Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

It feels like once  one deal is done, we will see an avalanche of deals in and out of the club. So glad we have a first ‘easy’ game as the next couple of weeks are going to be a very unsettling time for the club..

1 minute ago, MPH said:

It feels like once  one deal is done, we will see an avalanche of deals in and out of the club. So glad we have a first ‘easy’ game as the next couple of weeks are going to be a very unsettling time for the club..

Agree, but there are plenty of players that are not first team regulars that we could sell first and I'm not sure why we are not letting them go when reasonable offers come in

Really would be worried for the season ahead if Madders or Fofana leave, we need to be building a team around them and I sincerely hope that clubs are being told they are not for sale and that this is not up for negotiation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

Please don't say things like this. No premier League game is ever easy at all. Brentford will be a very hard game, they gave us two good games last year and both games could have gone the other way easily. We scored 3 worldies in 2 games against them. With our situation being no signings and possible key players being sold, I'd say we have no easy games at the moment at all.

• Like 1

Madders cannot be sold for any price. This season he’s gonna light it up big time. Watch and see. His value will only go up.

same token no sell for foffana. These are our jewels for Christ sAke!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Danny280995 said:

Thing is Newcastle are the richest club in the world, if they want him so much, they will keep coming back with new improved bids and we will be tempted by it, just a realistic outcome 

Presumably they’re still bound buy the same FFP rules that we are though? Unless their income is very high.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Will happily swap Vestergaard for Angel of the North. No cash, just pure swap. Confident the statue will do better this season. 

dunno if we should be looking to make our defence shorter

the concern i have, is that there is so much smoke that there must be a little fire. 

There are always internal conversations and if bids are genuinely coming in that’s because the club haven’t firmly shut the door. Now it does sound like we’ve said fofana isn’t for sale but doesn’t sound like we’ve said that about maddison. I’m genuinely worried we’d let him go for 60 and if that’s true… it’s mind blowing we haven’t had a bid for him yet because he’s worth double that 

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

the concern i have, is that there is so much smoke that there must be a little fire. 

There are always internal conversations and if bids are genuinely coming in that’s because the club haven’t firmly shut the door. Now it does sound like we’ve said fofana isn’t for sale but doesn’t sound like we’ve said that about maddison. I’m genuinely worried we’d let him go for 60 and if that’s true… it’s mind blowing we haven’t had a bid for him yet because he’s worth double that 

How have you deduced that we’ve said wes isn’t for sale but madders could be ??.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How have you deduced that we’ve said wes isn’t for sale but madders could be ??.

there are numerous reputable journalists that have motioned that we don’t want to sell fofana, sounded a pretty hard line. 

Not heard the same on maddison just that the price wasn’t right :dunno:

I don’t think the club want another youri situation and might be concerned that we lose both for free 

Edited by Lambert09

It's all about the contract. He has 2 years left and we don't want the same situation as with tielemens. Either he signs a new contract or he'll likely be sold I reckon, that is if the buying club meets their valuation 

Edited by splinterdream

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

there are numerous reputable journalists that have motioned that we don’t want to sell fofana, sounded a pretty hard line. 

Not heard the same on maddison just that the price wasn’t right :dunno:

I don’t think the club want another youri situation and might be concerned that we lose both for free 

We don’t comment on transfer dealings 

its all deduced 

we would sell either player or we got a knockout  bid - every player has a price that simply cannot be rejected 

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

There’s more chance of Vestergaard starting up top ahead of Vardy than us selling Maddison to Newcastle….

I always feel slightly reassured when you or @ramadaone (amongst others) say it how it is - we know the club won’t and some on here get their nickers in the twist at every last article a ‘journalist’ writes. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Thing is Newcastle are the richest club in the world, if they want him so much, they will keep coming back with new improved bids and we will be tempted by it, just a realistic outcome 

If Grealish was 100m then quote 120m for Maddison. By the way has moving to the Mancs helped Gresalish form wise. Seems he was better as a big fish in a smaller pond.