Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know swap deals are notoriously rare but if we are on about going to 3-4-1-2 / 3-4-3 then Spurs would definitely be open to £25m + Sessegnon and Spence I reckon.

This would be deal of the summer in all four divisions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I reckon it values madders around £65/70m ! 

However it brings in players in an area we aren’t really short (wing back )  so it doesn’t really help (unless we can bring in more than we effectively lay out by selling Ricky and JJ - can’t see that ) 

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know swap deals are notoriously rare but if we are on about going to 3-4-1-2 / 3-4-3 then Spurs would definitely be open to £25m + Sessegnon and Spence I reckon.

Think that is not a great deal for Spurs tbh, but would snap their hand off if it was offered!

18 hours ago, Corky said:

Tottenham are the most likely to drag this out, annoyingly.

Levy will drag this out with low bids at the same time planting stories in the press to cause issues with the player, club and fans. 

He will offer something too close to deadline day and the offer will be spread across many years with many add ons. They did that with Berahino a few seasons back.  

It should be simple for a business man but Top has shown to be lacking in mettle. 

Maddison, you’ll get your move for this price, cash only by x date. Tell your agent to stop messing around with the press and clubs.  If not by x date you will be playing in the championship and get your move for free next season. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I reckon it values madders around £65/70m ! 

However it brings in players in an area we aren’t really short (wing back )  so it doesn’t really help (unless we can bring in more than we effectively lay out by selling Ricky and JJ - can’t see that ) 

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think that is not a great deal for Spurs tbh, but would snap their hand off if it was offered!

I'd pitch it at about £55m as Spence has to be considered a poor signing on their part so lucky to recoup £15m. Sessegnon similar price, has he done enough to recoup what they paid for him? Maybe £20m and those two is more realistic.

I think Castagne and one of Justin or Ricardo is going anyway so Spence fills that spot. Sessegnon at this level was an absolute beast at left wing, so we could quite easily play a wing back system or 4-3-3 with him. I'm leaving towards Kristiansen being a LCB in a back 3 anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd pitch it at about £55m as Spence has to be considered a poor signing on their part so lucky to recoup £15m. Sessegnon similar price, has he done enough to recoup what they paid for him? Maybe £20m and those two is more realistic.

I think Castagne and one of Justin or Ricardo is going anyway so Spence fills that spot. Sessegnon at this level was an absolute beast at left wing, so we could quite easily play a wing back system or 4-3-3 with him. I'm leaving towards Kristiansen being a LCB in a back 3 anyway.

Maybe on the valuations although i thought Spence did ok at Rennes.  Sessengon is a punt for someone 

VK looks way too aggressive to play in a back three atm. Fofana was similarly impulsive but he seemed to judge his forward interceptions well (on the most part). It’s an experience thing moving from full back to CB and VK doesn’t have it as yet 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Levy will drag this out with low bids at the same time planting stories in the press to cause issues with the player, club and fans. 

He will offer something too close to deadline day and the offer will be spread across many years with many add ons. They did that with Berahino a few seasons back.  

It should be simple for a business man but Top has shown to be lacking in mettle. 

Maddison, you’ll get your move for this price, cash only by x date. Tell your agent to stop messing around with the press and clubs.  If not by x date you will be playing in the championship and get your move for free next season. 

They paid £50m + £10m in add ons for Richarlison on 1st July last year. There's hope it doesn't drag on.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We should be all over this. Quality players, need a good manager and solve a number of problems for us too. 

• Like 1

I get Mount and Maddison are fundamentally not the same type of player but surely if United are thinking about offering over £60m for Mount then they might as well just offer us somewhere over £50m and wrap it up

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I get Mount and Maddison are fundamentally not the same type of player but surely if United are thinking about offering over £60m for Mount then they might as well just offer us somewhere over £50m and wrap it up

He is never going to replace the very similar Fernandez so he would be a bench option. No doubt a very well paid one but I think he wants to be a main man , which he would be at Spurs.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not convinced Sessegnon would want to drop back down.. if he would, I’d be well up for that..

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There's plenty of their players we can take, but would they come here?? Spence is he needed? We have JJ and Ricky at the moment with JJ nailed on for that position all season. Sessegnon played a fair bit last year doubt he would play in the championship. Harry winks and £50m would be ok.

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is never going to replace the very similar Fernandez so he would be a bench option. No doubt a very well paid one but I think he wants to be a main man , which he would be at Spurs.

Plus he's a show off of the highest order so playing in Landan will be well cool 😎

We've probably got an ideal figure, a realistic figure and an absolute minimum figure where even keeping an unhappy, expensive player on the books would be preferable to the long term damage accepting a fee below this would do for us long term. 

We just have to wait for another club to pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Exactly the play we need.

Be open with the various agents representing the saleable players we have and admit we need to raise, say, 80m in funds - whether be 8 players x 10m or 1 player x 80m. As soon as that figure is reached, your respective client will be playing in the championship next season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Percy has even got his age wrong , so take it with a truck load of salt.

He’s quoting the Percy news story of the first bid from Newcastle last summer.

Think he means he’d take £40m now.

• Like 1