Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Bit strange we're not spending a bit more time negotiating clubs (eg Newcastle) against each other, but I guess we just want to get on with our pre-season.  £40m is a good price for Spurs to be fair to them - whatever you think of him last season that's a hell of a signing at that price when you have the likes of Rice being quoted at £100m.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Same day Bayern submit a 70m + addons for Kane - that should make it happen I assume

Kane must go to Bayern surely??

Kane isn’t the type of striker that will suit Big Ange so I reckon Spurs might finally be ready to wave bye bye for the right price

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Same day Bayern submit a 70m + addons for Kane - that should make it happen I assume

Kane must go to Bayern surely??

they need to do something about that situation, either flog him now or lose him for nothing next season,

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

they need to do something about that situation, either flog him now or lose him for nothing next season,

If this offer is true, then we finally see if he has the gumption to go play at a club where there is genuine expectation

Just now, Sparrowhawk said:

Well he's been here for a while so a bit of mediocrity won't be a shock to his system.

Won 2 trophies with us can't see him winning anything at spurs but I get you. 

In 2 minds about this. On the one hand I'm glad it looks to be getting done quickly cus it will allow us to move on and identify our own targets. On the other, I see that Chelsea have rejected a £55m bid for Mount, who is also in the last year of his contract. For me, Maddison is a far better player than Mount and so I think if it ends up being closer to £40m then that's a bit of a steal

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

As appose to the Championship?

I don't think I need to explain why imo Spurs is a poor move apart form the fact it'll allow him to live in London and they'll pay him a lot. I guess it's his level as opposed to a Man City or Liverpool. 

Whilst he was with us he's experienced fighting for champions league football, 2 trophies and then relegation. Hardly mundane. 

Maybe he'll get CL football with spurs but I just think he won't win or achieve anything of note. 

3 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

I don't think I need to explain why imo Spurs is a poor move apart form the fact it'll allow him to live in London and they'll pay him a lot. I guess it's his level as opposed to a Man City or Liverpool. 

Whilst he was with us he's experienced fighting for champions league football, 2 trophies and then relegation. Hardly mundane. 

Maybe he'll get CL football with spurs but I just think he won't win or achieve anything of note. 

I think the move to Spurs was preferred, due to personal reasons, which to me suggests he may actually stay in the Midlands.

• Like 2