Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Another correction:

Newcastle won the Intertoto Cup in 2006 though I'm not sure you can really call it a trophy as Scott Parker looks ****ing embarrassed to be holding it:

UEFA-Cup-Newcastle-United-v-AZ-Alkmaar.j

Yet another correction:

Nya-castle also won the European Fairs Cup in 1969

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

I disagree they are building a really good team and pay high wages. 

In the past, Middlesbrough, Fulham and Everton have had new owners/cash injection and splashed the money but it only got them to a certain level.

In my opinion, Newcastle at this moment in time have about 5 good premier league players and the rest of the squad will need upgrading dramatically.

• Like 1

They will only sell Maddison for silly money that they could definitively improve the squad with. The ‘refresh’ was probably based on selling on Tielemans or a number of fringe players - unless we have financial issues it is better to stick with what we have as neither of these things have happened.

• Like 1

26 pages talking about Maddison being sold - we really have lost the plot haven’t we - that absolute ego monster Rodger’s and his rebuild comments have caused complete craziness - fofana no chance - barnes no chance - Maddison no chance - simply will not happen- only player we want to keep that potentially leaves this summer is tielemans and we knew that already - can we all calm the France down - grow a set and actually look forward to next Sunday and our boys putting 3 points on the board please - happy Saturday evening all 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

I really don’t see him going Newcastle. Yes they may be able to offer more money but it  would be a huge sideways step and I think he’s more ambitious than that . 

I wouldn't exactly call it a huge sideways step.

They are on the up and we're OK but we would not be challenging for honours for the next decade ,like they probably will.

Of course it doesn't always go like that ,see Tottenham,  but money does make a huge difference. 

Chelsea and Man City's achievements recently have really been down to that 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Winsum said:

I think Newcastle is just the sort f club that Maddison aspires to play for Big crowds every week , a sellout today against

Bilbao and we struggle for 15,000 tomorrow. Sad to say I think he may ask to go and they may well stump up £50 million

A huge backward step for the club and could be the start of the slide 

Dream of playing with Callum Wilson and Chris wood ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Winsum said:

I think Newcastle is just the sort f club that Maddison aspires to play for Big crowds every week , a sellout today against

Bilbao and we struggle for 15,000 tomorrow. Sad to say I think he may ask to go and they may well stump up £50 million

With the glass half empty approach - your name would be better as ‘youlosesum’ 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

I wouldn't exactly call it a huge sideways step.

They are on the up and we're OK but we would not be challenging for honours for the next decade ,like they probably will.

Of course it doesn't always go like that ,see Tottenham,  but money does make a huge difference. 

Chelsea and Man City's achievements recently have really been down to that 

Oh there’s no denying they are on the up but I think it’ll take a few more seasons  for them  before they are challenging. . I could be totally wrong but I just think Maddison will have his sites set higher which I absolutely have no problem with . 

7 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Does anyone believe we'd take £60m for maddison? It'd be madness right? Unless of course he's playing hardball with his contract

Mystic Meg has just informed me - absolutely no way.  Rogers promised a re-build and not a demolition of the squad. But may be BR was talking about re-building Newcastle’s squad?

9 hours ago, Winsum said:

Literally the most retarded post ever posted on here….. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Start of the slide is a phrase I’m seeing more on here now. I think the slide has already begun. 

Because a few players have been linked away? 

Funny how, we're supposedly struggling money wise(we aren't) and all are main players have started being linked away. lazy journalism. 

even no bids have been made for Youri. 

Just now, Ashley said:

Because a few players have been linked away? 

Funny how, we're supposedly struggling money wise(we aren't) and all are main players have started being linked away. lazy journalism. 

even no bids have been made for Youri. 

No, why would you assume that? Players get linked away all the time. 🤔