Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I made the point a week or two back saying it feels we're writing this season off before it's even begun and this is exactly what i'm getting at, I feel the club don't trust or want to back Rodgers, for me we either sacked him at the end of last season or we backed him over the summer, one or the other, we've done/doing neither.

But if they can't afford to back him and don't want to sack him then there's not a lot to do, is there? They're not going to think "well if we're not going to buy a load of players for him, we might as well sack him". I don't think they're anywhere near as desperate as you are to see the back of him.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The only thing Newcastle offer currently is money. In terms of career it’s would be an unwise move right now. 

They are very likely to not win a thing during the length of his contract and on top of that he’s going to wreck his chance of a big move. It offers him no better path into the England team, no Europe.

I'm not so sure they would pay more than we would anyway. Not read that any of their new signings are on the sort of dough Maddison, Fofana, Vardy are on etc

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is such a terrible take. He's 25, he's now one of the best players in the Premier League without question. He moves to Newcastle and he'll not move to a truly big club, which although I'm not as convinced now as much as I used to be that that's all he desires but I don't think a move to Newcastle would interest him on the back of last season.

I guess we’ll see 

32 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just told my kid Maddison's leaving Leicester.....he's refusing to eat his breakfast now😢 he's in tears now😭

Just told my dog the same and the little bugger bit me :ph34r:

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Feels like it was just a bit of a "punt" offer from Newcastle - I honestly don't think we will see them come back with another offer

Tell me about it . I’m trying to get a deal for this S Class convertible over the line . I’ve put the wife’s old Vauxhall plus 5 grand on the table and waiting for the salesman to come back as he’s gone to speak with his manager . Deal is proving very difficult to complete .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Tell me about it . I’m trying to get a deal for this S Class convertible over the line . I’ve put the wife’s old Vauxhall plus 5 grand on the table and waiting for the salesman to come back as he’s gone to speak with his manager . Deal is proving very difficult to complete .

Tell him its the month end but youvr another one to look at this evening and its competitive 

16 minutes ago, Guest said:

But if they can't afford to back him and don't want to sack him then there's not a lot to do, is there? They're not going to think "well if we're not going to buy a load of players for him, we might as well sack him". I don't think they're anywhere near as desperate as you are to see the back of him.

So you've missed the point where I say he'll be annoyed about 'not being backed' or 'being held back' ultimately suggesting it'll come to a head whereby I feel there's a possibility a mutual agreement could arise suiting both parties.

I'm confused, on one hand people saying we're not skint, it's just we're weary of FFP (Of which other clubs don't seem to give a jot about) and we have an over inflated squad (Of which as people have already said we've had opportunities to offload with offers from Soumare, Praet and Castagne - Personally i'd like to keep Praet and Castagne...Soumare i'd drive there), on the other hand you're/people are saying we can't afford to back him - both conducive and viable reasons why we're where we are but again it's either one or the other.

Edited by Matt

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Matt said:

So you've missed the point where I say he'll be annoyed about 'not being backed' or 'being held back' ultimately meaning it'll come to a head whereby I feel there's a possibility a mutual agreement could arise suiting both parties.

I'm confused, on one hand people saying we're not skint, it's just we're weary of FFP (Of which other clubs don't seem to give a jot about) and we have an over inflated squad (Of which as people have already said we've had opportunities to offload with offers from Soumare, Praet and Castagne - Personally i'd like to keep Praet and Castagne...Soumare i'd drive there), on the other hand you're/people are saying we can't afford to back him - both conducive and viable reasons why we're where we are but again it's either one or the other.

Because no one on here has a clue what’s happening mate. 
It’s all speculation 

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Honestly still can't get over the absolute cheek of Newcastle lol

Who the actual ****ing hell do they think they are?!? 

Get used to it - tactics all the big boys do to unsettle players

Hence all the player links now as the Top 6 were put out and are frightened to death of us - they sense blood to rip up the progress we are making and NUFC recognise that we are their first rung to climb!

I have full faith in our owners who have manoeuvred us well to date!! 

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Probably kick off. I mean they’re the biggest club in the world aren’t they? With all those trophies? 

To be honest when I was a kid in the 90’s they were my second club… loved Alan Shearer too. Hopefully they don’t become unbearable now though 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

To be honest when I was a kid in the 90’s they were my second club… loved Alan Shearer too. Hopefully they don’t become unbearable now though 

Couldn’t stand Shearer especially after that hat trick when we were 3-1 up and him kicking Lennon in the face but getting away with it because he was England captain. 

Of course it’s a joke offer from Newcastle.

they won’t go away though unless the club say he’s not for sale! they will come ba k with an improved offer which still won’t be good enough but it’s frikkin unsettling.

we don’t want the sharks to circle this late in the game. Keep calm and carry on!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Couldn’t stand Shearer especially after that hat trick when we were 3-1 up and him kicking Lennon in the face but getting away with it because he was England captain. 

Yeah that conflicted with me back then, I was obviously a huge leicester fan so it was and still is difficult to say I was a Shearer fan lol nothing wrong with the hat-trick just hitting lennon like that was a disgrace I’m sure he regrets it though 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

So you've missed the point where I say he'll be annoyed about 'not being backed' or 'being held back' ultimately suggesting it'll come to a head whereby I feel there's a possibility a mutual agreement could arise suiting both parties.

No, I was just responding to something else you said. I can respond to every point in every post you make if you like, but I will have to charge you my standard hourly rate. Yes, if the situation continues he will probably, and not entirely without justification, grow irritated, but he's still not likely to take a course of action that both reflects badly upon him and costs him the payout he's entitled to. "Mutual termination", "departed by mutual consent", however you want to phrase it - football speak for "sacked".

I don't see how that's one or the other. We can't afford to back him because we're wary of FFP and have an over-inflated squad. Regardless, whether the root cause is that we don't have any money or that we aren't allowed to spend any, the outcome is the same.

Anyway, I shan't derail the topic any further.