 

I believe he’s on 120k here? If Newcastle came in with 200k a week that’s a hell

of a big jump in earnings over a 5 year contract 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I believe he’s on 120k here? If Newcastle came in with 200k a week that’s a hell

He wants to push for that elusive England call-up, he's not gonna be able to do that at Newcastle when he's surrounded by championship players like Wood, Shelvey, Schär, Willock, Lascelles etc. .

Money wont change that

Edited by MadsEmil
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevosevic said:

And are Newcastle really going to smash their wage structure to sign Maddison? Would need a bid of £70m minimum. £200k a week for 5 years in £50m in wages. Plus any sign on fee, agent fees etc. Wouldn't be far off £150m for the full package. Highly unlikely 

Just now, MadsEmil said:

He wants to push for that elusive England call-up, he's not gonna be able to do that at Newcastle when he's surrounded by championship players like Wood, Shelvey, Schär, Willock, Lascelles etc

He'll have a better profile at Newcastle unfortunately.

I bet if he moved to Newcastle he'd be in the next England squad.

2 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Realistically, this season, Newcastle are hoping to finish above us. So trying to destabilise us makes sense...

They did this with Burnley and Chris wood. Now with a club like Newcastle I’d start by doubling anything and then some, they want to get to the top make them pay by silly premiums it’s the English market after all. 

The big six he’ll want those moves personally, especially with England (Southgate will pick him then) and possibly his off field career in mind, the North East is not near the bright lights of the big smoke. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Not at all. I'm not obssessed with money.  120k a week is obscene.  Would do me fine thanks.  

There may be other considerations - ambition of the club, trophies etc but an extra 80k on top of an already massive wage?  To move to Newcastle.  No thanks.  

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Short career...I think the money is paramount!

They earn more in one year than most people do in a lifetime.  

You're probably right it's a major consideration for many but I still cling on to the eternal hope that for some it's not everything.  

I'm sure Vardy could have made more money moving away from City.  He didn't.  

Edit - probably wishes he had moved now he's getting rinsed thanks to his missus 😂

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Haha 1

Just now, matty98 said:

Will probably take them at least 5 years to be able to compete for Champions League football, Maddison will be 30 by then...

And utterly loaded. I know he isn’t going, but it’s too easy to dismiss Newcastle because they’re Newcastle. 

• Like 1

Well now it makes sense why the story of a new contract came out.

I don't buy the stories of him wanting a move at all. Two years ago it was Man Utd and their sources saying he'd want the move, last year it was Arsenal's sources saying he's desperate for a move there (when it later came out it was merely Arsenal's intermediaries feeding the press that story to convince their own board). 

No point in entertaining the rumours, his best shot at blowing Southgate away is by playing in the environment he's gotten used to and where he's now finally found himself.

• Like 1