Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Mahrez and Kante boo boys are hilarious, Maddison will get the same. Fans need to face up we aren't the be all and end all as a football club, in fact far from it...players may see their ambition or interests elsewhere. 

The same people will be the ones having spent 30 years in a single company colecting their gold watch for loyal service etc.

oldish bloke next to me at White Hart Lane in early 2016, when we won 1-0, was periodically slagging Riyad through the whole match. Outstanding levels of stupid

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Mahrez and Kante boo boys are hilarious, Maddison will get the same. Fans need to face up we aren't the be all and end all as a football club, in fact far from it...players may see their ambition or interests elsewhere. 

The same people will be the ones having spent 30 years in a single company colecting their gold watch for loyal service etc.

Not to mention a lot of these fans were the same ones saying we need to get ageing players who were brilliant for us but getting past their best like Schmeichel/Morgan/Vardy/Fuchs/Albrighton/Ulloa out the door because they’re taking up wages. They demand loyalty from players but then never show it to players themselves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

oldish bloke next to me at White Hart Lane in early 2016, when we won 1-0, was periodically slagging Riyad through the whole match. Outstanding levels of stupid

Might be the same bloke who sat behind me in SK1 for years - wears a baseball cap and has a very red face, presume its hypertension - I will always remember during our title wining season he shouted ''**** off out our club'' after failing a stepover or something equally innocuous - I think the type of people that blast players like Mahrez, or Kante have a tint of racism in their being too - they would never do the same to a hard brexit type player i.e Steve Howard, Steve Walsh, Elliott etc  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good luck to him and I'll miss his undoubted qualities, but as for any player who leaves us I'll have absolutely no interest in his future career.

More importantly,  hopefully this will trigger moves into the club as my god we have a lot of work to do on that front over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

- I think the type of people that blast players like Mahrez, or Kante have a tint of racism in their being too - they would never do the same to a hard brexit type player i.e Steve Howard, Steve Walsh, Elliott etc  

That’s just all kinds of stupid

25 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Good luck to him and I'll miss his undoubted qualities, but as for any player who leaves us I'll have absolutely no interest in his future career.

More importantly,  hopefully this will trigger moves into the club as my god we have a lot of work to do on that front over the next few weeks.

Won't miss him falling over every few minutes!! 

Penalty miss against Everton Unforgivable!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Well if Man City or Liverpool dont come in for him then he cant go there? Tottenham have been regulars in Europe for the last 10-15 years. I very much doubt he’d win anything at Newcastle in his time there either 

I think he'd be silly to not go to either of them if they wanted him. they have you are right, we'll agree to disagree with regards too where he'd be more likely to win something at. Footballs all about opinions that's why we love it mate! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Might be the same bloke who sat behind me in SK1 for years - wears a baseball cap and has a very red face, presume its hypertension - I will always remember during our title wining season he shouted ''**** off out our club'' after failing a stepover or something equally innocuous - I think the type of people that blast players like Mahrez, or Kante have a tint of racism in their being too - they would never do the same to a hard brexit type player i.e Steve Howard, Steve Walsh, Elliott etc  

Some wild accusations going on here? So the bloke is racist for blasting mahrez? You have just put 2+2 together and come up with racism,  you obviously must like the bloke if you have been sitting near him since Walsh was playing?  Why don’t you just move 

8 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Some wild accusations going on here? So the bloke is racist for blasting mahrez? You have just put 2+2 together and come up with racism,  you obviously must like the bloke if you have been sitting near him since Walsh was playing?  Why don’t you just move 

He never said he sat next to him all those years lol

Why are you defending quite a valid point. There's plenty of old white brexiteers who would grease albrightons meat all day long but slate Mahrez for far far far less 

• Like 2

I think Newcastle would have been the better move. They will be far better placed to win things over the next 5 years, than Spurs ever will. 

Perhaps life in London is the main pull OR maybe Newcastle have simply cooled their interest. 

