Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

That's a crap deal. £50m should be the minimum we'd accept. £40m is rank bad business 

It's a bargain for Tottenham but I think it's a reasonable deal for us, we weren't fighting bidders off and we've got our business done quick. We couldn't afford to drag this out all summer as it might not have happened cand we might not be able to spend until it did. 

We also don't know how obtainable the add ons are but we did have a very weak hand as we couldn't afford not to sell and have a staring contest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yep, I’d say Barnes is another £40m, Iheanacho £10, Ndidi £5m.

Although we are beyond ****ed if non of this gets reinvested.

Should never entertain selling Nacho for £10 million! He is worth way more to us in the Championship for 12 months than that. 

• Like 4

Regarding add ons 

If any of us were buying madders, we would have a fair chunk of ad ons based on his availability over the next three seasons. (Based on injuries in his hip area - how you get that into a legal document is above my pay grade but I’d want something in there) 

Absolutely brilliant player but I think it's telling that I'm not fussed about him leaving. Maybe it's because it was always going to happen. 

I think the stick he got from our fans on here was unwarranted at times, mainly because it was for non footballing reasons.

My only gripe about his time here was last season. I'm probably wrong but it seemed to me that he was on top form at the start of the season because he was trying to play his way into the England team. After the WC, the drop in his performances were staggering and I find it hard to shake the idea that it's because he achieved what he wanted, knew he was off and couldn't motivate himself to play for the team that provided the platform for him to showcase his talents. 

Good luck at that team you "don't like" James. 

• Like 1

40 mil might seems low. But I read somewhere the Winks deal is separate to keep Norwich's fee lower and we might get Winks cheaper. In which case it's creative accounting - and sort of higher than 40 mil.

Could be rubbish though. I guess if we sign Winks only then will we know. But glad this hasn't dragged on into the start of the season.

I probably wanted us to get a bit closer to £50m upfront, but hopefully we have some decent realistic add ons based around England appearances etc. rather than trophies

Overall I think I am happy with £40m + add ons and the deal being done pretty early so it isn't just hanging around us all summer and potentially dragging into when the season has started and possibly holding us up getting other deals done

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Are people really saying they turned on him for a social media post, which he said some forgettable media speak nonsense like "we played well, we'll be fine if we play like that"? 

Yeah it was proved wrong, but you'd think he threatened all our fans on twitter or celebrated well loved people's deaths or something. People also moaned when our players said nothing in the press and people moaned when Rodgers did the opposite after Forest and basically said we were crap and not good enough. It was a lose-lose-lose situation whatever any of our players did in that case.

Seriously, some of you need to grow up. Do you genuinely treat other human beings you know in real life like this any time they say something that ended up being false or wrong? Especially as if

You might be overegging it a bit there. Personally, I have no big problem with him, and I believe all our players deserve respect.

It's not just that he said something silly on social media and has been proved wrong that has irked so many. It's also the arrogance of saying what he did, after a game where we got no shots on target. It showed he didn't recognise we were in trouble, which frustrated so many. I think he's just become a bit of a lightning rod as a result of representing exactly how the club/squad were treating the threat of relegation.

For those showing actual hatred or dislike for him, I don't think they've liked him from the moment he arrived 😅. But to each their own.

He's worth far more than £60m, but relegation has ****ed our chances of getting what he's worth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guesty said:

40 mil might seems low. But I read somewhere the Winks deal is separate to keep Norwich's fee lower and we might get Winks cheaper. In which case it's creative accounting - and sort of higher than 40 mil.

Could be rubbish though. I guess if we sign Winks only then will we know. But glad this hasn't dragged on into the start of the season.

Surely if we wanted to lower the fee for Norwich, we would include winks in the deal and increase what we thought his actual value was 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Enormous respect for him turning down the Saudi *****. Goes down as a club legend for this.

I very much enjoyed watching him in his 5 years here, a wonderful, technically brilliant footballer who like mahrez before him could regularly make something happen out of nothing, and turn a boring draw into 3 points. 

But didn't want to extend his deal back when we were a European premier league side so he has to go wish we had been more ruthless with Tilemans, ndidi, Soyuncu etc and got a deal while the going was good. 

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Enormous respect for him turning down the Saudi *****. Goes down as a club legend for this.

Think he doesn't want to go to Newcastle because deep down he isn't at their level and he knows it....they play play fast direct football and are going after players who are better then him.

He would have been found out quickly....... Sadly Spurs is his level now and he now's it!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

That's a crap deal. £50m should be the minimum we'd accept. £40m is rank bad business 

As soon as Newcastle backed off the valuation we were stumped with whatever Spurs wanted to pay. It's a steal for a player matching Saka for numbers even depending on add-ons but "we are where we are" 🙄

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Are people really saying they turned on him for a social media post, which he said some forgettable media speak nonsense like "we played well, we'll be fine if we play like that"? 

Yeah it was proved wrong, but you'd think he threatened all our fans on twitter or celebrated well loved people's deaths or something. People also moaned when our players said nothing in the press and people moaned when Rodgers did the opposite after Forest and basically said we were crap and not good enough. It was a lose-lose-lose situation whatever any of our players did in that case.

Seriously, some of you need to grow up. Do you genuinely treat other human beings you know in real life like this any time they say something that ended up being false or wrong? Especially as if

I don’t think the fan base, and I include myself in this, have every really taken to him, like they did the players of 15/16. 

He’s potentially one of our best every players, however he’ll always be remembered by most for screwing up that penalty, shitty clothing adverts and that transparent backpack, that looks like one of those pop up greenhouses kids have. 

Technically great player that epitomises Rodgers time here with poor mentality. 

I don’t think he’s got the quick football brain to push himself to the levels of a KDB. That’s not a dig in a weird way, as not many will ever be that level. He’ll do well for Tottenham, however will be be more Sigurðsson (who was a standout for Swansea then flopped), or Eriksen who was routinely good but incredibly frustrating. 

Tottenham without Kane though, aren’t a top 4 side. They’ll have even less chance if winning trophies. 

I wish him well and I might be wrong, however for £200k a week, the market has much better value. I think Newcastle may have dodged a bullet. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Surely if we wanted to lower the fee for Norwich, we would include winks in the deal and increase what we thought his actual value was 

TBH I'm not sure how it works when you've got a future fee and a player is included in a swap as part of the fee. Can only assume the players value is included in the overall fee, or surely we'd have demanded Winks be included if we really want him. 

Expected £50m. Hoped for a little more. But we are such a mess I'm just glad we got a fee. But Spurs...

Underrated player. Fans did their weird thing of turning on him to hide the pain of him inevitably leaving. We'd have been relegated by March without him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t think the fan base, and I include myself in this, have every really taken to him, like they did the players of 15/16. 

He’s potentially one of our best every players, however he’ll always be remembered by most for screwing up that penalty, shitty clothing adverts and that transparent backpack, that looks like one of those pop up greenhouses kids have. 

Technically great player that epitomises Rodgers time here with poor mentality. 

I don’t think he’s got the quick football brain to push himself to the levels of a KDB. That’s not a dig in a weird way, as not many will ever be that level. He’ll do well for Tottenham, however will be be more Sigurðsson (who was a standout for Swansea then flopped), or Eriksen who was routinely good but incredibly frustrating. 

Tottenham without Kane though, aren’t a top 4 side. They’ll have even less chance if winning trophies. 

I wish him well and I might be wrong, however for £200k a week, the market has much better value. I think Newcastle may have dodged a bullet. 

That's a very roundabout way of calling him a nonce