Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

Why are we even entertaining offers from bleeding Newcastle? The fact they are trying to sign one of our best players is an insult before we even take into account the pathetic offer. Reject and refuse to do business with smaller clubs for our better players. 

• Like 2

I'd be more than happy with us not signing anyone if it means we keep Fofana and Maddison. Try and clear the deadwood over the next 12 months and have a rebuild next summer. We need Tielemans gone though. I'm on the fence with Kasper as his wages are very high but I'd definitely keep him until next summer and give him a proper send off if its a possibility we can keep him and not screw the wage bill. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Why are we even entertaining offers from bleeding Newcastle? The fact they are trying to sign one of our best players is an insult before we even take into account the pathetic offer. Reject and refuse to do business with smaller clubs for our better players. 

100% agree. For our top players it's either sell abroad or Man C, Liverpool or Chelsea. Shouldn't even be selling to the the non cl clubs like Man U and Arsenal or the trophy dodgers at Spurs. 

Unfortunately it's not always that easy though and if we get an acceptable bid for any player from any club and they want to go, we won't have much choice. 

Edited by jayfox26

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Yes we are. They literally haven't won a major trophy since 1955. In that time we have won every major domestic trophy, as well as being the 6th most successful English club since the Premier League era began. Best training ground in the world, more fans then them according to social media following. We are literally a bigger club then they are in every measurable way. 

The bigger club argument is pointless when it comes to stuff like this. I can guarantee not one of these players are arsed when the number on the paper in front of them is bigger than the one they have. Very soon I’d imagine we won’t be nearly as much of an attractive prospect as Newcastle United. They’ll no doubt have the facilities soon and have won trophies. It’s a piss boiler but it’s inevitable. 

Also using social media as a rubric for who has ‘more fans’ is a non-starter. They comfortably have a larger fan base and are more well followed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'd be more than happy with us not signing anyone if it means we keep Fofana and Maddison. Try and clear the deadwood over the next 12 months and have a rebuild next summer. We need Tielemans gone though. I'm on the fence with Kasper as his wages are very high but I'd definitely keep him until next summer and give him a proper send off if its a possibility we can keep him and not screw the wage bill. 

Tielemans will likely still be a Leicester player next season - and we’ll be stronger for it. If he leaves, any replacement will be inferior.

I mean it's a derisory offer but this is what we're going to have to put up with as a club, suitors testing our resolve with low offers and I expect we'll see plenty more outgoing transfer rumours as the transfer window closes as clubs realize we've got no money. Maddison is a vital player and must not be sold!

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So you’re saying a side with Chris Wood up front will out do one of;

Us

West Ham

Arsenal 

Tottenham….

Absolutely not. Newcastle are a work in progress. And Madders going there won’t change anything. They’ve got to rebuild the club from the bottom up first before they start challenging for the top 8. 

Newcastle will be comfortably mid table. 

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Whether or not Wood ends up as a regular as the season progresses is another question.

They have an unspectacular but solid squad with proven established Prem players. They have an excellent coach who is already getting much more out of players such as Joelinton & Saint-Maximan. With a good pre season further bedding players like Wood & Guimaraes (who looks great) I don’t think you can write them off.

They are obviously looking for a couple more big signings and if they are going after someone like Maddison then in my opinion they have thought through their recruitment model quite shrewdly. Throw in the intangibles of the emotion and support of a city such as Newcastle plus they can spend again in Jan and one can easily build a case for top 8.

• Like 1

Are we really in such a predicament as what has been reported. I mean we have a few players on enhanced contracts that some shouldn't be on but how can we be in a worse position than the likes of Everton etc who still manage to throw money around? 

Let's be honest. Of course he's keen. He goes there and doubles his wages and becomes one of the best paid players in the league. Probably gets a better chance of getting into the England squad once he's had a big money move too.

Under no circumstances should we let him go though. We need to match that ambition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I mean it's a derisory offer but this is what we're going to have to put up with as a club, suitors testing our resolve with low offers and I expect we'll see plenty more outgoing transfer rumours as the transfer window closes as clubs realize we've got no money. Maddison is a vital player and must not be sold!

I think other teams are just misinterpreting the narrative of us wanting to cut our squad numbers.

We have money but we also have 33 players that are of an age were they have to be registered in the squad. 

As a club we can't have 8 player sitting draw a wage and not contributing. 

Petty sure if we were desperate we would have offload the likes of Praet, Soumare and Vesty for a combine total of 20m and cut 150k of the wage bill. 

The fact we have turned down offers for all 3 and holding out for better deals tells me we are not that desperate. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The bigger club argument is pointless when it comes to stuff like this. I can guarantee not one of these players are arsed when the number on the paper in front of them is bigger than the one they have. Very soon I’d imagine we won’t be nearly as much of an attractive prospect as Newcastle United. They’ll no doubt have the facilities soon and have won trophies. It’s a piss boiler but it’s inevitable. 

Also using social media as a rubric for who has ‘more fans’ is a non-starter. They comfortably have a larger fan base and are more well followed. 

I'm afraid that is 100% true.

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

100% agree. For our top players it's either sell abroad or Man C, Liverpool or Chelsea. Shouldn't even be selling to the the non cl clubs like Man U and Arsenal or the trophy dodgers at Spurs. 

Unfortunately it's not always that easy though and if we get an acceptable bid for any player from any club and they want to go, we won't have much choice. 

With the money everyone knows Newcastle have got, an acceptable offer from them will be £1 billion and that's the figure I would genuinely quote them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Unfortunately, what it does highlight is the undisputed fact that we're a million miles behind the 'big 6' who just continue to spend massively and strengthen their squads..... I honestly fear for our ability to not only compete, but to stay in the PL in the next few years!...

Our star players will continue to be lured away by the far richer clubs.  Yes, perhaps this has always been the case, but we missed the opportunity to change all that after 2016.

... tragically for us!

True, our transfers in that summer of 2016 weren’t great but it isn’t as simple as that. You can look at the prior contract situation with Kante or subsequent poor signings. We won’t get everything right but we need to get more decisions right than wrong and try to repeat our relative success. Repeated relative success on the pitch is the key to catching up over time, or the Man City/Newcastle route by attracting even richer owners. There is a clear correlation between those two thing though. Overall we have done a good job since 15/16 and we need to be stoic in times like these. Better news will be round the corner and I feel we must trust our owners.