Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

last week you said Man City would never come in for him?

I still don't think they will, I don't think he's good enough and I don't see how he fits in? However, who knows? My point was that if they did, it would most probably be the best financial scenario for us. 

• Like 1

Pretty good chance that Maddison's only trophy in his playing career will be with Leicester - which is hilarious. 

I'm glad he's agreed personal terms with them - I can't see the club being too stubborn as we definitely need to start our rebuild this week, so anything from 40 million with some add ons should seal it. 

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He going to find tough at Newcastle, they play direct fast football and are after a higher calibre of player now.

Best for him if he goes to Spurs....it's his level now in the EPL 

That's how I see it too exactly. Some think I'm anti Maddison but I'm not really albeit I don't think the fight or dedication to the cause was there after the World Cup,  but he was hardly alone on that. Many of the best teams like Manchester City and Liverpool play a fast moving passing brand of football, even Newcastle now play in a particular way and already have a decent midfield. 

Maddison, though very talented in many ways and he is creative, tends to dwell on the ball at times often appearing to try and do too much. At times it has the appearance of him thinking it's all about him. Sometimes though I just wonder whether he just doesn't see the quick passes or opportunities that are on. Certainly to someone like Pep, it's about team performance first and individualism second. I too think that Spurs, playing wise, tends to suit him the best. However, I still don't see them getting anywhere, particularly if Kane leaves.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

This idiot not left yet? Can not wait to see the back of him been on holiday since the World Cup! His comments on socials and to the media and his general attitude has stopped him going to a top club get as much as we can and get him gone 

:schlupp:

15 hours ago, indierich06 said:

If Man City come in for him, Spurs and Newcastle are basically out of it.

I also imagine that we would be amenable to negotiating a lower fee with Man City if they were to throw in a few players as part of the deal - Maresca will surely have his eye on 2-3 City academy products.

...if the players preference is Spurs, then he can refuse to be transferred to Newcastle or Man. City!!!

Bit like Tielemans in some ways in that he flirted with being a Man City calibre player but has showed some flaws that probably make it unlikely. Hugely talented though and probably only behind Mahrez in terms of technical ability of players we've had in recent memory. He provided some of the rare moments of enjoyment last season and if everyone else had contributed as much as him we wouldn't have got relegated.

Be sad to see him go, and shame he won't add to his medals if he goes to Spurs but I wish him all the best.

17 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Bit like Tielemans in some ways in that he flirted with being a Man City calibre player but has showed some flaws that probably make it unlikely. Hugely talented though and probably only behind Mahrez in terms of technical ability of players we've had in recent memory. He provided some of the rare moments of enjoyment last season and if everyone else had contributed as much as him we wouldn't have got relegated.

Be sad to see him go, and shame he won't add to his medals if he goes to Spurs but I wish him all the best.

Bournmouth back pass.. missed villa pen

Maddison going to Tottenham such an anti climax considering at one point, he was being linked up with a move to Newcastle and chance to play champions league football for the lad. Even with though i'll say this with a pinch of salt, Tottenham is a huge club to play for. I'd say that moment with the uncertainty of Kane staying and weak manager at the elm. He could find himself at a club struggling to get top ten. 

I can imagine he's hoping Man City may come in an hijack the deal like they trying to do with Declan Rice.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Maddison going to Tottenham such an anti climax considering at one point, he was being linked up with a move to Newcastle and chance to play champions league football for the lad. Even with though i'll say this with a pinch of salt, Tottenham is a huge club to play for. I'd say that moment with the uncertainty of Kane staying and weak manager at the elm. He could find himself at a club struggling to get top ten. 

Weak manager -  How do you arrive at that ?

• Like 1

I dont understand the hate for madders really. Fair enough he wasn’t that good in the final run in and is clearly a form type player. But if it wasn’t for him we would have finished below Southampton. He is our best player by a country mile and always fought our corner against the top 6. Was always going to leave, just hope we get top money for him. We are seriously gonna miss him. Everyone always seems comes up with conclusion that they weren’t that good of a player is departing. He was, most people in denial. I think in a better team he will do very well. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine he's hoping Man City may come in an hijack the deal like they trying to do with Declan Rice.

...I  would not say that Postecoglou is a weak manager, I would have been happy to see him here!!!

Apart from being coached by Pep, I cannot see that he would be interested in going to Manchester City, with Grealish already there, you would think he has had more than enough of the comparison. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I dont understand the hate for madders really. Fair enough he wasn’t that good in the final run in and is clearly a form type player. But if it wasn’t for him we would have finished below Southampton. He is our best player by a country mile and always fought our corner against the top 6. Was always going to leave, just hope we get top money for him. We are seriously gonna miss him. Everyone always seems comes up with conclusion that they weren’t that good of a player is departing. He was, most people in denial. I think in a better team he will do very well. 

Faint praise indeed!!! “Without him we’d have finished one place lower in the league (that we were relegated from”!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i could win the euromillions

We could do with it being sorted soon. However, if Spurs have just offered a poxy £30m and then briefed the journalist that they're 'closing in', this could drag out until the end of August.

18 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

He won’t go for less than £50 million. Despite being relegated the club aren’t prepared to have the piss taken out of them. Statistically he’s in the top 5 attacking midfielders in English football. 

I'm not sure we are in any position to try and hardball anyone. Quite simply, we need the money badly. 

• Like 1