Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Couldn’t stand Shearer especially after that hat trick when we were 3-1 up and him kicking Lennon in the face but getting away with it because he was England captain. 

Yes, I was at that midweek game. The Referee bottle it as you say probably because he was England Captain.

• Like 2

Just now, TheFiveTime said:

I'm a bit concerned that we only value him 'closer to 60'. Is he not worth a lot more than that, especially at this point?

If he had longer left on his contract then I’d say so but I think 60 or anything north of that is about where he is right now.

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

If he had longer left on his contract then I’d say so but I think 60 or anything north of that is about where he is right now.

I don’t know, 70+ for me… rather keep him otherwise. But he isn’t going to go Newcastle anyway so this is just ridiculous. He will only see one of the “Sky 6” has a step forward 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Two years with a potential extension. Don't we also have a clause for an extra year if we wanted? I would say 60 still seems low

Oh my son’s new home kit just arrived this morning and yes it’s got madisson 10 printed on the back as he’s his new fav player. I better keep him off the internet today or all hell will break out in the house!

2 hours ago, Md9 said:

Just because they have loads of money now doesn’t mean they will get anywhere with it . No one is going to choose them if it’s a choice between them Arsenal Man Utd Man City Liverpool or even Spurs . 

....it will not be too long for them to be seen as a destination for the next step for players!!!

With Ronaldo looking for a way out at United, bringing him in along with another quality player would easily change perception, and it will not take 5 years to become a force.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maddison would want one of the elite, not Newcastle.

It took Man City 3 years to win a Cup and 4 years win the league, Newcastle will take a similar time line, if not longer. as Man City had a better base.

Newcastle can't spend like Man City did due to FFP. So will take a lot longer if they even make it to a top 4 side 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bryn said:

One thing’s for sure, we cannot lose anymore assets for nothing. Kasper, Vardy and probably Youri at this rate all going for nada at the end of their deals.

To be fair I think we have had plenty of value out of the 1m and 1.7m spent on those too. 

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

Can't say this with 100% certainty but just because they have they richest owners doesn't mean they will give the club the most funds . 

Plenty of clubs have very rich owners but don't spend in comparison to their owners net worth  .

This is because the huge new naming rights, and sponsorship deals don’t kick in yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair I think we have had plenty of value out of the 1m and 1.7m spent on those too. 

Doesn't matter, a club like Leicester can't keep excelling if we don't cash in on our assets at the right time. Not that we'd have done that with Kasper or Vardy but in general.

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Doesn't matter, a club like Leicester can't keep excelling if we don't cash in on our assets at the right time. Not that we'd have done that with Kasper or Vardy but in general.

I agree but strange to include those two in that statement 

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

At least half of the reason we are where we are today is Vardy , his goals, his inspiration and the fear he has generated in the opposition. We would not have won the title without him and probably be a lower table PL team as well. The end of an era is approaching and the task now is to solidify the team to ensure we ride this out properly.

Assuming Percy was the 1st to break this, the club must of leaked the news to him. Doesn't make sense, either they intend to start a bidding war for Maddison or they try to appease the fan base by showing it was instantly declined. Some sources say Newcastle are unhappy with the public leak leading to it probably being us that leaked it to Percy.

Or Maddison's agent leaked it looking for a new contract. 

Either way, would be the worse decision we could make to sell him. 

Newcastle are desperate for a winger - they’ve naively thought that our financial situation would make us bite. Bit bizarre really but Im sure us and others have tried the same with other clubs. That Percy released the article suggests Maddison wants a new deal 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Assuming Percy was the 1st to break this, the club must of leaked the news to him. Doesn't make sense, either they intend to start a bidding war for Maddison or they try to appease the fan base by showing it was instantly declined. Some sources say Newcastle are unhappy with the public leak leading to it probably being us that leaked it to Percy.

Or Maddison's agent leaked it looking for a new contract. 

Either way, would be the worse decision we could make to sell him. 

I don’t care that it was rejected. The fact I’ve seen Newcastle are bidding for our best player makes me angry enough, what is going on at this football club. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I don’t care that it was rejected. The fact I’ve seen Newcastle are bidding for our best player makes me angry enough, what is going on at this football club. 

Bizarre take, are we somehow supposed to prevent clubs bidding on our players now?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Seems a shambles internally. But Newcastle have high ambitions, they need better players and will know they can't yet poach from top of the table clubs, guess we're in the next bracket they feel they can purchase our best players.

I think they aren't as attractive as they think... yet. They haven't done any great business and will want a marquee singing to show progress to their fans. 

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Don’t be angry 

If people think you’re broke then they’ll try to buy a our players. 

we aren’t broke 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Maddison would want one of the elite, not Newcastle.

It took Man City 3 years to win a Cup and 4 years win the league, Newcastle will take a similar time line, if not longer. as Man City had a better base.

If at all!

38 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Apologies but your talking rubbish

if you want to make the next step you have to retain your talent and win trophies !

Have a look at the trophy cabinet in the last 5 years and compare to the previous 133 years !!

Our owners have taken us forwards every step of the way so far and yes this is a trying time which they will learn from.

BR buys, COVID, under performance and a range of factors have resulted in this period but I have absolute faith in them to sort this - no one player or manager will define our club but selling assets for under value is not a way forward 

• Like 2