Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I don't think they are that far behind , their form in the second half of the season was excellent and ours had been shite for about a year and a half

Id say there are few if any Newcastle players who would make our starting 11 if both were injury free. Bruno would. Saint Max. Otherwise, they’re in essence a mid table team. 

I think it’s a dangerous game to sell below/sideways, rather than up. If this was the top 6, I’d understand it (ie Fofana).

• Like 1

End of the day we  cant stop teams bidding for our players.  What we  can control is to say no.  At the minute we've lost no one.  If we were to let players like maddison, Fofana etc go, then you've got to question what direction we are headed if we are already going to probably lose kasper, tielemens etc.  

Whatever players we have still when the window closes, Rodgers has got to make sure the team is right on it.  A bad start and this gets messy. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

What a bad move this would be for him. Hand on heart, do you think they will finish above us? I don’t think so. Upwards trajectory or not, there are still many unanswered questions about their takeover. 

Also, their squad isn’t even that strong, still weaker than ours. If I was Maddison, I would prove myself at us for another season or two and then really go for a big move. He is capable, we know that, but consistency needs to be proven. I would lose a lot of respect if he went there, but more importantly, I can’t see it working.

Trying to see it from his POV though: 

Maddison is 25. He signs for Newcastle, signing a 4-5 year deal which doubles his money and covers his 'peak' years. He's at a club that is now the richest in the world, is their main man in midfield and has a rabid and passionate fanbase with 50,000+ in attendance each week. Over the course of his contract I'd say Newcastle are more likely to finish above us than below more often than not. 

As you say, the real 'opportunity cost' of going to Newcastle is missing out on a move to the 'big 6' 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

and possibly the captains armband too I’d imagine to entice him to stay

if you think about it, we don’t have many candidates for the captain  Evans and Vardy would be the obvious but if you are planning a rebuild  it might not make sense to give someone the captaincy if they are only going to be here for 1 more year..

Kdh

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sell him and confirms everything I'm currently worried about at the club. 

That it’s following the same process of selling and reinvesting as we have done for years. 

I really would love to know what peoples grand plan is, let them all see out their contacts for nothing? Pay more money than we can afford to keep them?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

No way he goes to Newcastle....like's being close to cov,his mate's and family.

Agreed. He’s happy in that massive house with the personalised footy pitch. That place was an investment, and even for the rich that would be a foolish thing to give up to go to a shite team like Newcastle

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sell him and confirms everything I'm currently worried about at the club. 

Downwards for us now, Rogers will go, we will have shit season, Ward and Iverson as our two keepers is a death sentence, 10 players out of contracts next year, clubs wanting all our stars, we're ****ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Stinky said:

You realise they all play for us, right?

Yeah, as did the names mentioned in the post. It shows how times have changed on the calibre of players we now have 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Practising their tapping up

Well, they need to practice more. It's preposterous that, even if the freakish set of circumstances we accepted a bid, he'd move there.  

He's too ambitious to play mid table football for the next three seasons or so.

1 minute ago, Danny280995 said:

Downwards for us now, Rogers will go, we will have shit season, Ward and Iverson as our two keepers is a death sentence, 10 players out of contracts next year, clubs wanting all our stars, we're ****ed

So you’re positive then?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hitesh said:

Yeah, as did the names mentioned in the post. It shows how times have changed on the calibre of players we now have 

Fair enough seeing it that way round, just not good that the new post is us potentially losing them all lol

• Haha 1

This is shit isn't it? 

If we don't sell this year and he doesn't sign a new contract then we're in the same situation as Youri this time next year. 

Shit management by the club. Rudkin and co need to get there act together. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Haha 2

Just now, TommyK said:

This is shit isn't it? 

If we don't sell this year and he doesn't sign a new contract then we're in the same situation as Youri this time next year. 

Shit management by the club. Rudkin and co need to get there act together. 

Shit management would be to not sell if he has no intention of signing a new contract and there at brig big bids coming in. You can’t force people to sign them.