Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Just now, Trumpet said:

I think the move to Spurs was preferred, due to personal reasons, which to me suggests he may actually stay in the Midlands.

Yeah you could be right, not a tough commute. Probably was one of the issues with the Newcastle transfer 

2 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

I don't think I need to explain why imo Spurs is a poor move apart form the fact it'll allow him to live in London and they'll pay him a lot. I guess it's his level as opposed to a Man City or Liverpool. 

Whilst he was with us he's experienced fighting for champions league football, 2 trophies and then relegation. Hardly mundane. 

Maybe he'll get CL football with spurs but I just think he won't win or achieve anything of note. 

Well if Man City or Liverpool dont come in for him then he cant go there? Tottenham have been regulars in Europe for the last 10-15 years. I very much doubt he’d win anything at Newcastle in his time there either 

Finished 8th last season (same as us year before) and looked honking towards the end of last season too (relegation form). I still think Kane will go, and Madders can't make them great on his own.  Struggling to see that Spurs side getting top 10 next season. This isn't the big move he would have been thinking he could get. Bye Madders, glad you got to win a few Trophies with us.

But at least he will get complimentary corporate tickets to see Beyonce  at White Hart Lane (we'll never sing that....)

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Finished 8th last season (same as us year before) and looked honking towards the end of last season too (relegation form). I still think Kane will go, and Madders can't make them great on his own.  Struggling to see that Spurs side getting top 10 next season. This isn't the big move he would have been thinking he could get. Bye Madders, glad you got to win a few Trophies with us.

But at least he will get complimentary corporate tickets to see Beyonce  at White Hart Lane (we'll never sing that....)

This post is so true lol I’d laugh at the final paragraph if Ndidi wasn’t hanging out the side of a g wagon in designer drip having just passed the ball out of play on his way to the Champ.

Kane goes Bayern and they’re absolutely fvcked. 

14 minutes ago, KFS said:

This post is so true lol I’d laugh at the final paragraph if Ndidi wasn’t hanging out the side of a g wagon in designer drip having just passed the ball out of play on his way to the Champ.

Kane goes Bayern and they’re absolutely fvcked. 

Not lost on me that the 2 johnny big balls (Youri and Madders) did sideways move from where we were after the 2021/22 season. I know we got relegated blah blah blah, but both were eyeing up the next moves well in advance, and i can't help but think if Youri actually got fit, and Madders spent less time di**ing around in his clique with England being less distracting, that we could have done much better.  To some degree, the 2 go to their next moves with their tails between their legs.

Thats it from me. Hope he does well and look forward to watching him warm the bench for England. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Yeah you could be right, not a tough commute. Probably was one of the issues with the Newcastle transfer 

Certainly hasn’t chose Spurs for silverware. In fact, it has to be commute imo -

I reckon Newcastle are more likely to win silverware in the next 4 or 5 years. Include the Premier League trophy to that, maybe unlikely, but I’d have thought more likely at Newcastle. 

Can’t imagine there’s much in it salary wise.

Has been brilliant for us the past couple of seasons. Has really kicked on. Injuries have been his downfall. I said back end of last season I could see him as a Spurs sort of player. Traditionally is their sort of flair midfield player. Will be a popular signing with them and guaranteed in the England squad. If Kane stays, and Son had a better season, he’ll rack up assists. However, as good as he was for us, it did feel like he went missing at times, and in that respect, he’ll fit right in at Spurs. Wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully gets done asap and we can kick on with rebuilding 

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He better hope Kane does leave else his JM10 or whatever brand he has is fcuked and we know how much that matters 

Will have to wait.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37921960/kane-unavailable-transfer-amid-bayern-interest-sources

Harry Kane has been told by Tottenham Hotspur that he is not available for transfer this summer, sources told ESPN, despite Bayern Munich stepping up their interest in the England captain.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't get all the sarcastic comments, Maddison contributed 10 goals and 9 assists in our relegated side. Best of luck to him.

I think it feels like he gave up and got the Arrrsee [sic] when Rodgers got sacked . 

7 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I think it feels like he gave up and got the Arrrsee [sic] when Rodgers got sacked . 

Don't understand how anyone could think that watching him though. Other players, yes, but Maddison clearly hadn't given up and was trying to make things happen. Him and Barnes were doing their job and producing enough that if we'd had even a mediocre PL defence and midfield in front of them, we'd have been well clear of relegation. If anything I think Maddison was trying too hard to do it himself.

I also don't understand it. But our fans turn on anyone leaving us, unless they're an old player on the decline stepping away at the end of their career like Schmeichel. Mahrez, Kante, Maguire, Chilwell, Fofana... People always find something to turn on them and make them public enemy #1, even if it's talking to a friend on an opposition side and smiling after we've lost,. Football fans are weird and tribal,

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Will have to wait.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37921960/kane-unavailable-transfer-amid-bayern-interest-sources

Harry Kane has been told by Tottenham Hotspur that he is not available for transfer this summer, sources told ESPN, despite Bayern Munich stepping up their interest in the England captain.

I don't think Spurs have the nerves to tell Kane he's not leaving. If he decides to leave they'll sell him otherwise things will turn more grim and toxic there. 

45 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't think Spurs have the nerves to tell Kane he's not leaving. If he decides to leave they'll sell him otherwise things will turn more grim and toxic there. 

I think Kane wants shearers goalscoring record he's 47 off so will need 2-3 more seasons. I think he happily plays another season at Spurs, he can then assess whether they are likely to win anything or sign a contract elsewhere as a free agent next summer.

Edited by Beachyboy

Guest Kopfkino

The saltiness towards is every decent player that leaves this club is so pathetic. Grown men acting like schoolgirls 

Still shouldn’t be surprised when the away end was booing Kante in 2016 - nobody is safe.

I like James Maddison. As a person and a footballer. But he was practically invisible when we needed him most at the business end of the season. For all the great moments he gave us, his reputation has - along with everyone else involved - been sullied by a disastrous relegation with Leicester.

That’s why it’s Spurs and Newcastle showing an interest, not Arsenal, Liverpool or a team from Manchester.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

The saltiness towards is every decent player that leaves this club is so pathetic. Grown men acting like schoolgirls 

Still shouldn’t be surprised when the away end was booing Kante in 2016 - nobody is safe.

Mahrez and Kante boo boys are hilarious, Maddison will get the same. Fans need to face up we aren't the be all and end all as a football club, in fact far from it...players may see their ambition or interests elsewhere. 

The same people will be the ones having spent 30 years in a single company colecting their gold watch for loyal service etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I don't get all the sarcastic comments, Maddison contributed 10 goals and 9 assists in our relegated side. Best of luck to him.

He’s not the easiest person to like is he? Said lots of very stupid stuff on social media, sworn at our fans (apparently) and phoned in performances when it really mattered.

Also a poster boy for everything that’s been wrong with our club for 18 months. 

• Like 1