Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t worry about it. He’ll be going this summer. 

He will yes and we will get 50m - what’s with everyone thinking we will allow players to go for cheaper - nonsense 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Here's where I disagree. Things go wrong all the time, if we end up keeping him because Spurs didn't want to meet our demands then that's fine. We go into the season with Maddison.

If you get the player on board and say "this is what we'll accept but we need a decision by a certain date" then any half reasonable person will shake hands and say fair enough.

You can bet the players agent will be doing his level best to get the deal over the line asap then.

Even if you have the player 100% on board, that still isn't going to make Levy open his wallet if he doesn't want to pay the money, likewise Newcastle. I agree, I'm sure his agent will want to get a deal over the line but again, he too will carry little influence on someone like Levy whose been round the block so many times. The only time things would change is if Levy or anyone else genuinely fears they're imminently going to get gazumped by a rival. To be fair it's best he goes asap because apart from busting a gut to be on the plane for the World Cup, his interest and commitment have clearly gone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Even if you have the player 100% on board, that still isn't going to make Levy open his wallet if he doesn't want to pay the money, likewise Newcastle. I agree, I'm sure his agent will want to get a deal over the line but again, he too will carry little influence on someone like Levy whose been round the block so many times. The only time things would change is if Levy or anyone else genuinely fears they're imminently going to get gazumped by a rival. To be fair it's best he goes asap because apart from busting a gut to be on the plane for the World Cup, his interest and commitment have clearly gone. 

It's not so much the price...I think we should have a lower amount we're willing to accept and that's it. My main concern is the timing, if we let Levy drag it out all summer we'll regret it massively and come out losers. If we said  £45 million will get the deal done if offered before 7th July. We know where we stand financially and can do out business.

For me it's much better we know whether we will have Madders next season or not as early as possible and then we can work around that. If we let Levy take the p*** then we'll likely be the only losers in that scenario.

Fully understand where you're coming from though. It is easy for me to say this in theory, it's generally how I like to operate in life though. I like decisions made early and love a good cut off point :D

• Like 3

If Man City come in for him, Spurs and Newcastle are basically out of it.

I also imagine that we would be amenable to negotiating a lower fee with Man City if they were to throw in a few players as part of the deal - Maresca will surely have his eye on 2-3 City academy products.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’ll end up at Man City now they’ve lost Gundogan. 

Hes good, but I’m not so sure he’s Man City good…( needs to have an injury free season to be fully match fit/sharp)

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Hes good, but I’m not so sure he’s Man City good…( needs to have an injury free season to be fully match fit/sharp)

I just don't think his body is capable of meeting Pep's demands. Not to be any kind of regular anyway.

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I just don't think his body is capable of meeting Pep's demands. Not to be any kind of regular anyway.

pep is all action and I don’t think Maddison has the hips for that any more!

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

It's not so much the price...I think we should have a lower amount we're willing to accept and that's it. My main concern is the timing, if we let Levy drag it out all summer we'll regret it massively and come out losers. If we said  £45 million will get the deal done if offered before 7th July. We know where we stand financially and can do out business.

For me it's much better we know whether we will have Madders next season or not as early as possible and then we can work around that. If we let Levy take the p*** then we'll likely be the only losers in that scenario.

Fully understand where you're coming from though. It is easy for me to say this in theory, it's generally how I like to operate in life though. I like decisions made early and love a good cut off point :D

Suits everyone to get it done soon I agree and estimates of 55-60 by some people, just imo, are way off due to our circumstances. I think like you, if 45m was offered in the circumstances it's best got done. Like if we sell Barnes, we'll not necessarily get the price we think he's worth, but it's the price you sadly have to pay due to relegation and total mismanagement at all levels. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Percy speaks

Tottenham are prepared to pay an initial £40 million and want to strike a compromise which will include add-ons and further instalments.

Depending on the add ons and instalments it’s probably not far off what we’re after

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Eddie Howe is a bit of a snakey guy so you can imagine they will come in last minute and pay the asking price.

You do know that it isn't Eddie Howe pulling all the strings/strategy for Newcastle, right? 🤣

• Like 2

This needs sorting quickly. pretty sure we are waiting to see how much money we can bring in and wages offloaded before we can do any serious business of our own and time is not really on our side with so many players to replace.

18 minutes ago, reynard said:

This needs sorting quickly. pretty sure we are waiting to see how much money we can bring in and wages offloaded before we can do any serious business of our own and time is not really on our side with so many players to replace.

🙄