Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Why do we all take these figures as read?

It will be undisclosed when announced, lets see if Percy/Tanner etc have anything to add on this.

• Like 2

Made a big contribution overall, just didn't show up in the run in when we desperately  needed him to. Wish him all the best, could have been even better but for injuries and that loss of confidence he had around the time of the birth of his first child. Don't see him doing much at Spurs, some way behind Grealish now who he was comparable with 5 years ago.

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Seen the hilarious DMs with Romano losing his head?

Nah, I do remember Moyes taking the piss out of him in a presser last season when he was tweeting about Rice.

Edited by Tuna

I wanted 50 million. 40 million is cheap for Maddison. Understand why we've accepted it though. We have to get on with this rebuild sooner rather than later. Only just over a month until the season starts so it can't wait much longer. We need to move on.

Getting this done early means we'll be able to see some new faces in fairly soon. 

I think (as well as Coady and Winks), we'll probably have a couple more in by end of next week. Means we don't have to rush to sell Barnes now 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t think the fan base, and I include myself in this, have every really taken to him, like they did the players of 15/16. 

He’s potentially one of our best every players, however he’ll always be remembered by most for screwing up that penalty, shitty clothing adverts and that transparent backpack, that looks like one of those pop up greenhouses kids have. 

Technically great player that epitomises Rodgers time here with poor mentality. 

I don’t think he’s got the quick football brain to push himself to the levels of a KDB. That’s not a dig in a weird way, as not many will ever be that level. He’ll do well for Tottenham, however will be be more Sigurðsson (who was a standout for Swansea then flopped), or Eriksen who was routinely good but incredibly frustrating. 

Tottenham without Kane though, aren’t a top 4 side. They’ll have even less chance if winning trophies. 

I wish him well and I might be wrong, however for £200k a week, the market has much better value. I think Newcastle may have dodged a bullet. 

Won't shed a tear about any of last seasons players leaving!.. Maddison is a show pony and goes missing when the going gets tough!! 

Won't be remembered fondly by me and the overwhelming memory I'll have of him is that pathetic penalty against Everton!! 

He better look after that FA Cup winners medal.. 

That'll be it I reckon. 

Disappointed in every aspect of this.

That he's gone

The fee

Of everything that's happened the last couple of years.

the only solace is it's money in the bank and our rebuild is now beginning with hopefully better days one day soon to return. 

I genuinely loved him as a player once. Say thru gritted teeth all the best

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Because he’s a massive diver and spent most of the season arguing with referees. 

Did he actually get booked for diving at any point during the season? 

The arguing with refs and cynical fouls were probably what he got booked for. 

He did well for us but just not feeling it with so many of these players. Not entirely their fault because Rodgers did his best to ruin football enjoyment but they still contributed.

He's been great value for money but won't really miss him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t think the fan base, and I include myself in this, have every really taken to him, like they did the players of 15/16. 

He’s potentially one of our best every players, however he’ll always be remembered by most for screwing up that penalty, shitty clothing adverts and that transparent backpack, that looks like one of those pop up greenhouses kids have. 

Technically great player that epitomises Rodgers time here with poor mentality. 

I don’t think he’s got the quick football brain to push himself to the levels of a KDB. That’s not a dig in a weird way, as not many will ever be that level. He’ll do well for Tottenham, however will be be more Sigurðsson (who was a standout for Swansea then flopped), or Eriksen who was routinely good but incredibly frustrating. 

Tottenham without Kane though, aren’t a top 4 side. They’ll have even less chance if winning trophies. 

I wish him well and I might be wrong, however for £200k a week, the market has much better value. I think Newcastle may have dodged a bullet. 

But none of that is relevant to what I was referring to. There were several people in this very thread saying they used to love him but changed after his social media post, which is who I was referring to 

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Should never entertain selling Nacho for £10 million! He is worth way more to us in the Championship for 12 months than that. 

Fair, although wages and player desire will come into it.

20 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

You might be overegging it a bit there. Personally, I have no big problem with him, and I believe all our players deserve respect.

It's not just that he said something silly on social media and has been proved wrong that has irked so many. It's also the arrogance of saying what he did, after a game where we got no shots on target. It showed he didn't recognise we were in trouble, which frustrated so many. I think he's just become a bit of a lightning rod as a result of representing exactly how the club/squad were treating the threat of relegation.

For those showing actual hatred or dislike for him, I don't think they've liked him from the moment he arrived 😅. But to each their own.

He's worth far more than £60m, but relegation has ****ed our chances of getting what he's worth.

Mate, read the last few pages. I’m not overegging it. There’s more than one poster saying they used to like him but turned on him specifically because of his social media post

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Won't shed a tear about any of last seasons players leaving!.. Maddison is a show pony and goes missing when the going gets tough!! 

Won't be remembered fondly by me and the overwhelming memory I'll have of him is that pathetic penalty against Everton!! 

He better look after that FA Cup winners medal.. 

That'll be it I reckon. 

He’s clearly split the fan base, as even when I speak to fans outside the Foxestalk circle and fans of other teams, they’re largely indifferent toward him.

Some will love him, some will forget he even played for his, some will compare him to Danny Tiatto, 

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Club probably knew it could’ve held out and got an extra £5m-£10m but didn’t want to risk having a Fofana situation again. Glad it’s sorted. 

Fofana had just signed a new contract so we could afford to dig our heels in and ask for the world as he's still available for a sale the season after. With Maddison we either sold this summer, sold him for relative buttons in January or see him leave for free, our hand was very weak especially with the lack of suitors.

With Barnes it is different, we can afford to hold on for our price this season.

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Because he’s a massive diver and spent most of the season arguing with referees. 

The arguing with refs got worse when he had that short period as captain and it pissed me off no end

There was one game where he was captain, I think it might have been Palace, where he didn't actually seem to do anything in the match and just spent the whole 90 mins arguing with the ref about literally everything

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

But none of that is relevant to what I was referring to. There were several people in this very thread saying they used to love him but changed after his social media post, which is who I was referring to 

That was out of touch, however it’s hardly as shocking as the performance against Bournemouth, when he gave them the goal to beat us :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did he actually get booked for diving at any point during the season? 

The arguing with refs and cynical fouls were probably what he got booked for. 

Not directly. But often it all adds up to the first booking. Wasn’t it Fulham when he was diving all over the shop and got nothing for it. 

Two things on the price:

1. Not in either club's interest to make the price look higher. We don't want to show we have a bigger budget, and Spurs want to show they've got a good price. 

2. If it is £40m plus add-ons, wonder if the Winks transfer fee will be lower? 

• Like 1