Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I have to agree. We have gone from a club with a plan, executed with reasonable success, to a club floundering in every department. Injuries have been horrendous, recruitment has been pitiful, scouting seems to have broken from where we were, team has stuttered and our manager seems incapable of any critical self reflection at all.  He said we needed a team rebuild which could be seen as managing the coming seasons expectations early. We aren’t getting one, so if we stutter again it’s not his fault. 

“Miss Dietrich - curtain call is in ten minutes…”

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I have to agree. We have gone from a club with a plan, executed with reasonable success, to a club floundering in every department. Injuries have been horrendous, recruitment has been pitiful, scouting seems to have broken from where we were, team has stuttered and our manager seems incapable of any critical self reflection at all.  He said we needed a team rebuild which could be seen as managing the coming seasons expectations early. We aren’t getting one, so if we stutter again it’s not his fault. 

I get that the 'plan' never materialized this season(at least as of yet) but i cannot see where we are floundering in every department. With less games and the World Cup break we will be back to our pressing best. I think we will do better than last year with this squad. There is also a lot of talent to come through and we have a cracking training ground. The only thing i could criticize is poor handling of players contracts but that will be a lesson learned. As for Brendon's remarks i would have thought any manager would of took the same route he has that respects the owners. I get what you are saying though i am just trying to put a positive spin on things for my own sanity. Did it sound convincing? or is it coat fetching time?  

1 hour ago, woznotwos said:

I get that the 'plan' never materialized this season(at least as of yet) but i cannot see where we are floundering in every department. With less games and the World Cup break we will be back to our pressing best. I think we will do better than last year with this squad. There is also a lot of talent to come through and we have a cracking training ground. The only thing i could criticize is poor handling of players contracts but that will be a lesson learned. As for Brendon's remarks i would have thought any manager would of took the same route he has that respects the owners. I get what you are saying though i am just trying to put a positive spin on things for my own sanity. Did it sound convincing? or is it coat fetching time?  

I agree. I think our style of play over the past 2 seasons has been hugely dictated with who’s been available and the sheer amount of games we had. To press, play at the pace we did in BR’s first season, would’ve been a huge ask and could easily have resulted in further injuries. It was clear we wanted to do well in Europe and obtain a respectable league finish. To be competitive on all fronts required some pragmatism. 

In another view, which I’ve said before, I’d have no reason to be annoyed at the club for taking a year to consolidate the clubs finances. To finish mid-table, keep as much of our talent as possible, and go full force next summer with a better financial position. Not ideal for us fans, but maybe necessary for the long term stability of our football club. Those decisions come from way above Rodgers position and if they see fit, so be it. 

This isn’t a Rodgers apologist speaking, I don’t care who we have as manager, as long as we’re successful over a period of time. It’s a view taken without blue tinted specs on looking at a successful business model dictated by successful business people. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

We have bought,Kante,Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire, and developed Chilwell, all sold for circa £260m…so now Tielemans, Maddison,Fofana and add Barnes £200m plus….this is what we do…..don’t understand the majority of people om here….and it will be the club that sanction any sales, not Brendan or anyone else….

For me the concerning part is not the model the club follows as that can lead to success long term if invested properly.

My worry is the clubs lack of ability to replace these players.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For me the concerning part is not the model the club follows as that can lead to success long term if invested properly.

My worry is the clubs lack of ability to replace these players.

Vestergaard for Maguire was a fair replacement 😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If we want to stay in front of the toon we have two options ;

1. Refuse outright and dont deal with them 

2. raise the bar to a £100m level as they are competition and make them play - fleece them !

Under that we should not be the slightest bit interested - he’s a Top player with his prime in front of him !!

If he goes anything below 65 million there will be massive uproar from fans and just wouldn't make sense we are normally good at getting a higher fee than what the actual player is worth so has to be 70 million plus if we did sell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

I'm really concerned that we are considering bids under 60 mil...if we go anywhere under that it would be a travesty. Read the times article today saying we would need more than 50, which is still massively under priced

Don't believe what you read in the papers.

LCFC wouldn't sell 1 of their key players for 60mill.

Litterally rejected 70m last season or the season before and he is much better now.

It would take 100m for talks to start.

Maddison is the face of our team at this point - all the Sky/BT graphics use him or Vardy to represent us. Don't see why he'd leave a successful team where he's the most important player and loved by the fans for a team that isn't competing on a significantly higher level (i.e. a regular CL side). I would be surprised if this happened, the only party it makes sense for is the buying club.

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

People really hate Brendan don’t they. I get he is a spin master and not to be trusted but his record at the club speaks for itself on the face of it. And yes that excludes the disappointment of not finishing in the top 4 twice. 

I think he is marmite as he has been at Liverpool and Celtic - his self opinionated clap trap is fine as we can all see it however he never takes accountability and at times he appears bigger than the club - he is a very good manager but not as good as he thinks or at the elite level imo - tactically poor, one dimensional and he has undoubtedly taken us forward but arguably with our best squad ever (not team like 16 but squad).

Personally it’s more about his lack of recognising we have ambitions and had won things before he arrived it’s a pity as he would be held in more regard if had a bit less arrogance.