Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Indeed, which is why the talk of space annoys me. Might be a technicality, but space ain’t an issue. 

Take Colwill or any other young player… wouldn’t even take up a “space” as you don’t need to put him in the 25. So it’s cash that is the problem. 

Can't help but feel it's Kasper that all this has been held up on. Him going suddenly opens up a chunk of wages that then we might agree to covering some dog shit we want shot of which then further opens up space, wages, funds etc. It would be very surprising if thongs didn't quicken up naturally in these coming weeks.

I still think 5 or 6 will go minimum and we'll get 2 or 3 in.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TheFish said:

She has Huntingdon's disease.

Well I would not wish that on any one. Several cases in my family who have all passed on.

But I do not recall any of them making ridiculous offers for anything. Whoever at NUFC is making up these numbers and making lowball offers needs to steer clear of Newcastle Brown.

33 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I think you are wrong there mate. Newcastle will be a top 4 side within a couple of seasons. They are on the way up with the owners they have got and their support is amazing. A very very big club and any player with ambition would want to go there.

You think in 2 season they will catch the current top 6? Big call that. They will need to invest 400 to 500m and double their wages to even try. How many of their players would make it into the top 6 teams? Also their revenue is not near the top 6, they don't have the global commercial income.

Will take many many years to continually be in that group of teams.

Edited by richard123
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I think you are wrong there mate. Newcastle will be a top 4 side within a couple of seasons. They are on the way up with the owners they have got and their support is amazing. A very very big club and any player with ambition would want to go there.

I hope you’re joking? Days are gone when you can just become a top 4 club purely on financial power. 

Why do they keep upping their bids for him when they know that we won't sell for anywhere near the offers they are making?  Newcastle are just making themselves look like idiots.  If Grealish goes for 100 million then on what planet do Newcastle think they can get Maddison for 50?

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

Maddison will go to a club that gets him in the national side, I don't think Newcastle are that club at the moment.

In saying that, if they come back again with £60million then I can't see us turning that down, but I'd want 70-80

This would be the biggest loss to the team if he does go, Youri can be replaced, Kasper is coming to the end of his time at the top, little Wes would be a huge loss, but it'll be for big bucks. Maddison is our only creative player, without him, we're very very stagnant 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Not my favorite look for Transfer Talk   :nono:

1314173044_TransferTalk.JPG.3dd0841bd25f3f165fb1923161d66a55.JPG

I'd take this anyday compared to where we've been in the past...the likes of Nicky Maynard, Gareth Williams, Rab Douglas used to top these boards 

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Maddison will go to a club that gets him in the national side, I don't think Newcastle are that club at the moment.

In saying that, if they come back again with £60million then I can't see us turning that down, but I'd want 70-80

This would be the biggest loss to the team if he does go, Youri can be replaced, Kasper is coming to the end of his time at the top, little Wes would be a huge loss, but it'll be for big bucks. Maddison is our only creative player, without him, we're very very stagnant 

Southgate won't pick Maddison whoever he plays for.

6 minutes ago, Phenom said:

A total rebuild if he, Fofana, Youri and Kasper leave. Might not be the worst thing – just wish that had been the plan coming into the summer so we could get promising replacements in.

Madders is integral to our attacking play and you can’t replace him like for like. No way we should even consider this late in the window. Not even if they offer £60m

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 3