Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Too simplistic an interpretation of our situation. 

we need to sell to free up squad space and wage budget. or we could just loan out those who we don’t want in the squad later in august and carry on with the seventh best squad in the league 

100% this.

It about squad management, we can't have 33 senior pros and then go an add 2 more before we ship players out. 

• Like 2

It's plain to see now that we have peaked as a club in terms of progression.  The lack of signings this summer tells you all you need to know in the direction we are heading.  

The fact that Rodgers said a couple of months ago a huge overhaul was needed with 4 or 5 players and the fact we have signed no one tells a story that will play out one way or another over the next month or so.

Bumpy ride this season I feel.  Can't see it being a particularly positive one.  

I said a ages ago we wouldn't make a single signing and I got slated for it.  This season, lcfc is just an out door, providing the price is right for players.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Let's see..  what is your guess?

He’s currently our best player, so my guess is we won’t sell to Newcastle full stop.

It would have to be a bid that we feel would strengthen our club/team so £90m.

Remember when we went for that Brighton defender and we were quoted £50m,

most of us thought that was ridiculous but he was under contact and that’s what

they valued him at.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

It's plain to see now that we have peaked as a club in terms of progression.  The lack of signings this summer tells you all you need to know in the direction we are heading.  

The fact that Rodgers said a couple of months ago a huge overhaul was needed with 4 or 5 players and the fact we have signed no one tells a story that will play out one way or another over the next month or so.

I said a ages ago we wouldn't make a single signing and I got slated for it.  This season, lcfc is just an out door, providing the price is right for players.

Sit back and chill, we will be fine. 

Progression isn't always linear 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Fact is Eddie Howe will be fvcked off in the next 18 months or so and we won't have to worry about these gimps for a while when they get some continental manager in to push them on. Howe's a stopgap and so are his signings.

Brendan’s next job :ph34r:

Not for sale.  Why sell him so we can spend on more Soumare, Vesty, Praet and Perez that Rodgers does not use? It does not make sense if it is to reinvest in the squad because we should invest in Madders.

Sell Tielemans and also Hamza and Vesty if anyone wants them.

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

First point. Yes, agree. players should be moved on. However, the 18 goal season midfielder, is certainly not that player. We cannot attract a like for like replacement. Which is fine as even Maddison was built up to this level. The point is, on one hand we are showing the ambition of paying a manager what we are - but surely that ambition has to be matched on the pitch. There’s got to be some contingency in place. This, alongside Fofana is a sale that shouldn’t occur this year. 

Second point. I don’t get the point you’re making. Mine was a general point on IF we did. 

Our best players are our most saleable assets. Who do you think should be moved on and do we know people actually want them? 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I’m saying firstly don’t ****ing say we’ve lacked ambition when clearly we have not.

Previously we had ambition, but it was mostly funded by player sales. By continually saying “no” as our fans seem to want, we are getting ourselves into a deeper mess, because we cannot keep everyone happy with our resources.

Players are realising they are having to run contracts down to gain the power and we need to start reacting to that, and fans need to get to grips with the fact at times we are going to have to cash in, and we aren’t going to get £85m for everyone. 

Given the current situation and what you’ve just written, should the club accept bids of c50 mill for Maddison?

Genuine question. A lot of the plonkers on here will immediately say ‘slap on an 80 mill price tag’ but I hear what you are saying. 

7 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

There is still loads of progression available off the pitch, it’s going to come In cycles and we have to trust in the process that’s got us this far to go through another rebuild. 

• Like 3

Just now, Col city fan said:

Given the current situation and what you’ve just written, should the club accept bids of c50 mill for Maddison?

Genuine question. A lot of the plonkers on here will immediately say ‘slap on an 80 mill price tag’ but I hear what you are saying. 

I have zero idea of his intentions, his contract or what our financial situation really is. So it’s difficult to say. 

He is a £65m+ player any day of the week. It would be a dire situation to accept £50m IMO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

But you seem to be specifically problematising our ambition? What would you have rather us do the last 3-4 years? 

not sign Fofana and Tielemans? Not give good contracts to keep our best players? Not try and improve the infrastructure of the club? 

I believe @Babylon was sticking up for the club in reply to the ‘ambition’ or perceived lack of comment.

Those stating a lack of ambition do make me chuckle as most are the same posters that talk about us leaving the old model and it all going wrong, when the reality is the old model just keeps you floating, buy young / unknown for peanuts get top 10 sell big when stock high, rinse and repeat.

To really push on to cement top 6 upwards you need to start holding onto these players when their stock is high and forming a strong lasting team not having to replace a link with a weaker starting unknown player, there isn’t a regular churn of players in those top 4 sides.

In order to do that we have to gamble to a degree it only has to pay off once but that is getting harder and harder with those other clubs spending best part of £150-200m every summer stacking players which we can’t do.

Have we over achieved, you bet your ass we have but now has a consequence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rudders put in a bid for Saint Maximin, say UKP 5m?  With add-ons - another 1m if he scores 40 goals this season.  It might just send a message to Staveley that taking the pi*s does not usually produce positive results in business.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, BKLFox said:

I believe @Babylon was sticking up for the club in reply to the ‘ambition’ or perceived lack of comment.

Those stating a lack of ambition do make me chuckle as most are the same posters that talk about us leaving the old model and it all going wrong, when the reality is the old model just keeps you floating, buy young / unknown for peanuts get top 10 sell big when stock high, rinse and repeat.

To really push on to cement top 6 upwards you need to start holding onto these players when their stock is high and forming a strong lasting team not having to replace a link with a weaker starting unknown player, there isn’t a regular churn of players in those top 4 sides.

In order to do that we have to gamble to a degree it only has to pay off once but that is getting harder and harder with those other clubs spending best part of £150-200m every summer stacking players which we can’t do.

Have we over achieved, you bet your ass we have but now has a consequence.

Absolutely spot on

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is still loads of progression available off the pitch, it’s going to come In cycles and we have to trust in the process that’s got us this far to go through another rebuild. 

100% this, our ambition is still to be the best of the rest, but that doesn't mean we are going to be big spenders each year.

We have are going to have ups and downs, and make mistakes. 

Still think we can have a good season, despite all the doom and gloom. 

Edited by coolhandfox