I certainly don't hold any animosity towards him. He was always destined to move on, and was our best player at times over his time with us. 

Happy this is getting done rather quickly! Good luck to him, but don't expect him to win anything at Spurs! 

• Like 2

Surprise surprise he bottles it during our run in and the only team interested are Spurs. Poetic.

On his day he's an unbelievable player but when the going gets tough you absolutely cannot rely on him to dig you out of a hole. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

He never said he sat next to him all those years lol

Why are you defending quite a valid point. There's plenty of old white brexiteers who would grease albrightons meat all day long but slate Mahrez for far far far less 

It’s not a valid point though is it?  Steve Walsh played for us years ago so yea he obviously has sat near him for some time! This smells of typical modern Britain whipping out that racism card with zero racism actually used 🤣

42 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think Newcastle would have been the better move. They will be far better placed to win things over the next 5 years, than Spurs ever will. 

Perhaps life in London is the main pull OR maybe Newcastle have simply cooled their interest. 

I certainly don't hold any animosity towards him. He was always destined to move on, and was our best player at times over his time with us. 

Happy this is getting done rather quickly! Good luck to him, but don't expect him to win anything at Spurs! 

Saudi FC  will win nothing maybe a league cup. Flash in the pan. They wont make the Champions League once the Natural big 6 get back into form, Liverpool, Chelsea and United are unlikely to be as crap again. Spurs are just a bigger club than Newcastle regardless of trophies, he will prbably never win another trophy unless he goes to City. 

Whilst I dont get booing of players that move on, unless they have been specfically negative about the club. I also dont get the happy clappy nonsense thankyou for your service bullshit, its a transaction nothing more, we arent friends.  Player goes as far as I am concerned they are dead to the club, gone ended. I dont wish any player of competitor clubs good luck!

Only a very few make it to absolute Legend status imo.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Saudi FC  will win nothing maybe a league cup. Flash in the pan. They wont make the Champions League once the Natural big 6 get back into form, Liverpool, Chelsea and United are unlikely to be as crap again. Spurs are just a bigger club than Newcastle regardless of trophies, he will prbably never win another trophy unless he goes to City. 

Did you say the same when Man City were taken over? lol

Saudi will use the same playbook. May take longer but they will buy their way to trophies. They have unlimited wealth. 

Just a matter of time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Not to mention a lot of these fans were the same ones saying we need to get ageing players who were brilliant for us but getting past their best like Schmeichel/Morgan/Vardy/Fuchs/Albrighton/Ulloa out the door because they’re taking up wages. They demand loyalty from players but then never show it to players themselves.

'the same ones' do you have evidence of that?

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Did you say the same when Man City were taken over? lol

Saudi will use the same playbook. May take longer but they will buy their way to trophies. They have unlimited wealth. 

Just a matter of time. 

I think FFP will stop that in the case of Newcastle.

City got into the big 6 before FFP ****ed any challengers over, now the revenue of Newcastle can be nowhere near the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool ect, they simply dont have and cant easily generate the turn over. 

Are they going to be able to out wealth the masters, and out class with Eddie Howe? hes a good managers but not Pep levels!

Edited by Foxin_Mad

43 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

It’s not a valid point though is it?  Steve Walsh played for us years ago so yea he obviously has sat near him for some time! This smells of typical modern Britain whipping out that racism card with zero racism actually used 🤣

I'm saying a Steve Walsh type player....I never said I sat in SK1 since Steve Walsh was playing, the KP wasn't even built when Walsh was playing for starters.  Never mind 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Surprise surprise he bottles it during our run in and the only team interested are Spurs. Poetic.

On his day he's an unbelievable player but when the going gets tough you absolutely cannot rely on him to dig you out of a hole. 

Unfair comment, no matter what the situation Maddison always wanted the ball. He was confident and brave when others went into their shell.

Need to keep any deals with Spuds completely separate i.e. do not accept Winks as a makeweight.  Transparency on fee please LCFC, otherwise I can see Fluffkin being royally rogered by Levy.