Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Start of the slide is a phrase I’m seeing more on here now. I think the slide has already begun. 

Lets wait until we've at least kicked a ball in the competitive season. Everyone seems to judge our success and current standing by rumours in the press and an interview given by our manager earlier in preseason, following comments he said in the heat of the moment to a loss against Forest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Lets wait until we've at least kicked a ball in the competitive season. Everyone seems to judge our success and current standing by rumours in the press and an interview given by our manager earlier in preseason, following comments he said in the heat of the moment to a loss against Forest.

Brendan is the reason, he’s out of ideas. Big squad rebuild bs and blaming everything but himself, this is why we’ll decline under him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Why is it start of the slide then Shep? 

Brendan, he shouldn’t stay on. Anyone constantly deflecting criticism onto the squad, when clearly we have a strong enough team to be in the mix for Europe consistently cannot have longevity. He’s an arrogant, stubborn man that hopefully will not get his rebuild wish.

There’s nothing wrong with our squad, it needs a RW and GK (maybe another CB).Hopefully we can move some of Brendan’s rubbish on to cut down the wage bill a bit and make a couple of additions. No rebuild required.

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Winsum said:

I think Newcastle is just the sort f club that Maddison aspires to play for Big crowds every week , a sellout today against

Bilbao and we struggle for 15,000 tomorrow. Sad to say I think he may ask to go and they may well stump up £50 million

A huge backward step for the club and could be the start of the slide 

Three things….Seville played Arsenal yesterday…..so who knows what team they will put out, oh and Our Ladies national side kick off in a major final at exactly the same time, and it’s July, half the country are on holiday….might have something to do with it….

3 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Three things….Seville played Arsenal yesterday…..so who knows what team they will put out, oh and Our Ladies national side kick off in a major final at exactly the same time, and it’s July, half the country are on holiday….might have something to do with it….

It's madness to put on a usually well attended friendly at the same time as the final.

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

It's madness to put on a usually well attended friendly at the same time as the final.

The schedule was made for the final ages ago, and in fairness who knew England would have reached it. 

Leeds have altered their kick off time today so fans can watch the ladies game.. would have been nice for us to do it too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The schedule was made for the final ages ago, and in fairness who knew England would have reached it. 

Leeds have altered their kick off time today so fans can watch the ladies game.. would have been nice for us to do it too.

perhaps Sevilla have a schedule to get back to Spain …….

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

perhaps Sevilla have a schedule to get back to Spain …….

Perhaps.

Could have been an earlier kick off, could have been later. 

Then Leicester could have maximized ticket sales, but what do we know. 

Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

The saddest thing on this forum is the amount of wetters getting their knickers in a twist over press speculation and lazy journalism 🙄

But that’s all we have, give us something to post about! Not like there’s anything else to talk about. 

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Perhaps.

It couldn’t have been earlier because of the game yesterday!  We’ve only had 24 hours to prep the ground for todays game as it is. A later KO,

as someone has already said may be a problem for Sevilla.  

8 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The saddest thing on this forum is the amount of wetters getting their knickers in a twist over press speculation and lazy journalism 🙄

Whilst I don’t think this will happen, wouldn’t label it lazy journalism if it’s from Percy. 

55 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Perhaps.

I have no dog in this fight, purely playing devils advocate.

Arsenal had 60,000 there yesterday, they didn't know what team Sevilla would put out either.

During the time tickets have been on sale for our game no-one knew our Ladies national side would kick off in a major final at the same time, that has only transpired in the last few days and doubt it'd have a bearing on many peoples decision to holding off buying tickets anyway.

Do Newcastle and Arsenal fans not go on holiday then?

Granted Newcastle and Arsenal have bigger stadiums with bigger fanbases but sell outs compared to a half full stadium.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Arsenal had 60,000 there yesterday, they didn't know what team Sevilla would put out either.

During the time tickets have been on sale for our game no-one knew our Ladies national side would kick off in a major final at the same time, that has only transpired in the last few days and doubt it'd have a bearing on many peoples decision to holding off buying tickets anyway.

Granted Newcastle and Arsenal have bigger stadiums with bigger fanbases but sell outs compared to a half full stadium.

Also take in to account the time it is on a Sunday evening, pain in the arse if you're reliant on public transport.

• Like 1

Why are we getting annoyed at our club when another club has put a bid in for one of our best players? I know our club don't get everything right but we literally cannot control what another club does lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are we getting annoyed at our club when another club has put a bid in for one of our best players? I know our club don't get everything right but we literally cannot control what another club does lol

there is always a reason for a club bidding on a player. Otherwise they would be doing it left, right and centre. 

as I mentioned yesterday, newcastle have been given an indication that the player is either open to a move or that the club is open to a sale.  My guess is it’s his agent encouraging interest in order to drive personal terms offers for him to show to us to drive a better contract renewal.  

the other possibility is that the club want to see if there is a huge sale out there for one of our ‘marquee players’.  The big six and newcastle are the ones likely to pay over the odds. We wouldn’t sell any of them for market rate but if a ridiculous bid was incoming then business is business. 

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Mystic Meg has just informed me - absolutely no way.  Rogers promised a re-build and not a demolition of the squad. But may be BR was talking about re-building Newcastle’s squad?

Yeah it wouldn’t look good if we sold ALL our best players and they were replaced with mediocrity. 

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

They are also being played at far more sociable times than 6pm in a Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Brendan, he shouldn’t stay on. Anyone constantly deflecting criticism onto the squad, when clearly we have a strong enough team to be in the mix for Europe consistently cannot have longevity. He’s an arrogant, stubborn man that hopefully will not get his rebuild wish.

There’s nothing wrong with our squad, it needs a RW and GK (maybe another CB).Hopefully we can move some of Brendan’s rubbish on to cut down the wage bill a bit and make a couple of additions. No rebuild required.

It is possible that the ‘refresh’ comment was used to get some players to up their game as we were struggling a bit at the time. Like Mourinho talking nonsense.

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Brendan is the reason, he’s out of ideas. Big squad rebuild bs and blaming everything but himself, this is why we’ll decline under him.

I have to agree. We have gone from a club with a plan, executed with reasonable success, to a club floundering in every department. Injuries have been horrendous, recruitment has been pitiful, scouting seems to have broken from where we were, team has stuttered and our manager seems incapable of any critical self reflection at all.  He said we needed a team rebuild which could be seen as managing the coming seasons expectations early. We aren’t getting one, so if we stutter again it’s not his fault. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1