Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Sickened by the number of shit 6 fans I've seen saying Spurs shouldn't bid a penny over 30m because we're relegated and Madders only has a year left. 

On one hand I would really want Madders so show them next season how wrong they are about him and his value, on the other that would likely mean Spurs being successful 

• Like 1

£40m up front

£5/7.5/10m add ons if they qualify for the respective European cups next year

£5m if he wins a trophy for Spurs lol

£2.5m if he's selected for the Euros

Feels like that would be a fair deal for us - enough cash up front to do something useful with now, a likely £7.5m+ by next summer, and gets him off our books pretty quickly (you'd hope...).

Also leaves the door open for a flat £50m from Newcastle/ManCity to snipe the deal.

Don't think we can realistically expect any more than £50m this summer, and anything less than £40m would be disappointing, so hopefully we're somewhere in the middle and negotiating the structure rather than the value of the deal...

19 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Sickened by the number of shit 6 fans I've seen saying Spurs shouldn't bid a penny over 30m because we're relegated and Madders only has a year left. 

On one hand I would really want Madders so show them next season how wrong they are about him and his value, on the other that would likely mean Spurs being successful 

If Maddison leaves here on a free next season it won't be to Spurs so they shouldn't concern themselves with it.

I doubt anyone on this forum rates Maddison as highly as me but £40m is the least amount that I would be happy with, anything over that is bonus money as although all things being equal that is an absolute bargain for whoever buys him we need to get the Maddison deal done ASAP. If what Percy says is true then you would think Spurs want him before pre season training rather than drag this out.

If talks are at an advanced stage it also might flush out another buyer who will pay nearer our valuation.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Xen said:

£40m up front

£5/7.5/10m add ons if they qualify for the respective European cups next year

£5m if he wins a trophy for Spurs lol

£2.5m if he's selected for the Euros

Feels like that would be a fair deal for us - enough cash up front to do something useful with now, a likely £7.5m+ by next summer, and gets him off our books pretty quickly (you'd hope...).

Also leaves the door open for a flat £50m from Newcastle/ManCity to snipe the deal.

Don't think we can realistically expect any more than £50m this summer, and anything less than £40m would be disappointing, so hopefully we're somewhere in the middle and negotiating the structure rather than the value of the deal...

an extra 2.5m and they can borrow our trophy cabinet for a season

• Haha 3

Guest Mee-9

🚨🚨

We want 60m. They will start bidding at 40m. We’ll meet in the middle and Madders becomes another profit. 

3 hours ago, indierich06 said:

If Man City come in for him, Spurs and Newcastle are basically out of it.

I also imagine that we would be amenable to negotiating a lower fee with Man City if they were to throw in a few players as part of the deal - Maresca will surely have his eye on 2-3 City academy products.

Now we're talking. 

56 minutes ago, Corky said:

Didn't Maddison do a tweet when he was about 15 saying how much he hated Tottenham? 

Might want to get that deleted soon.

Rubbish, play like that and he'll be absolutely fine.

• Haha 1

Reckon the likes of Sky, BT and talkSPORT get their 'sources' via Twitter gossip - quite genuinely.

Have noticed this trend when some random person with a decent following posts 'breaking news'.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

settling for Spurs who've just had one of their worst seasons in the last decade

well at least he'll cherish the FA Cup he won with us seeing how that's likely gonna be the only trophy he'll ever win in club football

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

settling for Spurs who've just had one of their worst seasons in the last decade

well at least he'll cherish the FA Cup he won with us seeing how that's likely gonna be the only trophy he'll ever win in club football

... Hope so!! 

I'll laugh my balls off if he ends up at The Spuds!! 

• Sad 1