Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 hour ago, Bert said:

All time greats? Nah. 

Fantastic footballer indeed, but he’s certainly not one of our all time greats. 

Agreed. Madders does not compare with the likes of Alan Woolett....

The actual fee is likely to be 'undisclosed' and its hilarious that some of the herd mentality, serial moaners on FoxesTalk are getting so bent out of shape over financial information they are not party too!

Some of the comments remind me of...............

aMKmVOP_460s.jpg

15 minutes ago, jerry said:

Reported £175,000 a week and the bright lights of London. Somehow don't think he will miss us too much.

I didn't say he would.

There's not another profession in the world where a bunch of people criticise you for going on to a better wage and better immediate prospects though is there lol 

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Signing away any ambition for the bright lights of London. No Europe, no trophies. Bit of a sad demise to a promising career.

Or, backs himself enough to finally bring some success to Spurs?

• Haha 2

Whether or not he has been all all time great I wouldn't want to say, he's certainly been our best, and most consistent, player over the last couple of years. Held onto the ball too often over the last few months, but looking at our team, I can imagine anyone thinking 'You know what, I have to do this myself.'

He will do well at Spurs, and he very much fits the ethos, but I can't imagine he is the key to unlocking the trophy cabinet over there. You never know, I guess. 

I don't have any ill-feeling towards him but equally no attachment anymore either. Some great games for us in recent years where he's single-handedly been brilliant. But as with anyone who leaves this summer, going missing when it mattered most has left a sour taste which overshadows everything. Probably suits a move to Spurs where they won't be challenging for much

Lower end of the fee I'd have hoped for but early in the summer and may start the ball rolling on us bringing players in earlier in the window. Not worth the extra £10m to drag it out until the final knockings of the summer.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Kingy had two goals and two assists in that season 

one of each was against Everton post title win

the others were in the 2-2 draw home to West Brom which were no doubt important 

he wasn’t a big part of our title win on the pitch. He was a solid pro and decent player. He certainly isn’t near Maddison’s class but as part of our history he is probably more important than madders. 

Having seen how Maddison plays when the clubs future really matters, compared to King. If Maddison played against West Ham in 2015 he misses the open goal and we don’t do what we did after

Maddison has the mental strength of a 99 ice cream in 40 degree heat 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LCFC72 said:

Medical today at spurs fee reported around 40m

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we’ll be absolutely fine.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dames said:

The sooner we are rid of Maddison, Thomas, Barnes and Hamza we might actually be able to build a half decent team spirit without some little clique prioritising their socials over the club.

I'm all for players enjoying themselves but these lads have not reigned it in at all during the past year when maybe it would have served them and the club better if they got their  heads down and focused on improving as players.

Dewsbury - Hall took a personal photographer on his trip to Ibiza with Maddison last week

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

They can ask for £50mill all they like but they won’t get it!

£50m for Livramento?

Southampton want a deal closer to £50m for Tino Livramento, according to The Athletic.

Newcastle have reportedly bid £15m for the full-back.

That’s not even a close difference. I can’t see Newcastle going above about £20mill, £25mill at an absolute push. It’s a valuation to put off buyers completely rather than any expectation they would get that. 

His contract ends in 2026 from what I can see so Southampton hold the cards really. We didn’t have they luxury with Maddison.

That’s when you get unsettled players though that want to leave which as we found out can be a disaster on its own.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Fantastic player

Great communicator to the media when it was needed

I'm not going to hold anything from last season against him, the place was honking and everyone was shit.

Seems a genuinely nice person, I completely disagree with the notion he is going down there solely for the lifestyle, he's about to be 3 kids deep lol , perhaps he is doing it for his family though in the sense Kennedy is probably a little bit fed up of living in Nottingham after years of modelling around the world before meeting Madders lol 

Hope he does well :) 

I’m sure his misses has said publicly before that she wants to live in London, so I’m sure it played a role compared to Newcastle lol