Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 minute ago, Bert said:

But more importantly, we’d have a player training with us that doesn’t want to be here knowing a move is just around the corner. It’s best for everyone that this has be done quick. 

Exactly, that was what was in my head when I wrote unsettled to be fair. I was thinking well at least we would have him for the opening few games but then thought that’d be more trouble than it’d be worth as he’d be waiting to go/avoiding injury etc. Best thing we can do is get as much done before the opening game barring a fringe outgoing or a few additions incoming!

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Get anyone that isn't 100% commited out before we're training again. If they're still here by then have them train on their own. 

Fully agree mate. 

Given the hand we were playing in the negotiations I’m ok with the fee. Main thing is it’s been done early. He should do well there. As for us, we’ve got a massive creativity/goals gap in our squad that needs addressing.

Wouldn’t take the fee as gospel from Fab the agent appears he gets info direct from Spurs. He denied the double bid which plenty of very well informed journos say otherwise. Think Spurs feed him stuff to save their face - only have to look how he’s tried to push the David Raya potential transfer 

Edited by CosbehFox

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

Mate, read the last few pages. I’m not overegging it. There’s more than one poster saying they used to like him but turned on him specifically because of his social media post

Fair enough. I saw it as a minority, but appreciate my own biases may be downplaying it in my eyes.

40m for me isn't that bad. Especially for someone who's hip is that dodgy that he can't even take a corner. 

Wish him well and thanks for the memories but anyone that leaves this year I won't miss due to how they were apart of the mess that the club is in now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, enmac said:

He's easily been our best player this season. I don't understand the bitterness

We had to sell him because of our dour finances. Was never aware of him sulking

for a move. Still too cheap. 

Yeah but that missed penalty got us relegated you know.. Vardy should of had it (just dont watch the Fulham highlights the next game). Dont forget the Bournemouth game either, hes our only player that made an individual error all season. Dont even get me started on that tweet.. the chairs too good for him

Edited by South Shire Fox

12 minutes ago, Hales said:

I'm surprised he is happy to go to Spurs....

I was going to say something similar.... Spurs!?!? Why!??!!? I thought he wanted champions League football and to win stuff 🤷‍♀️

Edit: I thought he wanted ANY European football 😱

Edited by AmyLGK
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Given the hand we were playing in the negotiations I’m ok with the fee. Main thing is it’s been done early. He should do well there. As for us, we’ve got a massive creativity/goals gap in our squad that needs addressing.

Agreed

as explained weeks ago we are sat with a v weak hand.  once the player has decided he wants to go to a specific club then unless you can generate other interest somewhere he would also consider you are in some trouble. All we could do was indicate that we’d make it tough to get the deal done - that he wouldn’t leave until late in the window and that they’d miss out on their pre season plans with him involved and another suitor could appear in the meantime.   we’ve argued that he’s worth more and spurs have argued back that this can be covered in add ons around the player. Goals and assists, appearances, England caps to name a few obvious ones. 

sounds like this will be 40 + 5. Spurs will have likely have offered 35 + 10. Percy mentioned 40+ on Monday and said we’d rejected so it could perhaps be a few mill more on the base. (Remember every million on the fee sticks 250k in Norwich’s pocket - a canny negotiator would agree the 40 and take a few mill off winks’ deal inc salary contribution ) 

of course this deal could all come tumbling down after his medical ! 

Very happy so far. Enzo has been here little over a week and already getting Madders out and if reports are true close to getting three signings over the line. We need to work fast, no pratting about, take the cash say see ya Madders, good luck not winning anything but getting richer, posing in London, doing cringey handshakes with Son heung min, scoring the occasional free kick and watching the ball cannon off Eric diers massive head 40 times a match.

24 minutes ago, Hales said:

I'm surprised he is happy to go to Spurs....

He obviously has zero clue about living in London. I lived there for 30 years before moving to village life in Austria.   I could never go back.  At least his property will not be stolen when he is away playing in the Champions League. 

• Like 1

Just now, jonny_wright said:

It’s £10m less than the £45+5 we laughed at and rejected from Newcastle  last summer, but we are where we are 

His and ours stock certainly dropped this year unfortunately. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Agreed

as explained weeks ago we are sat with a v weak hand.  once the player has decided he wants to go to a specific club then unless you can generate other interest somewhere he would also consider you are in some trouble. All we could do was indicate that we’d make it tough to get the deal done - that he wouldn’t leave until late in the window and that they’d miss out on their pre season plans with him involved and another suitor could appear in the meantime.   we’ve argued that he’s worth more and spurs have argued back that this can be covered in add ons around the player. Goals and assists, appearances, England caps to name a few obvious ones. 

sounds like this will be 40 + 5. Spurs will have likely have offered 35 + 10. Percy mentioned 40+ on Monday and said we’d rejected so it could perhaps be a few mill more on the base. (Remember every million on the fee sticks 250k in Norwich’s pocket - a canny negotiator would agree the 40 and take a few mill off winks’ deal inc salary contribution ) 

of course this deal could all come tumbling down after his medical ! 

£150k for every Million over £25m

Will go down as one of our all-time greats. Easily our best post-PL-champions player. 

The fee sounds low for one of THE most creative and technically gifted English players.

But what we have to remember is there’s no such thing as a player’s value. Transfer fees are simply determined by how much the buying club is willing to pay the selling club to release the player from his contract. Whether the player is actually any good or not is just one factor. 

If there’s one thing our executives are good at, it’s getting a decent deal for our players - see Maguire, Fofana.

But Tottenham?

:nigel:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Will go down as one of our all-time greats. Easily our best post-PL-champions player. 

The fee sounds low for one of THE most creative and technically gifted English players.

But what we have to remember is there’s no such thing as a player’s value. Transfer fees are simply determined by how much the buying club is willing to pay the selling club to release the player from his contract. Whether the player is actually any good or not is just one factor. 

If there’s one thing our executives are good at, it’s getting a decent deal for our players - see Maguire, Fofana.

But Tottenham?

:nigel:

All time greats? Nah. 

Fantastic footballer indeed, but he’s certainly not one of our all time greats. 

• Like 4