Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

If Newcastle were to recruit the best of the rest, they’d be a threat. It’ll happen, as they’re the richest club in the world. 

In theory, if they wanted to spend the money, they could have a team of:

Pope

Trippier Botman Fofana Cucurella

St Maxim Tielemans N’Didi Maddison Barnes

Werner

That’s a team that would cause them issues! 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t be angry 

If people think you’re broke then they’ll try to buy a our players. 

we aren’t broke 

Exactly. We are not broke. Just need (just need😳) to shift out the expensive and surplus deadwood due to Fair Play Rules. The fact that a team (I think in Italy) have been demoted because they are 40m Euros in debt, of which 9.5m is a bad debt from Barcelona) just shows how sick these rules are.

7 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Seems a shambles internally. But Newcastle have high ambitions, they need better players and will know they can't yet poach from top of the table clubs, guess we're in the next bracket they feel they can purchase our best players.

I think they aren't as attractive as they think... yet. They haven't done any great business and will want a marquee singing to show progress to their fans. 

I thought top says we want to be fighting for Europe? Now we’ve got mid table teams bidding for our players, hardly shows ambition. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

If Newcastle were to recruit the best of the rest, they’d be a threat. It’ll happen, as they’re the richest club in the world. 

Pope

Werner

I don’t think that’s even better than the team we could put out if we were to stop messing about and sign a RW? You’ve got 4 players from Leicester there? You might as well have neymar, mappe, van Dijk in there too while you’re at it ;) 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I thought top says we want to be fighting for Europe? Now we’ve got mid table teams bidding for our players, hardly shows ambition. 

Anyone can bid. 

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

*a mid table club who is now also the richest club in the world and expected to go on to join the "big 6"

Not like it is Brighton bidding for them, there is a bit more context to it.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

I don’t think that’s even better than the team we could put out if we were to stop messing about and sign a RW? You’ve got 4 players from Leicester there? You might as well have neymar, mappe, van Dijk in there too while you’re at it ;) 

I tried to avoid adding players that realistically they couldn’t sign, even if they chucked money at it whilst they’re outside the Champions League. 

When we have a fit team, we’re capable of beating the best teams in the world, our issue is keeping people fit! 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We cannot control who bids for our players, however our response is in our control. A bigger concern is if we start to accept bids for our perceived better players from clubs we deem as competition for best of rest 

Just now, moore_94 said:

*a mid table club who is also the richest club in the world and expected to go on to join the "big 6"

Not like it is Brighton bidding for them, there is a bit more context to it.

Exactly. 

Although, if they’d like to bid for Amartey, I’d be a happier person. 

Just now, Sly said:

I tried to avoid adding players that realistically they couldn’t sign, even if they chucked money at it whilst they’re outside the Champions League. 

When we have a fit team, we’re capable of beating the best teams in the world, our issue is keeping people fit! 

But signing our four best players is realistic?

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Pope

Werner

I've spent a lot of time in the Middle East and they may have loads of money but when it comes to buying anything they can't help but haggle over the price and try and get a bargain. They have started already. Imagine an Arabic Daniel Levy. They may realize this isn't working and then feel like they are losing face if the team struggles and then really chuck money at it but it will take time I reckon. If that moment comes then yes they will be a big threat. 

• Like 1

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

But signing our four best players is realistic?

I’d they put an offer in of £250m for all 4 we’d accept. Realistically, they have the cash to do it. 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

I've spent a lot of time in the Middle East and they may have loads of money but when it comes to buying anything they can't help but haggle over the price and try and get a bargain. They have started already. Imagine an Arabic Daniel Levy. They may realize this isn't working and then feel like they are losing face if the team struggles and then really chuck money at it but it will take time I reckon. If that moment comes then yes they will be a big threat. 

Ultimately, you don’t get rich by burning money. They’ll be shrewd people and low balling is one tactic. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t be angry 

If people think you’re broke then they’ll try to buy a our players. 

we aren’t broke 

Shows have naive Newcastle are really. They have read the papers and assumed we are desperate.

It's more of an opportunistic punt rather than a detailed list of players they need to move forward. Proper scattergun stuff.

We should publicly state his asking price of £100m then bid £10m for saint-maxim.

• Like 1

Christ this is a depressing place. If the media and some people on here are to be listened to (they are not) then we may as well fold the club as we are selling all out players and never signing another player ever! 

Guest Col city fan
15 minutes ago, Sly said:

Exactly. 

Although, if they’d like to bid for Amartey, I’d be a happier person. 

Don’t you knock the cult heroes!

And don’t forget that Amartey was a player who quite a few on here, quite literally, voted as being Leicester’s player of the season so far.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Don’t you knock the cult heroes!

And don’t forget that Amartey was a player who quite a few on here, quite literally, voted as being Leicester’s player of the season so far.

Still upsets me. 

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

Ultimately, you don’t get rich by burning money. They’ll be shrewd people and low balling is one tactic. 

Personally, I think low balling in business is counterproductive. 

Embarrassing a potential business partner, as Newcastle have done with us, is a bad way to start off a business relationship. 

Chelsea have never pissed us about on 3 deals worth 100m quid. Nor Ed Woodward at Man U. And guess what? we were pragmatic enough to do business with them. Man City we even managed a fairly reasonable compromise and all parties felt they'd had a minor 'win' in the Mahrez deal. 

• Like 1